Castlevania Advance Collection - Available Now/$19.99 USD

Ah Konami, how you just re-release games nowadays and haven't made a new, good game in so long...

I'm not complaining though, it would be nice to have these on modern systems, along with the DS Castlevania games. It's fine there hasn't been a new Castlevania game in nearly a decade, really, I'm not salty or anything...

• Like 3

Trophy wise I've found the Castlevania collections so far to be a bit of a let down. Anniversary is self explanatory and for Requiem I feel like both games are meaty enough they could have each had their own plat instead of a shared one. So not getting my hopes up about trophies for this.

BUT, don't get me wrong, that is just the trophy collector side of me venting a little. As far as new game announcements/leaks go this is seriously one of the most exciting ones of the year for me. Never played these and I've really been wanting to.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

and for Requiem I feel like both games are meaty enough they could have each had their own plat instead of a shared one

I feel Rondo of Blood would have been fine with its own "100%" list, but Symphony of the Night certainly should have had its own platinum trophy list. I don't know why they started combining games in a collection into one list, especially when you had early collections like Sly Cooper with three platinum trophy lists and one 100%.

I own both Castlevania Collection and Requiem though I haven't got round to playing them yet but it got me thinking when I was looking at them the other day that it felt like the handheld games never got a home console release, seeing this has made me excited to play them, if it does infact come out and isn't only for Nintendo consoles. I say that because Requiem was never released on another other than PS4. So there is a slim chance they may not come out on anything other than a Nintendo console but that is just a guess.

5 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

I own both Castlevania Collection and Requiem though I haven't got round to playing them yet but it got me thinking when I was looking at them the other day that it felt like the handheld games never got a home console release, seeing this has made me excited to play them, if it does infact come out and isn't only for Nintendo consoles. I say that because Requiem was never released on another other than PS4. So there is a slim chance they may not come out on anything other than a Nintendo console but that is just a guess.

According to what I read, Requiem used Sony's PSP emulator, so it makes sense that it was exclusive. The site claims this registration is for "multiple platforms", so it'll most likely be similar to the Anniversary Collection.

After having Metroid: Dread announced recently, it's nice to see Castlevania also getting some semblance of a bone.

While this obviously isn't as good as getting an entirely new 2D Castlevania (Or a new Castlevania period, for that matter), it's still nice to see because I remember really enjoying these three games in the past so it'd be cool to get a chance to play them again on modern platforms. Hopefully they'll do something similar for the DS games, as others have already suggested.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

I'm always down for more Circle of the Moon.  And I've never played Harmony.

i played Harmony only very briefly. I loved Cirlce back in the dayI winder how it holds up

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Lords of Shadows next please kthxbai

I agree all 3 games on Disc with all add-ons, even if it is a 2-disc set.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Void said:

I loved Cirlce back in the dayI winder how it holds up

I played it fairly recently on the WiiU and I still loved it.  The card system is a lot of fun.  It was my first Castlevania so rose-tinted glasses and all.

3 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

I played it fairly recently on the WiiU and I still loved it.  The card system is a lot of fun.  It was my first Castlevania so rose-tinted glasses and all.

nice, too bad the card drops are so random and no NG+. I am sure Limited Run will do a physical edition and I will buy that version guaranteed.

After Capcom released the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection it gave slight hope that Konami could do the same with the Castlevania series on Nintendo's handheld consoles.

Wait for the official announcement and who knows with the DS game and a possible physical media version.