Pac Attack tips

VirtualNight

With only 2 games left to do, I went into Pac Attack (the tetris one).

I spent just about 5h so far however any relevant improvement seems miles away, my score always varies between 180,000 and 210,000 (don't forget you start with 100,000 points already) and I don't know what the main strategy should be.

Forming long combo of ghosts doesn't seem so efficient since the points awarded are not that big and also the situation tends to mess up where eventually some ghosts are either one on top of others or some terrible blocks force me to drop the ghosts somewhere else away from the main chain, which all culminates into too many blocks and more ghosts incoming and ultimately I get a game over.

Instead,  trying to form a 4-6 ghosts chain seems to keep the situation handleable, until about lv 28 where the blocks fall at lightning speed and there is a massive spam of ghosts, and the block with pac-man gives him almost always turned in the opposite direction, all that just creates a giant wall filled with ghosts everywhere and then I inevitably get a game over.

I doubt I will receive any reply, but does anyone have a good strategy to survive long enough to get the master stamp?

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

Been a looooong time since I played this, but if I remember rightly each wave of blocks generally allows you to build a pattern where your Pac-Man can then clear (almost) every ghost when you drop it. If you can spot those it may help you to keep the flow going

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I got 500,000 score. Eventually, by keep playing I have learned better strategies to form good patterns for pac-man. What matters the most is to learn to rotate the blocks very quickly (aka know if it is better use :cross: or :circle:) and place them where you want to,

The most important info is that the higher level, the more points. So even if the beginning is slow, eventually you get always more points, is a matter of keep trying and afterwards the improvement will come without that you even notice it.

If you get the fairy at the bottom, you get 10,000 points the first time, then an additional 10,000 for the next fairy and so on, however , when grinding 100 fairies, I once had the fairy at the bottom and, for unknown reason, I got 100,000 points instead. I have no idea why, maybe you get this if you can place 2 fairies in a row at the bottom. Is a crazy amount of points that can help a lot.

My first times I couldn't go over 200,000 points, then I suddently found myself hitting 350,000 a good amount of times, then I once got 430,000 and finally I got over 500,000

• Like 1