Millions possibly all PS3 console IDs leaked causing consoles to be banned

GUDGER666

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Back in April This was posted on YouTube talking about the leak. Its in Spanish.  Since then i have seen an increase in people saying they have been banned when they have done nothing. Also seen people saying they have seen an increase in people selling PS3 IDs for cheap. 

The main thing I'm seeing and hearing is the response from Sony is the console was banned for hacking and exploiting. So basically their PS3 IDs are used, probably for online hacking and the console was banned. 

This has just happened to me now, tried to sign in and it says the console has being banned or temporarily suspended. My account is fine i can log in on my other PS3, but my main PS3 has got a ban. I signed in fine about 2 hours ago and all i did was use Netflix. 

This is very worrying, if its true that console IDs have been leaked then over the next few months i think we will see a huge increase in this happening, I can't think of what Sony could do to stop this issue?  If its not a console ID leak then what the hell is going on? 

Sony could just stop banning consoles...PS3 is practically dead anyway most online PS3 games are dead

• Like 4

Just went turn on one of my PS3s and see there is a system update 4.88. Had no idea there had been another update recently. Curious what caused it since the last update had a BluRay key update for the millions of people still using PS3s as movie players. 

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

What has Sony security support told you about your ban?

I've only just got the message so no contact yet, most of the people who had this happen say they were banned for 24 hours or 3 days. I've never hacked or done anything wrong so I've never had a message like this, i would think this is temporary hopefully. If its not gone in next few days i guess i will have to contact them.

14 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

My PS3 is fine, but do they email you when it happens? If these bans are 24-72 hours I could have just missed it since I don't use my PS3 anymore

From what I always understood, console bans were permanent (edit: they can be temporary), and usually due to using CFW or such. I've heard of people buying pre-owned PS3s, and can't connect to PSN using them due to the previous owner(s) having gotten the console permanently banned.

But I don't know if that's what's happening here or not. This whole thing confuses me tbh.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

14 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I've only just got the message so no contact yet, most of the people who had this happen say they were banned for 24 hours or 3 days. I've never hacked or done anything wrong so I've never had a message like this, i would think this is temporary hopefully. If its not gone in next few days i guess i will have to contact them.

You should really contact Sony. At the very least, you'll be bringing the problem to their attention. If enough people do that, then perhaps they'll actually do something about it.

Also, if you contact them now, and it happens again, it will lend more credibility to your claims. Rather than on the second or third time when it becomes a permanent ban. Since if your ID was taken, they can just use it again when it gets unbanned.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

From what I always understood, console bans were permanent

No, that’s not accurate. Console bans can be for just as long as account bans. People just usually wait out the temporary console bans, instead of offloading their console like with a permanent ban. 

• Like 1