Millions possibly all PS3 console IDs leaked causing consoles to be banned

GUDGER666

6 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

to my knowledge, literally nothing can be done. We don't know if Sony is aware/cares about this.

Do they care about us Q1uck?

Just check one of the 4 we have and mine, is working fine.

Edited by kfree7
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

My PS3 Slim is fine. 

Our 2 slims are ok.  

Haven't check the fat ones.

Any word yet on ppl not being able to play games.  

What if you want to clean up old trophies from mp games?

If you know of anyway to protect working ps3, please pass that on.

Edited by kfree7
  • Like 2

Signed in and played today without any problems. There was some suspicious behaviour 3 days ago, signing me out of PSN every 10 minutes or so but I think it was my crap WiFi since it stopped after i connected it with LAN cable. Still, I haven't played in months until recently so if I was banned temporarily without any mails I have no way to know. This is the first time I hear about this leak. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kfree7 said:

Our 2 slims are ok.  

Haven't check the fat ones.

Any word yet on ppl not being able to play games.  

What if you want to clean up old trophies from mp games?

There's no way to protect the ps3 aside from praying your console ID is not chosen between millions of others.

In case you get unlucky and your ps3 is banned in the future, you'll need to buy another one, which might get banned eventually too.

The banned ps3 is probably not completely lost as you can try to mod it and sell for a lower price, there's a decent market yet for soft-modded ps3 amongst non trophy hunters.

30 minutes ago, kfree7 said:

This isn’t necessarily something that can be protected. Your console gets one ID in its lifetime. Once someone captures that, somehow, and then uses it on a CFW console to identify itself to PSN as that ID, it’s done. Short of identifying whatever is being used by the console to broadcast it and whatever is being used to read and identify them and avoiding those things, this isn’t something that a service like two factor authentication can prevent. And that’s not even giving credit if someone has found a way to generate IDs that match existing boxes and just using that as the supply of IDs. 

• Like 1

It seems someone who can understand Spanish watched the video and gave a brief summary of it.

For anyone that doesn't want/can't follow the link for whatever reason, basically whatever was "storing" the PS3 CIDs on Sony's end wasn't secured efficiently, apparently there was no sort of encryption and they were basically just listed in a simple "folder".

Not sure how exactly they leaked, assuming once again it's true they have been leaked. This may have been a fairly recent data breach or something that has been floating around for a while and only exposed recently. If it is indeed an actual (recent) data breach, that's going to seriously hurt Sony if this comes to light, they're still reeling from the effects of the 2011 hack to this day.

• Like 3

In the video he states that he already saw the leaked folder, and, presumably, Sony wouldn't ban suspicious CIDs because of the chance that innocent could be affected in the process with the current CID manipulation/Spoofing. He's a somewhat known YouTuber in the Spanish PS3 CFW scene, so, in my opinion, It could be true.

PD: Used my PS3 for the last days and any problems with PSN and sync atm.

Edited by SaAlLoAg
  • Like 2

On 18/06/2021 at 10:15 PM, DaivRules said:

Every console has a unique identifier, kinda like a serial number that it uses to identify itself to PSN, before it presents PSN credentials. 

Why does it matter that people have them? Are CFW users spoofing the IDs so that when they get banned they can just change it to another one? 

8 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Perhaps we can find some way of attracting the ire of the cancel culture crowd. Nothing motivates a giant, evil corporation and moves them to action faster than the moment they see the Twitter outrage mob descending on them with virtual torches and pitchforks. If only they were similarly motivated when their own customers accounts and consoles were under attack. 1f61e.png

Let's not stoop that low lol

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

It seems someone who can understand Spanish watched the video and gave a brief summary of it.

For anyone that doesn't want/can't follow the link for whatever reason, basically whatever was "storing" the PS3 CIDs on Sony's end wasn't secured efficiently, apparently there was no sort of encryption and they were basically just listed in a simple "folder".

Not sure how exactly they leaked, assuming once again it's true they have been leaked. This may have been a fairly recent data breach or something that has been floating around for a while and only exposed recently. If it is indeed an actual (recent) data breach, that's going to seriously hurt Sony if this comes to light, they're still reeling from the effects of the 2011 hack to this day.

Wonder what will happen if this is really what's going on. I don't see how they could stop it. 

I will say it again. Sony is trying to kill off the PS3 and Vita. I checked a second time and saw no issues on my end regarding my PS3. But.... this is definitely something we need to be wary of going forward. 

I don’t know what is worse. The pathetic, snowflake cancel culture running rampant nowadays, or the massive multi billion dollar corporations just sitting there on top grinning like pigs rolling in shit while the money flows through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I will say it again. Sony is trying to kill off the PS3 and Vita. I checked a second time and saw no issues on my end regarding my PS3. But.... this is definitely something we need to be wary of going forward. 

I don’t know what is worse. The pathetic, snowflake cancel culture running rampant nowadays, or the massive multi billion dollar corporations just sitting there on top grinning like pigs rolling in shit while the money flows through.

The latter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaAlLoAg said:

In the video he states that he already saw the leaked folder, and, presumably, Sony can't ban suspicious CIDs because of the chance that innocent could be affected in the process with the current CID manipulation/Spoofing. He's a somewhat known YouTuber in the Spanish PS3 CFW scene, so, in my opinion, It could be true.

I’d like to believe you’re right about this, even if it means the PS3 is the Wild West for those with hacking knowledge/ability. I couldn’t really care what these virgins (I’m sorry) do with their consoles unless their actions affect myself and/or anyone else here just wanting to access our purchased content and the PSN as per usual.

Edited by PMV

53 minutes ago, SaAlLoAg said:

In the video he states that he already saw the leaked folder, and, presumably, Sony can't ban suspicious CIDs because of the chance that innocent could be affected in the process with the current CID manipulation/Spoofing. He's a somewhat known YouTuber in the Spanish PS3 CFW scene, so, in my opinion, It could be true.

PD: Used my PS3 for the last days and any problems with PSN and sync atm.

In fair world, yes, that would be true. But we all know Sony doesn't give one care and it's going keep banning any CFW suspicious activity and the Console ID associated with it, a.k.a we are screwed.