Kill Your Completion 16

Awesome, sing me up, had to skip the last edition but i was waiting for this to come. Here is my list, let's wreck our completions:

1. Erica
  2. Remnant: From The Ashes 
  3. Subnautica
  4. Outlast
  5. Shenmue
  6. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
  7. Spyro the Dragon 
  8. Dishonored
  9. ?
  10. ?

I'm tempted to make it a 10 since some of them seem to be rather short, but i don't know what to throw in there yet, i'll wait for the july ps+ lineup to unveil my final 2 games.

Edited by Neptuos
  • Like 3

Always wanted to try this, count me in.  I'm gonna stick with 5, as I'm moderately busy but I can commit to 5 easy.

1. Disgaea 1 Complete

2. Tales of Xillia

3. Hatoful Boyfriend

4. Gran Turismo 5

5. Resident Evil (PS3)

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 4

I now know it's not a good thing to go with more than six games as I will probably get overwhelmed and forget again. I managed to play five games in the last KYC so I will stay with that number for the time being. All games are on the PS4 this time.

Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition

Nexomon: Extinction

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin

Streets of Rage 4

Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story

• Like 4

Instead of waiting for plus/now and be disappointed again, for my last two games i'll add games that are in my list for a while now, and i also changed the order a bit, so here's my final list:

1. Spyro the Dragon
  2. Remnant: From The Ashes 
  3. Resident Evil 0
  4. Shenmue
  5. Outlast
  6. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
  7. Erica 
  8. Dishonored
  9. Subnautica
  10. Final Fantasy VIII
  • Like 4

I’m signing up again big surprise lol last time I tried to reach for the sun with 10 games and only was able to finish 6 this time I’m going back down to 5 with a possible bonus game. I like to have a theme with these the theme this time is PlayStation exclusives I’m only playing games that are only on PlayStation or started out a PlayStation exclusive and eventually ended on other platforms years later.

game list not in particular order

1. Horizon Zero Dawn

2. Spider-Man Miles Morales

3. XIII Sentinels 

4. God of War 

5. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

???

• Like 4

My usual start-up post, comparing my starting stats with KYC 15's starting stats:

Games played: 469 (+10)

Games completed: 291 (+5)

Unearned trophies: 3,657 (+8)

Completion percentage: 74.24% (+0.23%)

A small increase to everything, not really much to say about this one.

It's July 1st here, but I'll probably start my first game later in the day, probably after work.

• Like 2

Game #1 - Commandos 2 HD - Preview

L417c09.png

Developer:: Pyro Studios

Publisher: Kalypso Media Group

Genre: Strategy/Tactics

Price: 19,99€

Well this one is a blast from the past. I played both Commandos 1 and 2 back in the day and they were great games At the time I remember them being pretty unique. Unfortunately I've heard not so great things about this remaster, and it'll be interesting to see, how the controls translate to a controller.

The trophy list seems pretty straightforward, at least it seems like in essence you just need to beat the game. That does not make it necessarily easy however, as I remember there being some missions that were an abolute pain in the ass.

• Like 3

So just some basic thoughts on my first title, Resident Evil for the PS3.

I'm beginning with Jills campaign on Normal, and so far it's more of what I don't like in Resident Evil than what I do.  I'm hoping to beat the game with both Jill and Chris on Normal and Easy before passing judgement, but we'll see how that goes.

I find some of the tricks it's using, like items needed for saving and limited item space, to be really fun to work around.  However, I'm finding other facets of the game to be awful and not growing better with age, so to speak 

• Like 3

KYC 16 List
1. Hidden Through Time 
(July 1-6)

2. Knowledge is Power (July 7-12)

3. One Night Stand (July 13-18)

4. Infinite Minigolf (July 19-24)

5. Tower of Beatrice (July 25-31)

I know my list is short and the games will likely be small in scale, but it’s the best I can do in this hectic and crazy summer. Happy gaming! 

• Like 3

Game #1 - Commandos 2 HD - Final Impressions

L417c09.png

but actualy

Le0676b.png

So yeah. After trying Commandos 2, which started out alright it eventually took a turn. I actually only beat the first mission and got towards the end of the second one. Unfortunately the last segment of that mission is that you have to fight off an enemy attack. This is where it became a notieably problem, not having a mouse. After trying for about 30 minutes just that segment alone I decided to call it.

So instead I went ham on Dead or School (was already in progress), and ended up putting a good 10+ hours into it over the past few days and got the plat in the process.

It's a metroidvania with a lot of combat, plenty of weapons to choose from and to upgrade. You also get to upgrade your character and level up as you go. The levels are fairly long, but have several save points all over, which allow fast travel between them. This allows for solid progression at your own pace.

There are secrets and collectibels to discover, and that's where the main weak point lies. To get to a lot of them, you have to do some sort of platforming or puzzle sequence. Half of them aren't too bad, the other half however is quite annoying and to some extent down to luck.

The story is nonsense to be honest, so I didn' waste too much of my time following it. It boils down to having to save the world to be able to go to school, so yeah...

Commandos 2 HD ends up being a 5/10 for me. It looks like Commandos, but lacks the fine-tuning to the controls.

Dead or School is a lot fo fun overall 7.5/10.

• Like 4

Game #2 - Yakuza 3 (PS3) - Preview

L3ce00c.png

Developer:: Sega

Publisher: Sega

Genre: Action Adventure/Beat Em Up

Turns out I'm playing this series completely out of order, but oh well. I've only played Yakuza 6 so far and enjoyed it for hte most part. Wasn't a fan of the mini games, but then again I never am. I never intend to plat any of these games, as it just takes too much of a time investment and I've got about 500 games in my backlog still, so yeah.

Anyway,  it's been a while since I played a sort of Beat Em Up game of sorts. If it's like the other Yakuza game I played, there'll be a lot of exposition and story with a few fights thrown in every once in a while.

• Like 4