Lindsay Lohan To Sue Rockstar Over GTA V

Goro

According to TMZ, Lindsay Lohan who has starred in Mean Girls and The Parent Trap, has opened a lawsuit against Rockstar Games over her image being used without solid permission and may cost Rockstar a serious amount of money if they were to lose which is likely.

TMZ pointed out that one of GTA V’s images, that is one of the main pictures used by Rockstar in GTA: V, looks almost identical to Lindsay Lohan’s photo.  The game also includes a mission that has players take home a Lohan lookalike character to escape the paparazzi.

As many already know Rockstar were sued by rapper Daz Dillinger because of 2 songs used without permission, and this would be the second time they would be sued if she decided to sue, meaning even more money being taken from them.

Gamespot have reached out to Rockstar Games and parent company Take-Two Interactive and received the following response:

"If Lohan does indeed sue Rockstar over GTAV, her lawsuit would not be the first the game has faced legal action since its record-setting launch in September. Rapper Daz Dillinger accused Rockstar in October of using two of his songs in the game without permission, demanding that Rockstar give him more money for the songs or destroy all remaining unsold copies of GTAV."

cd-aaf-ea-ace-games-2104131461.jpg

I see absolutely no resemblance.

Edited by Goro
  • Like 2

Imma look for an attention whore meme...

In the meantime... Pretty sure they can use parody without copyright. Also - appart from anything emse, i have never known what she does ? Well except be mentioned as the person no one should thrive to be (paris hilton without the brains - geez thats hard to do)

Using something without the author's permission always leads to drama. Not trying to take sides here but if Lohan plays her cards right she might be able to get some money from R*.

Anyway, it's just a game and since i'm not the one in it why should i care about a celebrity trying to sue a game company? Let them start a war if needed, at the end of the day i'll be sitting on my counch playing and nothing would change.

• Like 1

In Lohan's defense, this isn't the first time she's pulled this shit.  I recall her suing E-Trade a few years ago over the "Lindsey the Milkaholic" commercial and actually getting some money out of the bargain.

Still.... I suppose when you're a publicity whore with no legitimate talent, this is what you're reduced to when people stop giving you money for other meaningless crap and there's no way to scam the system for your goodies.

• Like 1

In Lohan's defense, this isn't the first time she's pulled this shit.  I recall her suing E-Trade a few years ago over the "Lindsey the Milkaholic" commercial and actually getting some money out of the bargain. Still.... I suppose when you're a publicity whore with no legitimate talent, this is what you're reduced to when people stop giving you money for other meaningless crap and there's no way to scam the system for your goodies.

That was in her defense? xD!

• Like 3

1452105_10152012144725091_1455860751_n.jSHe 

She is sueing R* about this picture, not than one with the cop. I have to admit that it does look familiar. But I still don´t think it´s something to be suing over and Lohan is just being a bitch

Edited by UMPiCK24
  • Like 1