hyperclass faceoff, the most ignorant race ever

melodicmizery

this is prob one of the most annoying races i ever played in a racing game ever. its one on one and the ai has the jump on you from start. the ai NEVER crashes. and if you crash once you 6 seconds behind, each additional crash adds roughly another 6 seconds. by the time you finish the race your at least a minute behind the ai. to make things worse this course is filled with turns you cant possibly turn, and littered with traffic you cant miss. also the slower you go the more likely you are to hit traffic for some reason. besides short bursts of turbo that never help you get any closer, you can only get turbos by wrecking the ai

the only strategy i found to somewhat halfway work was this. pick the match and car and wait for it to load. wait and do nothing for about 5 or 10 minutes before you hit x to continue. for some reason this builds up one or 2 cars in the air as some sort of glitch. im not sure if this works all the time but i noticced it happened once where one car fell then the next day i left the room to make some food came back and 2 cars fell. what this does is make the ai crash at start. you now have a little bit of a jump on him. now the hard part, to keep making him crash so you keep getting turbo. without turbo your dead in the water. no matter what this asshole catches up to you and never crashes. so you have to continuously crash into him while avoiding hitting traffic. if you crash and fall behind you may as well just restart and not waste your time. whoever made this race needs to be kicked in the nuts. this is by no way a fool proof strategy or a good one, but its the only way i could win 1 lap before crashing head on into traffic and losing.

also note the falling traffic doesnt happen all the time. im not sure what actually triggers it

Edited by melodicmizery

That race is the worst in the game by far, so I'm glad it's not just me who found it difficult.  It took me many attempts to beat it, and it is controller-breakingly frustrating at times. 

The main problem is the buggy/glitchy nature of the game rather than the difficulty of the driving itself. I often encountered traffic driving on the wrong side of the road, traffic falling from the sky (!) and crashes blocking the road. The worst one in this race was when I was about to win it and as I came out of one of the last bends there was a truck sideways across the track blocking both lanes, so I crashed and lost the race. Just maddening.

I got a lucky break on one go and for whatever reason I had a lead of 135 seconds. I guess the AI car got stuck or something. No problem then, I've won this one. On the second lap, however, the lead started closing despite me going all-out. This seems to happen on the second lap - the AI gets a huge speed boost. As I neared the end of the second lap the gap was closing by the second, and it blasted past my car at least double my speed and beat me on the line.  

I eventually figured out it is sometimes better not to boost in this game as when you do so the AI boosts as well. At the start catch up with the car and do a takedown on it, then just drive without boosting unless it is safe to do so. If it catches you, then do another takedown and hope you can make it to the end without glitches or crashing.

The Formula DD Heatwave is another buggy race which I struggled with. Again, just drive normally and do not boost unless it is safe to do so.  I crashed once in this race and ended up 6s behind, but despite boosting flat-out it somehow increased to 42s. It is clearly broken, as when I dropped to last place after a crash I often saw other ranked drivers passing me which is impossible.

Thankfully you do not need to get a gold on all events for the platinum, and the Hypercar Face Off was the hardest event for me to complete. Good luck completing it.

On 6/19/2021 at 6:01 AM, The_Slugkiller said:

That race is the worst in the game by far, so I'm glad it's not just me who found it difficult.  It took me many attempts to beat it, and it is controller-breakingly frustrating at times. 

The main problem is the buggy/glitchy nature of the game rather than the difficulty of the driving itself. I often encountered traffic driving on the wrong side of the road, traffic falling from the sky (!) and crashes blocking the road. The worst one in this race was when I was about to win it and as I came out of one of the last bends there was a truck sideways across the track blocking both lanes, so I crashed and lost the race. Just maddening.

I got a lucky break on one go and for whatever reason I had a lead of 135 seconds. I guess the AI car got stuck or something. No problem then, I've won this one. On the second lap, however, the lead started closing despite me going all-out. This seems to happen on the second lap - the AI gets a huge speed boost. As I neared the end of the second lap the gap was closing by the second, and it blasted past my car at least double my speed and beat me on the line.  

I eventually figured out it is sometimes better not to boost in this game as when you do so the AI boosts as well. At the start catch up with the car and do a takedown on it, then just drive without boosting unless it is safe to do so. If it catches you, then do another takedown and hope you can make it to the end without glitches or crashing.

The Formula DD Heatwave is another buggy race which I struggled with. Again, just drive normally and do not boost unless it is safe to do so.  I crashed once in this race and ended up 6s behind, but despite boosting flat-out it somehow increased to 42s. It is clearly broken, as when I dropped to last place after a crash I often saw other ranked drivers passing me which is impossible.

Thankfully you do not need to get a gold on all events for the platinum, and the Hypercar Face Off was the hardest event for me to complete. Good luck completing it.

thanks for the tips. i have noticed the same as well. the ai gets boosts when they should have none at all. if i crash them and i get a boost from it, somehow they are 1 second behind me

to make things BEYONF frusterating. i finally had a match where i drove as bst as i could and anytime i crashed i hit r1 to make my car crash into theirs. i was always a second in front of them or 3 seconds. i was getting close to finish and it said "rival crashed" i said awesome, i got this one in the bag finally! well, all of a sudden it says rival is 35 seconds ahead!!!!! wtf! he never passed me. he crashed and teleported that far in front of me. i couldnt believe it. they crash and they are right on your tail. 

i even saved the video of it as proof. 

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

The teleporting AI doesn't surprise me as I've seen some weird stuff in this game.  I wish I had a capture card as nobody would believe some of the things that happen in it.  The fact that the AI can catch up and beat me from 135 seconds behind says it all really.

I love all of the Burnout games, and was enjoying Dangerous Driving until the Hypercar Face Off. I understand that it was created by a small team, but that is no excuse for shipping a buggy mess.  Did nobody test it before shipping?  The developers have basically abandoned it now to work on the sequel, so it's unlikely to be patched any time.

After the awful bugs/glitches and rubberbanding in the game I will not be getting the sequel which is a shame as the game is fun when it plays fair and the Pursuit & Road Rage modes are very enjoyable.  The overall experience though is tainted by the bugs and unfairness of some of the modes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Slugkiller said:

The teleporting AI doesn't surprise me as I've seen some weird stuff in this game.  I wish I had a capture card as nobody would believe some of the things that happen in it.  The fact that the AI can catch up and beat me from 135 seconds behind says it all really.

I love all of the Burnout games, and was enjoying Dangerous Driving until the Hypercar Face Off. I understand that it was created by a small team, but that is no excuse for shipping a buggy mess.  Did nobody test it before shipping?  The developers have basically abandoned it now to work on the sequel, so it's unlikely to be patched any time.

After the awful bugs/glitches and rubberbanding in the game I will not be getting the sequel which is a shame as the game is fun when it plays fair and the Pursuit & Road Rage modes are very enjoyable.  The overall experience though is tainted by the bugs and unfairness of some of the modes.

yah dude i totally agree. this is a title that goes from decent to "i hate this game" fast.

i just finally beat this track the exact same thing happened to me. i took your advice and barely even touched the turbo i think i tapped it 3 times. the ai crashed in the beginning so i got the lead and just didnt hit turbo. all of a sudden it said he was 135 seconds behind. it kept refreshing and he was 10 seconds closer each time. so i said to myself if i can just make it without crashing i think i can outbeat him. i crashed 3 times and he closed into 20 seconds behind me and i barely made it over the finish. this is the second time i picked the slowest car on a event i couldnt beat and won. i dont know how this plat is even 12%, must be some persistent trophy hunters lol

also a storm shut my electricity off 3 times haha. so im glad it stayed on

Edited by melodicmizery

Well done, that's the hardest part of the game over with. The Formula DD Heatwave is a pain as you cannot takedown the AI cars, but they can crash you with ease.  Use the same technique of only boosting when safe to do so, and it's not too bad. The Heatwave mode does not have rubberbanding, so if you stay ahead and do not crash you can build up a good time lead that will allow you to crash and still win. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Slugkiller said:

Well done, that's the hardest part of the game over with. The Formula DD Heatwave is a pain as you cannot takedown the AI cars, but they can crash you with ease.  Use the same technique of only boosting when safe to do so, and it's not too bad. The Heatwave mode does not have rubberbanding, so if you stay ahead and do not crash you can build up a good time lead that will allow you to crash and still win. 

hey one other question not sure if you know, to gold all the shakedowns, do you have to also do shakedown previews as well for that trophy?

Yes, you need to do the previews as well. Once you've got used to the speed of Hypercar and Formula DD racing though, the earlier ones are quite slow and easy in comparison. I went back to an earlier one I struggled with and completed it at the first attempt after playing the Formula DD ones.

14 hours ago, The_Slugkiller said:

Yes, you need to do the previews as well. Once you've got used to the speed of Hypercar and Formula DD racing though, the earlier ones are quite slow and easy in comparison. I went back to an earlier one I struggled with and completed it at the first attempt after playing the Formula DD ones.

suprisingly i knocked out gold on almost all formula dd ones in a row this morning. 2 i got bronze on i got to go back and do. man you really saved me on not using turbo on certain races, and then using it on other races. that was prob the best tip in this game. i sort of felt like it was happening but a confirmation helped

• Like 1