Hamtunscire World Event – “Saint Faith”

Xucien

Hey friends ?

I’ve been roaming around England collecting the last few things I need before finishing up the story there and heading to the final areas. One of the last two things I needed was the WE in Hamtunscire, “Saint Faith”, however nothing was happening when I approached. I couldn’t interact with anyone. The NPC just kept saying the same dialogue over and over. 

Did the usual reload a few saves back, but still nothing. Loaded a save from really early in the story, headed over but still nothing. I then tried changing gender, travelling to Vinland / Norway, leaving the animus, closing the game entirely but nothing worked. Even tried throwing bodies to knock them over, catching them in enemy AoEs and attacking everyone (they’re immune).

I was able to find a collection of 100s of posts on the Ubi forums, where people are describing the same issue. Apparently it was meant to have been fixed in the latest patch, but loads of people are still encountering it.

I’m around 150 hours in atm. The thought of just waiting for Ubi to fix this makes me anxious. The thought of restarting from scratch even more so. I’m curious if anyone else encountered this issue and if so, were you able to solve it and if so, how? Can anyone think of anything else I could try that might push the event into action?

Thanks!

Edited by Xucien
  • Like 3

I have the same issue, it will be the only thing I need that will prevent me from obtaining the platinum. There is absolutely no way I am starting this game again though, it is way too long and tedious. 

Guess we will just have to hope that the issue is fixed.

• Like 1

Same issue, priest has no dialog prompt. I posted in the main thread about this world event on the Ubisoft forums just to add to the masses. Apparently the investigation into this issue has been reopened and an actual fix is being looked into... with no ETA however. I have tried all forms of "troubleshooting" I can think of and it's just broken.

Zero chances I'll restart at this point, will just wait on the fix whenever it happens.

• Like 2

Same issue here.  No way I'm restarting, just going to wait for a fix.

EDIT: Loaded up a save from like 70 hours earlier and rode straight there.  Same problem.  Sigh.

Edited by jh7459
Update
  • Like 1

Hello guys, 

I have also the same problem as you... 

On the French support forum of Ubisoft, the person in charge just told that the team in charge was aware of that issue and that we should wait for the next patch. So it should be fixed in the next two weeks since Ub releases patches every month, but I agree that sucks... 

• Like 1

Currently stuck on this same exact thing.. Literally all I have to do is complete this mystery and the platinum pops.. its so ridiculous I'm currently 102 hours in with every trophy completed but this bug is preventing a trophy. and I want this game off my ps5 its taking too much space.

• Like 1

I had been watching this topic on/off:
https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94995/unable-to-proceed-with-saint-faith-mystery-post-here?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest

However it was recently locked due to the amount of people posting in it, which I thought was kind of amusing. According to the last post made there are no plans to change or remove the event, or remove it from the 100% requirements. Hopefully this suggests that they do intend to fix it but idk.

It seems that since the patch that was meant to fix it, more people have been posting in that thread suggesting that it actually made the problem worse for more people who already had a game save in progress. I've read that restarting the game and heading right there once you reach England will allow you to complete it, so I'm thinking that the "fix" only applies to newly created save files, rather than existing ones. Like you guys are saying, I really don't want to spend another 80-100hrs just for that one event. ?

Edited by Xucien
Grammar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

This is a real shame. Im only on east anglia but im 100 percenting each region as soon as ive done the story arc so it mixes it up. 

But stuff like this gives me no motivation to cary on. Hopefully by time i get to this world event they will have fixed it

This event takes place at the end of the story so no worry about it. It should get patched before hopefully ! 

• Like 2

A quick update of Ubisoft yesterday : 

2 July, 2021: The development team have announced that they will be deploying a fix for "Saint Faith" in TU 1.3.0. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be deployed. Once we have more information to share regarding TU 1.3.0, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94995/unable-to-proceed-with-saint-faith-mystery-post-here/2?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest&isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

They're currently intending to include a fix in 1.3.0, which is still just expected "Summer 2021". No exact date yet.

The more recent patch you've mentioned was just a smaller 1.2.something patch, not sure what that addressed but it won't have been anything huge.

Edit: This looks like the most recent, larger patch: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99032/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-title-update-1-2-2?lang=en-GB

I think the one the other day was a smaller addition to this one. Maybe. I'm not sure, maybe it was just this one. ?

Edited by Xucien
Additions

5 minutes ago, Xucien said:

They're currently intending to include a fix in 1.3.0, which is still just expected "Summer 2021". No exact date yet.

The more recent patch you've mentioned was just a smaller 1.2.something patch, not sure what that addressed but it won't have been anything huge.

Edit: This looks like the most recent, larger patch: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99032/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-title-update-1-2-2?lang=en-GB

I think the one the other day was a smaller addition to this one. Maybe. I'm not sure, maybe it was just this one. 1f605.png

The small patch on June 29th didn't really seem to do anything other than delete everyone's Ostara festival items. ?

It did not fix the Saint Faith bug (or the missing supplies after starting the mastery challenges bug, which is what I have).  Just a waiting game at this point for the next big patch.

On 7/3/2021 at 2:20 PM, KingOfGold said:

A quick update of Ubisoft yesterday : 

2 July, 2021: The development team have announced that they will be deploying a fix for "Saint Faith" in TU 1.3.0. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be deployed. Once we have more information to share regarding TU 1.3.0, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94995/unable-to-proceed-with-saint-faith-mystery-post-here/2?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest&isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

Thank you for posting into this, was waiting for some form of update. Hopefully by the time I clean up the base game and the first DLC this patch will release and I'll be all set.

I can confirm that "Saint Faith" is doable now.  First thing I did after downloading the patch this morning was go beat up that nun.  The "supplies not dropping from chests" bug is fixed too if anyone had that issue as well.

• Like 2