Professional trophy might be bugged on PS5 via chapter select

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

During my first playthrough I did the good ending with full strength and forest child so I didn't get any kills with the crossbow in Taiga. My plan for the professional trophy was to use chapter select and start in Caspian to get all nine other weapon kills then end in Taiga with the crossbow but the trophy never popped. I slaughtered everybody in the Taiga level with crossbow and absolutely 100% had a kill with all other weapons prior in Caspian and still nothing. I think I will have to try again on a new playthrough with a fresh save which really sucks... Just an FYI out there for people.

Ended up speeding a new playthrough all the way to Taiga and got the trophy. Chapter select tracks the weapon kills based on what you had going into that chapter so based on which weapons you had gotten kills with it may not work if you try to get this trophy with chapter select. Hence... just be very mindful of this trophy during your playthrough and get kills with as many different weapons as you find.

• Like 1

I think I'm running into the same issue.  I had to re-do Volga after messing up the ending via chapter select, but have played normally from there all the way until the last chapter.  I expected the trophy to pop when I got a kill with the crossbow in Taiga, but it did not.  I'm going to see if I can run through all of the weapons in the last chapter, but it seems like using chapter select AT ALL throughout the course of your save file will nullfiy this trophy, which is pretty terrible.  It's weird because none of the other misc. trophies seem to have this issue.

I believe that will be the only one left for me to get, and if the ranger difficulty exploit still works, then it means I'll have to do basically an entire extra playthrough like you did just for one trophy.

1 hour ago, DeclioDukes said:

I think I'm running into the same issue.  I had to re-do Volga after messing up the ending via chapter select, but have played normally from there all the way until the last chapter.  I expected the trophy to pop when I got a kill with the crossbow in Taiga, but it did not.  I'm going to see if I can run through all of the weapons in the last chapter, but it seems like using chapter select AT ALL throughout the course of your save file will nullfiy this trophy, which is pretty terrible.  It's weird because none of the other misc. trophies seem to have this issue.

I believe that will be the only one left for me to get, and if the ranger difficulty exploit still works, then it means I'll have to do basically an entire extra playthrough like you did just for one trophy.

Yeah it was a pain but I definitely had to do another playthrough because no matter what I did the damn trophy wouldn't unlock. Good luck to you.

Update on this:

The problem seems to be specifically related to the Ashot gun (the shotgun pistol).  Apparently it does not count if you use the 4-barrel attachment.  I loaded up the final chapter and equipped the Ashot with no attachments and the trophy popped after one kill.

Sorry @OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ if this was all you needed to do, but good for future reference for other people.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2021 at 10:46 AM, DeclioDukes said:

Update on this:

The problem seems to be specifically related to the Ashot gun (the shotgun pistol).  Apparently it does not count if you use the 4-barrel attachment.  I loaded up the final chapter and equipped the Ashot with no attachments and the trophy popped after one kill.

Sorry @OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ if this was all you needed to do, but good for future reference for other people.

IIRC this was an issue that never got fixed in the PS4 version too.  Probably carried over from that.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:20 PM, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

During my first playthrough I did the good ending with full strength and forest child so I didn't get any kills with the crossbow in Taiga. My plan for the professional trophy was to use chapter select and start in Caspian to get all nine other weapon kills then end in Taiga with the crossbow but the trophy never popped. I slaughtered everybody in the Taiga level with crossbow and absolutely 100% had a kill with all other weapons prior in Caspian and still nothing. I think I will have to try again on a new playthrough with a fresh save which really sucks... Just an FYI out there for people.

FYI you can use the crossbow on the wolves and it won't negate the forest child trophy

On 24/06/2021 at 1:35 PM, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

On my speedrun for this trophy I actually shot a bird with the crossbow and the trophy popped lol

Do you think you used the 4 barrel attachment for the pistol the first time around and that's what caused it not to pop?! Or generally glitched

i only asked because I wrote the complete guide on playstationtrophies and want to make sure it’s updated correctly before I mention it’s glitched 

I have no idea if I used the 4 barrel attachment for the pistol or not. I wasn't paying attention to this trophy in my first playthrough (even though I should have been) as I was focused on collectibles and the good ending. My consensus on this trophy is that it needs to be done in a linear playthrough because loading up chapters in chapter select will have stats for which guns you've gotten kills with at that point in your playthrough. Jumping around from chapter to chapter doesn't appear to carry progress throughout when it comes to kills with particular weapons.

Edited by OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

7 hours ago, mikem192 said:

Do you think you used the 4 barrel attachment for the pistol the first time around and that's what caused it not to pop?! Or generally glitched

i only asked because I wrote the complete guide on playstationtrophies and want to make sure it’s updated correctly before I mention it’s glitched 

I know for sure I used the 4 barrel attachment initially in the Caspian chapter when I was going through every weapon (I made 100% sure I got a kill with every weapon except the crossbow all back to back near the starting train workbench so that I could pop the trophy with a beast kill with the crossbow when I got it). 

When the trophy didn't pop after the crossbow kill, I assumed it was glitched because I had previously used chapter select to re-do the Volga chapter.  However, that doesn't seem like it affected anything since like I said even if I was starting from 0, I ran through all of the weapons in Caspian. 

You could also run through all of the weapons including crossbow in the last chapter, but enemies are quite far from the train/beginning. 

I would at least make a note that if the trophy doesn't pop, try not using the 4-barrel attachment.  I am quite confident that was the issue for me.

Edited by DeclioDukes