Adventurer broken, even with "fix"?

SpaceCoresDad

Hey all. So it's pretty well known that Adventurer is pretty broken as of late, since the map service shut down a few months ago. However, there's supposed to be an easy fix in that you can just download a single map from someone else (potentially even your own alt account), play that, rate it 25 times, and it just works.

Only it doesn't just work, at least for me. I've tried using a downloaded map from another person's lobby, using my own map, and using a map transferred from an alternate account, and nothing seems to be working. Am I doing something wrong? All you have to do is load up the map in a player match, Cancel Match immediately after it loads, rate it, then submit, right? You don't have to make a new lobby or anything as far as I've been told. Several other people in my boosting group can't get it to work either, even after trying it multiplayer. Any suggestions? As of writing this, the last person to pop it was a week ago.

Not sure if it makes any difference but I created an uprising map with an alt and placed the points as close to each other as possible, following in-game rules, and placed the spawn points in the middle of all three points so the enemy captain would capture them right after the match started. Then I let my alt host a lobby once and actually finish the matches, i.e. not creating new lobbies and not cancelling the match. The trophy popped after the 25th vote.

• Like 1

I earned it recently (31 March) and was using previously downloaded maps on my ps3. I played through these easily over 25 times (loading matches in a queue and cancelling at the start) and no trophy. I then read a tip where it works using your own created map so I loaded the one I made back in Jan 2018 and sure enough, trophy popped after I loaded and cancelled the match.

Hope this helps. The trophy is glitchy as hell now 

On 20/06/2021 at 10:56 AM, woggly4 said:

Not sure if it makes any difference but I created an uprising map with an alt and placed the points as close to each other as possible, following in-game rules, and placed the spawn points in the middle of all three points so the enemy captain would capture them right after the match started. Then I let my alt host a lobby once and actually finish the matches, i.e. not creating new lobbies and not cancelling the match. The trophy popped after the 25th vote.

I did exactly what you wrote and no trophy. I tried other variations and still nothing. It's frustrating to be missing just one trophy.

20 hours ago, black__bunny said:

I earned it recently (31 March) and was using previously downloaded maps on my ps3. I played through these easily over 25 times (loading matches in a queue and cancelling at the start) and no trophy. I then read a tip where it works using your own created map so I loaded the one I made back in Jan 2018 and sure enough, trophy popped after I loaded and cancelled the match.

Hope this helps. The trophy is glitchy as hell now 

Do you still have this map on your PS3? I would like to try with your map as it is currently impossible to publish maps. It's the only way I can try to get this trophy.

It's strange that it somehow stopped working. Hopefully this is just a temporary issue and not related to the PC shutdown. Could be that they also shut down the ratings server.

Edited by woggly4

2 hours ago, woggly4 said:

Hopefully this is just a temporary issue and not related to the PC shutdown. Could be that they also shut down the ratings server.

I don't know if the PC shut down would change anything, since clearly it was working for a couple weeks afterwards. I'm afraid that the ratings server might be what's affected, and if so, that is a really dumb reason for this to now be unobtainable.

1 hour ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I don't know if the PC shut down would change anything, since clearly it was working for a couple weeks afterwards. I'm afraid that the ratings server might be what's affected, and if so, that is a really dumb reason for this to now be unobtainable.

Don't know how many days you've been trying this over, but could there be an issue with the servers intermittently saving when you play/rate a map? Don't know if it's worth trying it again on a different day? Or around the same times frame the others were earned? Just trying to come up with suggestions, no idea if it's actually a thing 

1 hour ago, black__bunny said:

Don't know how many days you've been trying this over, but could there be an issue with the servers intermittently saving when you play/rate a map? Don't know if it's worth trying it again on a different day? Or around the same times frame the others were earned? Just trying to come up with suggestions, no idea if it's actually a thing 

I and others have tried it a few different times, doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm willing to wait and see if something changes, but given that no one else has unlocked it in over ten days, I'm getting worried.

• Like 1