PS5 Gets Ultra-Expensive, Elite-Style Controller from HexGaming

ziggypossum

PS5 Gets Ultra-Expensive, Elite-Style Controller From HexGaming

Custom mapping and interchangeable thumbsticks are two of the key features of this new elite controller.

PlayStation 5 owners looking for a competitive edge have a new option, as controller manufacturer HexGaming has announced the Hex Rival, a brand-new "ultimate esports controller." This marks the first elite-style controller we've seen that's designed specifically for PS5, though it comes at a hefty price: $290 USD

The Hex Rival features two back buttons that can be mapped to 15 different commands, both face buttons and directional inputs, and interchangeable thumbsticks with different height and grip designs.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-gets-ultra-expensive-elite-style-controller-from-hexgaming/1100-6492993/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

PS5 Gets Ultra-Expensive, Elite-Style Controller From HexGaming

Custom mapping and interchangeable thumbsticks are two of the key features of this new elite controller.

PlayStation 5 owners looking for a competitive edge have a new option, as controller manufacturer HexGaming has announced the Hex Rival, a brand-new "ultimate esports controller." This marks the first elite-style controller we've seen that's designed specifically for PS5, though it comes at a hefty price: $290 USD

The Hex Rival features two back buttons that can be mapped to 15 different commands, both face buttons and directional inputs, and interchangeable thumbsticks with different height and grip designs.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-gets-ultra-expensive-elite-style-controller-from-hexgaming/1100-6492993/

Give me 5

I've never purchased one of such 'elite or improved versions' of legit PS controllers but know plenty of people who paid $200-300 for DS3's and DS4's.

What most had were software issues, and hardware failing in a few months. Some companies were even forthcoming with warranties, repairs or replacement but those took months with shipping and they always broke in the end.

Not to say OG Sony controllers are top notch quality in every regard but mine last years and so far I wasn't unlucky with stick drift. Matter of fact I never replaced my DS4 I got out of the box for my PS4 then PS4 Pro.

And the price is beyond ridiculous.

It's always interesting to see when these special controllers are available for purchase, but their price is steep. Certainly never something I would see myself personally buying, but I would say I get the logic of why people would want to buy them.

The "elite" features on these types of controllers aren't even elite anymore. It's all been done before. Custom mapping can be done on any controller via the console!

The shells look like cheap plastic, like you'd see them for $5 in a bin at GameStop. At least the shiny ones do, anyway. I've also never liked controllers that don't have the correct emblems on the face buttons. Make it look so off-brand. 

I actually have a custom controller already from Colorware. It's just a regular old DualSense that they take apart and paint. It was $140, I think? And I don't even have a PS5 yet, haha.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The PS5 already has an Ultra-Expensive, Elite-Style controller. 

It’s made by Sony, and you get one with the PS5.

Before its reveal I had hopes the DualSense would come with back buttons by default or that there would be a pro version of the controller with it. These days - without those for competitive play - it can't really be considered an elite controller.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior