Super Monkey Master Gameplay Guide

Super Monkey Master Gameplay Guide  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make a gameplay guide for the "Super Monkey Master" trophy? (Advanced Course & Master Course)

Don't see why not. I literally just finished up my Advanced no-continues run like an hour ago, so a lot of it is still fresh in my mind. (e.g I always went for the warps in 1-7 and 5-1 to make both levels easier)

If I don't get Master finished up soon, I could probably use a guide to help since there's not a whole lot out there for this game except for this gameplay video I found randomly which uses a lot of obscure tactics to complete some levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Don't see why not. I literally just finished up my Advanced no-continues run like an hour ago, so a lot of it is still fresh in my mind. (e.g I always went for the warps in 1-7 and 5-1 to make both levels easier)

If I don't get Master finished up soon, I could probably use a guide to help since there's not a whole lot out there for this game except for this gameplay video I found randomly which uses a lot of obscure tactics to complete some levels.

Thanks for your input. I watched that same video too. It's kinda helpful but not the best. If you need help with the master course, just message me. You shouldn't wait for a whole guide to be created as you would be waiting a while lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flubberwunked said:

Thanks for your input. I watched that same video too. It's kinda helpful but not the best. If you need help with the master course, just message me. You shouldn't wait for a whole guide to be created as you would be waiting a while lol.

Well you certainly weren't wrong about that to be fair haha

8Y00AS0.jpg

atJeXKz.jpg

Fair play, doing Master mode No-continues was wayyyyy more satisfying and fun to do than Advanced mode. Only level that really caused me any issues was M-9, after I got that down consistently it all kind of fell into place.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Well you certainly weren't wrong about that to be fair haha

8Y00AS0.jpg

atJeXKz.jpg

Fair play, doing Master mode No-continues was wayyyyy more satisfying and fun to do than Advanced mode. Only level that really caused me any issues was M-9, after I got that down consistently it all kind of fell into place.

Oh god M-9 was the worst. I also thought that the end part of M-10 was really unfair personally. It ruined so many of my no continue runs. Great job getting that trophy! Good luck with the Motion Simian trophy now lol. I've been getting positive reception so far with the poll so I might be reinstalling this game soon to actually make the guide.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Please do! I just finished Banana Blitz HD and really want to start this game soon.

By the way, for the “Super Monkey Master” trophy, do you have to beat the whole game in one go, or just the separate worlds?

You just need the beat the worlds separately without using a continue. It would be a nightmare if you had to do the Advanced and Master Course back to back. I've made some progress on the guide if you're curious. I've done the trophy description and added all the level screenshots.

I've actually been a bit busy right now playing Super Monkey Ball Deluxe on my Xbox and it's really made Banana Splitz look like a cakewalk. I'm just preparing myself for October 2nd for when Banana Mania releases.

Unfortunately arcanehornet it looks like you'll be in the same situation as me when I started Banana Splitz. The difficulty spike is massive here after coming from Blitz HD. This game is definitely a 8 or 9/10 in difficulty, but don't give up. If my guide somehow isn't up whenever you start this game, just send me a message and I'll help you out with any level by giving you a short guide and tips. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flubberwunked said:

You just need the beat the worlds separately without using a continue. It would be a nightmare if you had to do the Advanced and Master Course back to back. I've made some progress on the guide if you're curious. I've done the trophy description and added all the level screenshots.

I've actually been a bit busy right now playing Super Monkey Ball Deluxe on my Xbox and it's really made Banana Splitz look like a cakewalk. I'm just preparing myself for October 2nd for when Banana Mania releases.

Unfortunately arcanehornet it looks like you'll be in the same situation as me when I started Banana Splitz. The difficulty spike is massive here after coming from Blitz HD. This game is definitely a 8 or 9/10 in difficulty, but don't give up. If my guide somehow isn't up whenever you start this game, just send me a message and I'll help you out with any level by giving you a short guide and tips. 

Thanks so much for the offer, man. That’s a relief then, the trophy description is very misleading. 

Yeah lol even looking at the rarity difference between the two is staggering. Plus I think this game doesn’t have jumping either, which I used as a crutch through most of Blitz HD. It is very very intriguing though. Can’t wait to play some more Monkey Ball soon.

There’s not much info on the game online, either. Just the Ps3Trophies guide and some random videos, that’s pretty much it. 
I’ll definitely message you if I get stuck on something (I will lol). The platinum seems possible with practice honestly.

• Like 1

I got the Advanced mode done with no continues but have struggled with finishing Master with no continues.  I've come back to it several times but keep getting frustrated with M9 and M10 and end up taking very long breaks from the game.  I'm going to try and finish it this month though!

• 1 month later...

I just picked this game back up again. I needed something hard to cleanse the pallet of the like 5 Sometimes You games I’ve completed recently. I made it to world 3 of Advanced after a day of playing again, and I’m sure once I beat all of Advanced I’ll be able to clean up the no continues run. I already knocked them out for Beginner and Normal as practice. When I get too frustrated I switch it up and go for all the bananas in levels on Practice. Makes the Advanced runs easier when you can get like 5 lives in the first world without dying. I’m guessing another week or two and I’ll have this down. I’d be happy to see a guide if it happens before I complete the game. Or for anyone who is thinking of tackling this beast.

• 5 months later...

I have gotten to the last advanced level without continuing, but I can't even beat the level without running out of continues. Only beat it a handful of times on practice. Have no idea how I'm going to do all bananas on it or the motion control trophy (admittedly i haven't even tried motion controls yet so maybe it's not as hard as it sounds)

Edit: so I managed to get all bananas on the mothership level, and have done about half the levels with tilt controls, not too bad so far, but I am dreading getting to the final 2 worlds with tilt controls. Do you have any advice for tilt controls?

Edited by THE-73est

• 1 month later...