All Plus Titles Missing for PS3 and Vita

wafflestomper810

Tried to find a similar thread, but was unable to.  I don't know if anybody else has had this issue or not, but my plus account recently lapsed for a day and I renewed it, but now all my plus titles for my PS3 and my Vita are completely gone.  I don't know if I lost all the licenses and am unable to renew them or if it is just a glitch.  Any advice or somebody with a similar problem?

31 minutes ago, wafflestomper810 said:

Tried to find a similar thread, but was unable to.  I don't know if anybody else has had this issue or not, but my plus account recently lapsed for a day and I renewed it, but now all my plus titles for my PS3 and my Vita are completely gone.  I don't know if I lost all the licenses and am unable to renew them or if it is just a glitch.  Any advice or somebody with a similar problem?

• Like 1

My list whenever I renewed would just show the date that my PlayStation Plus subscription begins its one year deal. If you were to search these games you knew you got thru Plus and you find you can't download them even with a current subscription, I can see this being a big issue.

Unless I'm missing something, you should be able to find the games thru the search bar and download them, if not then I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1

This is definitely a thing right now. I just put PS+ on my one alt account (agorazHD) from about 4 years ago (did not have PS+ on it since 2019 - should have had games like Bound by Flame and Serious Sam 3: BFE on the updated list) and when re-newed: no PS3 or Vita freebie titles show up.

Furthermore, logging into the Store to see if I can download the past freebie games shows I now have to purchase them outright at their regular current cost.

PS4 is not affected by this as I still have all the freebie games there, including Friday the 13th, Batman: The Telltale Series, and even Mad Max (server closed and all).

So it looks like if you have current PS+ accounts active with free PS3 and Vita games on it, DON'T LET IT EXPIRE! You will lose the games on your list.

• Like 2

Wow. That seems like a dick move if true. I mean what if you can't afford PS+ for a month and have to wait until the next or so to get the money together, and then all your PS3 and Vita stuff is gone forever.

Sony and Nintendo both seem to delete all your backed up save data if you let the subscription expire but for games you bought, that seems wow, shitty to say the least.

• Like 2

This could be a tricky thing, something that Sony might use in their response. Back in March, when it was announced that the stores were going to close for good in July (and later reversed), they had sent out an E-mail with some info. In regards to content owned, it said:

'You will still be able to re-download and play game titles you have claimed through PlayStation®Plus as long as you remain a member of the service.'

Sony uses Auto-Renewal for it's subscription model where it will automatically take payment off your funding card or wallet when the time comes as to 'not lapse' the service, not even for a day (like what happened with OP). This can be turned off.

Granted, Sony didn't announce that they would remove PS3 and Vita content if the subscription lapsed going forward, but then there's the bold part above: as long as you remain a member of the service. Which I wasn't on 2 of my 4 accounts, before I did the test. They will likely look at this as 'my fault' for making it expire in the first place.

Edited by agorazUHD

I'm having some anxiety reading this thread here guys. 

Factors outside of my control forced me to miss reminders about renewing. If this does prevent me from accessing ps3 and vita games I 'eanred' with the subscription, I am going to be very upset. 

Here is my list. It is not an insignificant amount that I wouldn't care, but some of this stuff is impossible to find for a decent price and wouldn't be worth purchasing on its own.

Spoiler

Anna Extended Edition
Crysis 3
Dead Space 3
Dead Space 3 Online Pass
Ducktales Remastered
Duke Nukem 3d: Megaton Edition (has a Vita version)
Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Escape Plan VITA
Evolve
Final Horizon VITA
Frozen Synapse Prime
God Of War Ascension
God Of War Ascension Online Pass  (? what si this?
Gods Eater Burst PSP VITA
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin HD
Hitman Absolution
Hitman Absolution Adam Jensen Disguise
Hitman Absolution Deus Ex Zenith Handgun
Hitman Blood Money HD
Hitman Contracts HD
Hohokum
Hungry Horder  VITA
I Am Alive  (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
ICO
Infamous 2
Joe Danger VITA
Kick & Fennick VITA
Killzone Mercenary VITA
La Mulana VITA
Lone Survivor
Lone Survivor  The Director's Cut VITA
LuftRAUSERS VITA
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2 CerberusPack
Monster Bag VITA
Murasaki Baby VITA
NFL Blitz
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee HD (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Outland (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Pinball Arcade VITA (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD VITA
Playstation All Stars Battle Royal
Portal 2
Puppeteer
Renegade Ops (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Saints Row the Third
Shadow of the Colossus
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus VITA
Spelunky  VITA
Stealth Inc 2 A Game of Clones
Steamworld Dig
Steredenn
Surge Deluxe VITA
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth  VITA
The Bureau XCom Declassified
The Bureau XCom Declassified Codebreakers
The Bureau XCom Declassified Hangar 6 R & D
The Bureau XCom Declassified Light Plasma Pistol
The Swapper VITA
Thief
Thief - The Bank Heist
Tokyo Jungle
Tower of Guns
TxK VITA
Type:Rider VITA
Uncharted Golden Abyss VITA
Velocity 2X VITA
Warhammer 40000 Space Marine
Warhammer 40000 Space Marine Elite Pass
Woah Dave!
Yakuza 4
Zen Pinball 2 Star Wars PinBall Pack (Requires UNLOCK PASS)

Edited by ZZ383

Some good news for my one surviving alt account. When you check the info (press Triangle, Information), it states the date of which the game expires. For me it was to be July 1st (10 days).

I fired up the game 'Mutant Mudds Deluxe' expecting for it to update it maybe through play. Checked the info after exiting, nothing changed. I was concerned, so I did a test.

I deleted the above game (it's only 34 MB on PS3) and downloaded it from my Download List (all PS+ games are still in there). Once installed, I check the new info: August 1st (41 days). So the PS+ renewal EXTENDED the game's life as predicted. So I literally bought myself a month to keep playing some of these older games...

32 minutes ago, ZZ383 said:

I'm having some anxiety reading this thread here guys. 

Factors outside of my control forced me to miss reminders about renewing. If this does prevent me from accessing ps3 and vita games I 'eanred' with the subscription, I am going to be very upset. 

Here is my list. It is not an insignificant amount that I wouldn't care, but some of this stuff is impossible to find for a decent price and wouldn't be worth purchasing on its own.

Reveal hidden contents

Anna Extended Edition
Crysis 3
Dead Space 3
Dead Space 3 Online Pass
Ducktales Remastered
Duke Nukem 3d: Megaton Edition (has a Vita version)
Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Escape Plan VITA
Evolve
Final Horizon VITA
Frozen Synapse Prime
God Of War Ascension
God Of War Ascension Online Pass  (? what si this?
Gods Eater Burst PSP VITA
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin HD
Hitman Absolution
Hitman Absolution Adam Jensen Disguise
Hitman Absolution Deus Ex Zenith Handgun
Hitman Blood Money HD
Hitman Contracts HD
Hohokum
Hungry Horder  VITA
I Am Alive  (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
ICO
Infamous 2
Joe Danger VITA
Kick & Fennick VITA
Killzone Mercenary VITA
La Mulana VITA
Lone Survivor
Lone Survivor  The Director's Cut VITA
LuftRAUSERS VITA
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2 CerberusPack
Monster Bag VITA
Murasaki Baby VITA
NFL Blitz
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee HD (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Outland (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Pinball Arcade VITA (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD VITA
Playstation All Stars Battle Royal
Portal 2
Puppeteer
Renegade Ops (Requires UNLOCK PASS)
Saints Row the Third
Shadow of the Colossus
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus VITA
Spelunky  VITA
Stealth Inc 2 A Game of Clones
Steamworld Dig
Steredenn
Surge Deluxe VITA
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth  VITA
The Bureau XCom Declassified
The Bureau XCom Declassified Codebreakers
The Bureau XCom Declassified Hangar 6 R & D
The Bureau XCom Declassified Light Plasma Pistol
The Swapper VITA
Thief
Thief - The Bank Heist
Tokyo Jungle
Tower of Guns
TxK VITA
Type:Rider VITA
Uncharted Golden Abyss VITA
Velocity 2X VITA
Warhammer 40000 Space Marine
Warhammer 40000 Space Marine Elite Pass
Woah Dave!
Yakuza 4
Zen Pinball 2 Star Wars PinBall Pack (Requires UNLOCK PASS)

Sorry my friend, if you currently do not have PS+ on your account (main or alt), there's a possibility the games will have disappeared. We obviously don't know if this is a thing with Sony or a complete bug with the system. The only proper workaround at the moment is to not let PS+ lapse. Maybe with the supposed 'store closing', this was a plan of Sony's to completely wipe PS3/Vita off the map with the freebies licenses (if users ever stopped using PS+ on PS4/PS5). Note: All content bought and paid for on the accounts are not affected. It's all there, this is just the free games being missing.

Edited by agorazUHD
typo

A few months ago, my PS Plus ran out and I didn't renew it until 6 weeks later. I've not had my PS3 turned on in about two years. I just turned it on today and, as expected, after the FW update every single PS Plus game appeared in my download list with today's date, as it had checked the server and simply renewed the licence for every game.

I'm not sure if it's only a thing in your region? I'm in the UK, but letting PS Plus lapse then re-subscribing hasn't removed any games off my account, nor locked me out of games I already had downloaded (I just tried loading about 15 games that were from PS Plus).

As such, it's probably a bug on the back end, it has to ping the server and renew the games so maybe if it expires then you re-sub, it may take a while to communicate that with the console?

I've been doing these tests today, so I'm not sure. The last time I did any kind of renewal was back in April of this year and it worked (that was for the alt that was to expire July 1st). It could very well be a bug (I'm in NA region) but in the other threads, it does sound like other countries are affected too.

It's probably a more recent thing; if you did yours 6 weeks after it ran out back in... February let's say, that would be April renewed which is roughly the same time. It might have just used today's date for the PS3 system even though the sub started well before.

Knock on wood it's just a bug, but right now I'm prioritizing for the worst.

1 hour ago, agorazUHD said:

Knock on wood it's just a bug, but right now I'm prioritizing for the worst.

And what could we do to combat this other than contacting Sony?  I haven't seen any large 'news' sites post anything about this so I worry Sony even knows it is a major issue. 

Apparently, it's been happening over the last couple of weeks. A few people on this forum (I really should have posted this stuff in that one other topic) have already had issues with the PS+ subs. Also on some Reddit forums as well.

It may not be widespread yet because most people either keep their subscriptions constant with no interruptions or just don't have a PS3 or Vita to begin with. So a lapse wouldn't even concern them.

Here's my experience:

I never let my PS Plus actually expire and I did renew it a couple of days ago. Reading this thread I checked a couple of games and upon pressing triangle and choosing Information they showed that "Ramaining Time - Expired". I launched them all and they worked just fine. After launching them and viewing the same information tab it showed "Remaining Time - 360 Days". So it should be safe as long as PS+ does remain active, however stupid that is. 

• Like 1

So, in other words, the only solution is to keep renewing the Plus subscription weeks/months before the date when it's supposed to expire?

My subscription expires in late February but i always renew before Christmas.

Edited by Lance_87

This really just sounds like a bug that Sony will resolve, rather than some malicious plan someone at a Sony cooked up while cackling over a boiling cauldron of melting Vitas thinking about how they can get one over on their paying Plus subscribers. 

Hanlons razor applies here folks, no need to get all conspiracy theory over simple engineering ineptitude. 

• Like 4

Ever since they added the feature to allow you to buy the plus games you got I knew something like this in the future could happen. All there needs is a bug or glitch and every game you once got from plus will be gone because you are now on the never purchased list. Hopefully this gets enough attention and Sony acknowledges their fault or theyll just drive you in circles with the stupid chat support saying they cant do anything but contact developers.

40 minutes ago, PooPooblasterAOK said:

Ever since they added the feature to allow you to buy the plus games you got I knew something like this in the future could happen. All there needs is a bug or glitch and every game you once got from plus will be gone because you are now on the never purchased list. Hopefully this gets enough attention and Sony acknowledges their fault or theyll just drive you in circles with the stupid chat support saying they cant do anything but contact developers.

Yes, but that feature is only for PS4 (and PS5?) games.

I renewed my subscription and it appears I have my all PS+ games. Lengthy post about what I checked and did below. 

June 'about the 9th' - my PS+ expires. Today I check my PS3 and I have downloaded, installed, and played a bit of...  Puppeteer, from PS+ May 20 2014. On the PSVita I have downloaded, installed but not played... Spelunky, from PS+ October 7th 2014. The details of these games showed their license expired with PS+. Using the PSVita Download List I searched for my PS+ titles. What I believe to be at least 90% of them were missing. Using the PSVita, I did a search for Transaction History and found almost nothing before 2019. The same searches had same result on PS3, with only about 296 game licenses or dlc items appearing.

Today, June 21 2021 - Renewed PS+ subscription at 5:50pm. While processing the redemption of the code on my PS3, my console froze after confirming use of the code. The " bar loading screen" animation came up and then stopped. Controller was ineffective to do anything, tapped power button for it to go off, tapped it on, did the unexpected power off memory check and all has been good since. Using the PSVita Download List I saw that the 90% of missing PS+ licenses were back at the top with June 21 2021 date. The same is true on my PS3 console, with now 475 game or dlc licenses appearing. Downloaded a PSVita game from the PS+ list and it works fine. On PS3, Puppeteer started without issue.

The quirkiest bit is that while my PS3 was frozen, the PS App on my phone and my PSVita both showed my as having PS+ subscription. Perhaps that was a rare anomaly for my aging console, which is a slim model 320gb, CECH-30xxB. 

At this time, it appears that I am not affected by this issue. Even though my PS+ subscription lapsed in early June and the titles were missing presumably because their license expired with PS+. 

I highly encourage folks to contact Sony and Playstation's public facing outreaches to get this issue more publicity. The more publicity, the more pressure there is to fix it.  On twitter, there is @AskPlaystation, but tagging all of their twitter accounts is advisable.

Notes about me for data comparison:

Purchased PS+ 12month subscription from Amazon. Redeemed on PS3.

All consoles on latest official firmware.

PS+ titles now have date of renewal.

Has never changed PSN ID name. 

Has never been banned.

Any other questions I can answer for those afflicted I would be happy to.

Not sure if this helps at all, but just to provide more anecdotal evidence, I lost Duke Nukem 3D and Castlestorm (PS3, w/ all DLC) years ago from my Download List. Didn't bother trying to reach out to Sony since the former is delisted due to an expired license and me being SOL I always assumed would be out of Sony's hands, and the latter is inexpensive enough that I'd want to have it for keeps anyways so I just went ahead and bought it. Every other title I've received I've been able to keep, oddly enough, though I certainly went without a subscription for well on ~5 years between when I got those two titles and when I started my sub back up in early 2019.