Atlas Mech

Hi all, 

I’m having serious issue trying to hijack the mech at the Academy. I have no problem taking out the glass and then the driver but as soon as I do, my squad mates destroy the mech.

Any tips or possibly a better location to try it?

Thanks!

I think that one is mission specific since you have to destroy it to trigger the cutscene. There are other mechs throughout the game so that isn't your only option. Also helps to have other enemies around for your team to shoot at while you focus on the mech.

Edited by BlueDragonRR
  • Like 1

(This was on the PS3 version, don't know if it has been fixed for the remaster.)

There's a really easy spot where you can cheese it (even on insanity) in the Omega DLC. Near the end of the DLC you'll open a door with a woman running towards you and she'll get blown up while your character gets stunned. A mech will rise from the middle of the room. Tell Aria to stay put and run as fast as you can to the left side of the room. There is a ladder you can climb to the second floor. Climb it, take cover here and wait for the mech to walk up to the ladder. Once the mech arrives walk up to it and start shooting it. For whatever reason the mech sort of freezes and all it does is look up at you, giving you all the time in the world to shoot the glass and kill the driver. Since Aria is on the other side of the room dealing with the enemies and there's some scenery in the way you don't need to worry about Aria shooting the mech and killing it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Henshin said:

Thank you everyone for replying! I can definitely confirm you can’t get it at the Academy as BlueDragonRR mentions, you lead into a cutscene directly after.

I ended up getting it on Eden Prime!

Of course you can get it there, thats where I unlocked the trophy. Play on normal difficulty, kill all the small fries until the atlas spawns then order your team mates to stand in the corner on the other side of the room. Afterwards walk towards the atlas, now there is a pillar between the atlas and your team mates and you can do your job.

That said I did it in NG+, maybe that makes a difference.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 1

On PS3 and PS4, I got it during Priority Eden Prime. It's probably the earliest period you can get it. It might be possible in Grissom Academy once you get past the atrium portion but most people probably blow it up in the mech they steal before the final fight of this mission. 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2021 at 1:02 PM, ZankaiPowaa said:

I did it on insanity at the academy. There's an empty mech you can get into just before the last battle. I used that one to shoot the window of the mech that appears in that battle. Entered it, got the trophy :-)

I must have missed that one but good info for people still yet to start that area! 

• 9 months later...

This trophy is just so glitchy or something. I kept struggling with this trophy: followed the instructions, but I'd run into the prompt to "use" the mech and I'd press the button but it just wouldn't work. I must have tried it a dozen times. I've actually replayed the final battle at the Academy several times, as many people claimed the second Atlas there worked. Three times in a row it just didn't for me, I would get the prompt and it still wouldn't let me use the mech. The fourth time, when I was about to give up in frustration, under exactly tthe same conditions... worked. Beats me why. But I'll take it.

Now it's back to that other problematic trophy: Combined Arms. By the time I finish this game I'll have had to focus mostly on these annoying glitchy trophies instead of really enjoying the game. A shame.

Edited by Sifferino

On 4/5/2022 at 2:28 AM, Sifferino said:

Now it's back to that other problematic trophy: Combined Arms. By the time I finish this game I'll have had to focus mostly on these annoying glitchy trophies instead of really enjoying the game. A shame.

I think the situation is similar to other "skill" trophies, it has to involve Shepard. For combined arms I usually use Shepard to "ignite" the explosion and have unlocked the trophy quickly.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:42 PM, Maverick6146 said:

I think the situation is similar to other "skill" trophies, it has to involve Shepard. For combined arms I usually use Shepard to "ignite" the explosion and have unlocked the trophy quickly.

Yeah, I finally got it with cryo ammo + concussion shot, but it just wasn’t straight forward in my case. Some kills would register and count, some would not. But with all that out of the way, I am now about to start the final mission…