Testing Metal

Metal

So, decided to create my own trophy checklist in an attempt to keep track of my gaming and trophy hunting activities. 

I don't have a huge amount of trophies, I jumped into the world of PlayStation late into the PS4 generation. I've been gaming for many years but primarily played on xbox since the original, not really by choice, but back before I could afford my own systems - it was a get what you're given kinda thing lol. Then as you can imagine, I kinda stuck around as it was the platform most of my friends played on. Anyways, many of my friends started gaming less and less over the recent years as our interests started to drift toward other things, so it seemed a perfect opportunity to jump into the PlayStation eco system which suits my individual tastes much better. 

With the boring bits out of the way, let's talk games! I'm mostly into Souls games Souls like games, platformers, rhythm games and hard-core indie/arcade games. However, I'm open to play anything really. My criteria for super awesome games is as follows: gameplay and boss fights > story. I do really enjoy a good story though. But the former is much more important to me personally. I'm also a sucker for anything that makes me go for S Ranks lol. So deffo need to play more games like this going forward. I've kinda just played a bit of this and that so far on PlayStation to be honest. However, it's time to knuckle down and set some goals.

I recently got lucky and snagged a PlayStation 5. Man do I want to jump into Demons Souls so bad!! But I think I'll make it a milestone Platinum. My next milestone is a staggering 20 Platinums ?. So my first goal is to set that up.

Once I finish Demons Souls, I guess its road to 30, which I'd like to potentially be Bloodborne. I've been holding off on Bloodborne purely in the hopes it gets a PS5 update with a 60fps option.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with this kind of thing but after looking around at a few other threads in this section, I will attempt to atleast make this somewhat presentable, just incase anyone actually ends up reading it. Bare in mind that this is likeley going to be a work in progress as I figure out how to add things etc.

I think I'm also going to write mini reviews of games after I've beaten them. Just as a way to document my experiences with these games and the ups and downs of going for completion. Could be cool.

By the way I'd just like to add that there are some seriously impressive trophy lists around here! I've got some catching up to do!

I will put all the games I have finished right here:

Aaero

L2c0024.png

Late Shift

L83c4bb.png

Blackwood Crossing

L0f6c45.png

Modernwarfare Remastered

Lae1292.png

Shadow of The Colossus 

Leb6b0f.png

Little Nightmares 

L761f4e.png

The Order 1886

L51930e.png

Crash Team Racing

L1bc26a.png

Sekiro

L8974bb.png

Titanfall 2

L4e52ba.png

Modern Warfare 2019

L0cf211.png

Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout 

L394f76.png

Apex Legends 

Lb62ee0.png

Astro's Playroom 

Ldaaa68.png

Road to 20 Platinums here:

Little Nightmares 2

Led17cf.png

Thumper

L62d17a.png

Spyro The Dragon

L648c20.png

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

Le64bcd.png

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

L3c80ff.png

Spider-Man

L8c23e0.png

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

L0d6cb4.png

Demon's Souls

Le4464f.png

Edited by Metal
  • Like 2

If you want my opinion you have the makings of a 100% account since you started recently and you know what you like to play. Would you consider going back to the two MH games to finish them? I have a number of recommendations for you as well if you're interested

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Good luck with the list, fellow Souls enthusiast xD glad to see someone else appreciating these fine games!

Thanks man. Your trophy list is pretty sweet! It's good to see Souls games get so much love around here! 

1 minute ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

If you want my opinion you have the makings of a 100% account since you started recently and you know what you like to play. Would you consider going back to the two MH games to finish them? I have a number of recommendations for you as well if you're interested

I'm torn on this one to be honest. I started playing Monster Hunter with a couple irl friends last year. Ofcourse, they got bored and moved on before we even finished the Iceborne campaign. The RNG crown trophies put me off, massively. I was more up for it when playing with friends but obviously they're not trophy hunters so I'm not exactly surprised with how it's worked out lol.

I could potentially chip away at it between games going forward. ?

Undecided.

I'm all for recommendations buddy! Appreciate the reply

Nice list man -

Between Sekiro, Shadow of the Colossus and Little Nightmares, I can tell you are a gentleman of taste ?

I'm in the same boat - just managed to snag my PS5 last week, and itching to check out Demon's Souls too - but between the existing backlog, the new PS5 stuff, all the PS5-upgraded stuff, and all the PS+ games I've been adding to my profile for when I finally did manage to secure one, it's overwhelming figuring out what to move on to first! 

Looks ike a fun road to your first milestone, so good luck ?

My only advice is - don't hold off on a game just to make it a milestone - you never know how quickly games slip into the "I meant to get to it, but never managed" bin ?

EDIT - How can you have made this checklist, with your username, and not called it "Testing Metal"?!?! ??

Or, in fact, surely with your username, the most appropriate title should be:  "The Charpy Test" - that's the testing you do in engineering to test the Hardness of Metal ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Metal said:

I'm torn on this one to be honest. I started playing Monster Hunter with a couple irl friends last year. Ofcourse, they got bored and moved on before we even finished the Iceborne campaign. The RNG crown trophies put me off, massively. I was more up for it when playing with friends but obviously they're not trophy hunters so I'm not exactly surprised with how it's worked out lol.

Don't know how new you are to the site, since you said you were new to playstation, but one of the cool things here, is that you can set up gaming sessions for different games.  It may lead to new friends and you guys could work on finishing up MH together. ?

1 hour ago, Metal said:

By the way I'd just like to add that there are some seriously impressive trophy lists around here! I've got some catching up to do!

I am also blown away by what people are able to accomplish on here. That being said you have an impressive start.  I imagine that given time you are going to be one of those really impressive lists as well :) 

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

EDIT - How can you have made this checklist, with your username, and not called it "Testing Metal"?!?! 1f631.png1f602.png

Agree! But maybe OP is adverse to the low hanging fruit. 

~TC

Understood on the 100% business, don't sweat that too much since your account looks like it'll naturally be high completion anyway. As for recommendations, if you like arcade style games then I can suggest you look into pretty much any and all Housemarque games. I've been consistent doing them myself and can tell you that Nex Machina was the hardest but the best of the twin-stick style game they ever made. Other ones like Resogun (which I did on my old account), Dead Nation, and Alienation (which is a twin-stick but it's easier and more of a loot game [and for that matter it was incredibly fun]) will also prove to be excellent experiences for you. 

As for ranking games, look no further than Platinum. Games like Bayonetta and my personal favorite which is Vanquish will test you for sure. You can also always look up genres like Arcade to put together a shortlist for yourself and use psdeals.net to check for games on sale

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

How can you have made this checklist, with your username, and not called it "Testing Metal"?!?! 1f631.png1f602.png

Or, in fact, surely with your username, the most appropriate title should be:  "The Charpy Test" - that's the testing you do in engineering to test the Hardness of Metal 1f602.png

An oversight on my part hahaha. Easily fixed though! Testing Metal I like alot. Thanks dude.

Nice list man -

Between Sekiro, Shadow of the Colossus and Little Nightmares, I can tell you are a gentleman of taste 1f609.png

As are you my friend. Three of my favourite games, ever. 

I'm in the same boat - just managed to snag my PS5 last week, and itching to check out Demon's Souls too - but between the existing backlog, the new PS5 stuff, all the PS5-upgraded stuff, and all the PS+ games I've been adding to my profile for when I finally did manage to secure one, it's overwhelming figuring out what to move on to first! 

Looks ike a fun road to your first milestone, so good luck 1f44d.png

My only advice is - don't hold off on a game just to make it a milestone - you never know how quickly games slip into the "I meant to get to it, but never managed" bin 1f602.png

Indeed, all of a sudden I have a massive list of games to play! Luckily I don't think I've picked anything too challenging or too time consuming to stand between me and Demon's Souls. Aiming to rip through that little list! 

1 hour ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Understood on the 100% business, don't sweat that too much since your account looks like it'll naturally be high completion anyway. As for recommendations, if you like arcade style games then I can suggest you look into pretty much any and all Housemarque games. I've been consistent doing them myself and can tell you that Nex Machina was the hardest but the best of the twin-stick style game they ever made. Other ones like Resogun (which I did on my old account), Dead Nation, and Alienation (which is a twin-stick but it's easier and more of a loot game [and for that matter it was incredibly fun]) will also prove to be excellent experiences for you. 

As for ranking games, look no further than Platinum. Games like Bayonetta and my personal favorite which is Vanquish will test you for sure. You can also always look up genres like Arcade to put together a shortlist for yourself and use psdeals.net to check for games on sale

Appreciate the recommendations. House Marque are deffo up my street. I have Nex Machina on my wishlist and plan to get that at some point. Their other games look dope too. Did they recently put out Returnal as well? Also looks like my kinda jam.

I don't think I've ever played a platinum game before. I will check them out. I've heard of Vanquish though and that scares the shit out of me hahaha. Although I'd still play it. I don't mind getting my ass whooped by a game. Although I think it's just one or two specific challenges that crank the difficulty up no? 

1 hour ago, Together_Comic said:

Don't know how new you are to the site, since you said you were new to playstation, but one of the cool things here, is that you can set up gaming sessions for different games.  It may lead to new friends and you guys could work on finishing up MH together. 1f600.png

I am also blown away by what people are able to accomplish on here. That being said you have an impressive start.  I imagine that given time you are going to be one of those really impressive lists as well :) 

Agree! But maybe OP is adverse to the low hanging fruit. 

~TC

Thanks man, I shall keep that in mind and maybe give MH another shake. I mean, it does have epic boss battles which I love. Just not sure if I love them enough to repeat the same ones 1,762 times to get the crowns ?

Yeah there are some insanely skilled and dedicated gamers on this site! It's pretty cool to be honest.

Also, about the low hanging fruit.. ima change the thread title rn. Lol

Edited by Metal
  • Like 2

The difficulty in Vanquish comes down to Tactical Challenges 4 & 6, but TC6 is the one people know as the real barrier to get over. I think what difficulty really comes down to a lot of the time is how well designed the game is. Vanquish is such a good game that its difficulty is 100% justified because you yourself are the only stopgap to getting the plat. From experience this also generates the truest sense of accomplishment when trophy hunting and I would suggest playing the game to anyone so they can see what a really good game plays like

Here's my old account btw if you want a sense of where I was coming from before I decided to start over: Oro_Castoro

It's now just a burner, but I still want to redo things from that account on this one

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

12 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

The difficulty in Vanquish comes down to Tactical Challenges 4 & 6, but TC6 is the one people know as the real barrier to get over. I think what difficulty really comes down to a lot of the time is how well designed the game is. Vanquish is such a good game that its difficulty is 100% justified because you yourself are the only stopgap to getting the plat. From experience this also generates the truest sense of accomplishment when trophy hunting and I would suggest playing the game to anyone so they can see what a really good game plays like

Here's my old account btw if you want a sense of where I was coming from before I decided to start over: Oro_Castoro

It's now just a burner, but I still want to redo things from that account on this one

Okay that right there has peaked my interest in Vanquish much more. I'm all for brutal but fair. As in, its on you to get good enough to conquer. Then it's just down to practice and perseverance. Like I've mentioned, If the gameplay is fire and the game is well designed, then count me in!

Curious as to why you started over? I very nearly did the same thing a few months ago because of completion and ocd. At the time I had Fall Guys, Apex and MH all incomplete and started all of those games to play with friends who tend to game hop (totally my own fault). Either way you have some nice Completions on both accounts. Obviously as someone with a touch of completion rate ocd, your new account is awesome! Hats off to ya fam

I started over because I couldn't stand my account anymore. I have a friend who made a new account and he was much happier with the hobby. I wanted to start shaping a better version of an account that I realized could not ever be done with Oro. I knew I wasn't going back to do every one of those games back from 2009 and I made the hard choice to leave it behind and begin again participating in a fresh way, and one I knew would fulfill me far more. Completion rate matters a lot to me, as does direction and rarity. I feel really strongly about this all and I want my account to represent exactly those feelings

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I started over because I couldn't stand my account anymore. I have a friend who made a new account and he was much happier with the hobby. I wanted to start shaping a better version of an account that I realized could not ever be done with Oro. I knew I wasn't going back to do every one of those games back from 2009 and I made the hard choice to leave it behind and begin again participating in a fresh way, and one I knew would fulfill me far more. Completion rate matters a lot to me, as does direction and rarity. I feel really strongly about this all and I want my account to represent exactly those feelings

That's fair enough. You made the right decision if you enjoy your hobby more.

I too value completion and direction. I want my profile to reflect my interests. The games and genres of games that I enjoy the most. I aim to shape it with those things being the focus. 

35 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

Is quality of plats more important to you than amount, Eddie?

That depends on your definition of quality bud. 

For me, quality is measured by one thing and one thing only: my own personal enjoyment of a game. So by that metric, yes, quality is the most important to me.

As for numbers, well, the only numbers that motivate me are the ones next to the game icon in my trophy list. I like them mostly (if not always) to show 100%.

• Like 1

Just now, Metal said:

That depends on your definition of quality bud. 

For me, quality is measured by one thing and one thing only: my own personal enjoyment of a game. So by that metric, yes, quality is the most important to me.

As for numbers, well, the only numbers that motivate me are the ones next to the game icon in my trophy list. I like them mostly (if not always) to show 100%.

have plan having 666 (number of the beast) number of plats?