The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

I've completed Sam's Story twice with the good ending and these trophies have not unlocked for me. The Last Hero is a trophy for just completing the level so it should unlock regardless of the ending you get. If you watch my YouTube video you can see I got the good ending with no trophy pop. If you look at the other video at 22:10 you can see the trophy unlocks for them with the good ending.

No Unlock (my video):

Unlock (at 22:10): 

Edited by OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

Same thing happened to me on the PS4 version, so I guess the native PS5 edition has basically inherited all of the unfixed issues the PS4 edition has. Sam's Story was an excellent DLC in my opinion, it could have been a game in it's own right, but it was let down by some pretty serious potential trophy issues.

• Like 1

Just now, Crispy_Oglop said:

Same thing happened to me on the PS4 version, so I guess the native PS5 edition has basically inherited all of the unfixed issues the PS4 edition has. Sam's Story was an excellent DLC in my opinion, it could have been a game in it's own right, but it was let down by some pretty serious potential trophy issues.

Did you ever get them to unlock somehow? These are the last 2 trophies I need for 100%.

I think I ended up doing a second playthrough in the end saving before each trust step required, just in case i messed them up, then again before the moral choice at the end. I'm not sure if there is any specific cause for the trophy to not pop, it's just unpredictable and glitchy :(.

15 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I think I ended up doing a second playthrough in the end saving before each trust step required, just in case i messed them up, then again before the moral choice at the end. I'm not sure if there is any specific cause for the trophy to not pop, it's just unpredictable and glitchy :(.

In both playthroughs I had to reload a checkpoint at least once. I'm thinking about trying to do a no death no checkpoint reload run on Reader difficulty from start to finish to see if that would work. Pretty ridiculous that I'm having to try something that may not work anyways. Maybe I should just move on until a patch comes out (if ever)...

3 minutes ago, DeclioDukes said:

Definitely discouraging me from tackling the DLC.  Just finished the plat and I don't know if I have it in me right now.  This game was very stressful from a trophy perspective.

Had no issues with trophies for The Two Colonels but yeah these last two trophies won't unlock no matter what I do right now. I'm thinking a no death no reload checkpoint run is my best bet at trying for them at this point. If that doesn't work, I've contacted 4A games and Metro Exodus support so hopefully I'll to hear back from them on it.

Well no death no reload checkpoint didn't work... so I have a new theory. Since I got the Untouchable trophy I'm thinking that trophy messes up these other two trophies and since me playing on reader difficulty has me beating the batwing with ease I haven't been dying to it. I am going to do a playthrough with dying to the batwing at least once while doing the good ending... will keep posted if interested.

EDIT: My theory was wrong. These trophies are just glitched as shit. I'm moving on after 4 playthroughs until we get a response from 4A Games or someone figures out what we have to do to unlock these trophies. Sad that I couldn't 100% this game after being able to with PS4 version.

Edited by OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

37 minutes ago, KamenRide_DcD said:

I have the same issue here,hope deep sliver will fix it soon.I play it once and delete all the save,then play a second playthrough still not poping.

I'm sorry you're having the same issue but I'm also relieved that I'm not the only one. I submitted a request to Metro Exodus support and hope to hear back. Also messaged them on Twitter and Facebook.

Edited by OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ
  • Like 1

man, this game seems to have a lot of glitched trophies.

"the whole picture" from two colonels is glitched for me. collected all diary entries, didn't pop. deleted my save and collected them all again, didn't pop.

what a shame.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fesloe said:

man, this game seems to have a lot of glitched trophies.

"the whole picture" from two colonels is glitched for me. collected all diary entries, didn't pop. deleted my save and collected them all again, didn't pop.

what a shame.

Didn't have any issues with trophies from the Two Colonels DLC but that sucks that those trophies won't unlock for you. It's a shame that the game is still buggy 2+ years past release and have given a next gen release.

i just got these two trophies that are glitched for you, fortunately they weren't glitched for me.

i got in contact with someone at koch media support and told them about my glitched trophy, "the whole story" in the two colonels, and after some back and forth he said he would forward my complaint to, i assume, the dev team.

i mentioned the two trophies that are glitched for you and also linked this forum in my complaint.

i hope they see it and these trophies get addressed.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fesloe said:

i just got these two trophies that are glitched for you, fortunately they weren't glitched for me.

i got in contact with someone at koch media support and told them about my glitched trophy, "the whole story" in the two colonels, and after some back and forth he said he would forward my complaint to, i assume, the dev team.

i mentioned the two trophies that are glitched for you and also linked this forum in my complaint.

i hope they see it and these trophies get addressed.

Thank you so much! I guess I can try another couple playthroughs, if my trophies don't unlock I will wait for a patch.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:27 PM, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

New theory of mine is that they copy and pasted code from the Untouchable trophy unlock so finishing on normal difficulty or harder would be required for these two trophies. Will try tonight and keep updated.

Can confirm I beat the dlc on normal, got the untouchable trophy, but not the other two. I had a quick save right before the end. I tried it again and they still didn't unlock. 

• Like 1

I also have problem with those 2 trophies. Got everything else in a single playthrough, but both mentioned here did not unlock. I will try to delete player profile and on a new one, speed through the DLC.

Update:

Didn't help. Launch the game after deleting all saved data, completed the DLC and trophies didn't trigger :(

I am now wondering if maybe PS5 version is bugged

Edited by njoy1987
Update
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Can confirm I beat the dlc on normal, got the untouchable trophy, but not the other two. I had a quick save right before the end. I tried it again and they still didn't unlock. 

3 hours ago, njoy1987 said:

I also have problem with those 2 trophies. Got everything else in a single playthrough, but both mentioned here did not unlock. I will try to delete player profile and on a new one, speed through the DLC.

Update:

Didn't help. Launch the game after deleting all saved data, completed the DLC and trophies didn't trigger :(

I am now wondering if maybe PS5 version is bugged

Hey guys if you could could submit a ticket to DeepSilver support like I did then hopefully we can escalate this issue to the devs to make them aware and hopefully get a patch to fix these trophies. Here's a link: https://support.deepsilver.com/ 

Edited by OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

I've got every trophy in the game except for Untouchable. Got killed by the batwing on my first playthrough, on my second playthrough I wasn't killed and it did not pop. Maybe deleting save data will solve the problem? I did back out to main menu and upload my data in case I got killed I wonder if that also had anything to do with it... Going to delete my save data and do a third run through of the DLC later.

1 minute ago, DharmaDan- said:

I've got every trophy in the game except for Untouchable. Got killed by the batwing on my first playthrough, on my second playthrough I wasn't killed and it did not pop. Maybe deleting save data will solve the problem? I did back out to main menu and upload my data in case I got killed I wonder if that also had anything to do with it... Going to delete my save data and do a third run through of the DLC later.

Every attempt I've tried for these two trophies I delete game save data prior. Maybe there's a cache on the console we're not aware of.

4 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

Every attempt I've tried for these two trophies I delete game save data prior. Maybe there's a cache on the console we're not aware of.

You can reset the PS5 cache if you go into Safe Mode. I will do a third and final playthrough tonight after deleting save data and resetting the PS5 cache and see what happens.

Edited by DharmaDan-
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DharmaDan- said:

You can reset the PS5 cache if you go into Safe Mode. I will do a third and final playthrough tonight after deleting save data and resetting the PS5 cache and see what happens.

Didn't know that! Good idea. I may try that as well. Kind of need to take a brake from Crash CTR right now lol.

1 minute ago, njoy1987 said:

I've tried deleting the game and downloading it again, using previous save - did not work.

Also tried deleting cache and then downloading previous save - did not work.

Ticket to Deepsilver sent.

In that case I will just wait for a patch or if someone figures out how to get them to unlock. Thanks!