The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

9 minutes ago, BRWTapio said:

@xItsLesterx What exactly is a factory reset from safe mode? 

Do you think, i'd have a chance to get ironman on ps5? Having the same issues like you had. 

You can reset your PS5 by going to your Settings and then System. Safe mode is, as the name states, the safe mode you access from powering down the system. From what I know, everyone has been able to achieve whatever trophy they have had glitched on them so you shouldn't have a problem unlocking the trophy, as long as you meet the criteria on the playthrough after the reset. 

Like the others gamers I've finish the Sam Story and the 2 bugged trophies don't popped.

I didn't have any issues in the PS4 version, only in PS5.

Ticket to Deep Silver but the answer it is the same like the others...

"The developers have checked and confirmed that all achievements work correctly and can be achieved by fulfilling the correct requirements. This is not a technical issue to be fixed.
Please also keep in mind that some achievements very difficult to achieve. If an achievement is not activated, most likely the requirements are not correct or not completely fulfilled."

These devs don't understand that for the Last Hero it's enough finish the story...

Edited by LuisSarta

6 hours ago, LuisSarta said:

Like the others gamers I've finish the Sam Story and the 2 bugged trophies don't popped.

I didn't have any issues in the PS4 version, only in PS5.

Ticket to Deep Silver but the answer it is the same like the others...

"The developers have checked and confirmed that all achievements work correctly and can be achieved by fulfilling the correct requirements. This is not a technical issue to be fixed.
Please also keep in mind that some achievements very difficult to achieve. If an achievement is not activated, most likely the requirements are not correct or not completely fulfilled."

These devs don't understand that for the Last Hero it's enough finish the story...

It's not that they don't understand...they just don't care. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 9:00 AM, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

If your friend hasn't played the PS5 version of the game before I'd assume the trophies should pop but I'd still follow all the other methods to ensure that they do (disconnect internet, play on fresh save, etc).

That’s the plan. Just need to find the time to go and actually do it.

I had this issue happen to me, where "Untouchable" unlocked, but not "The Last Hero" or "A Man of Principle" on the PS5 version. Today I went over a friend's house and installed Metro Exodus and Sam's Story to his PS5, downloaded my save file outside the ending decision, went offline, and all trophies popped after making the choice. Definitely easier than a factory reset. Hope that this helps someone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah just to expound on what others have said and some warnings/tips for dealing with the digital version and weird license stuff for the Untouchable trophy specifically but the tips should be helpful for the other trophies too.

I had everything else done on the trophy list but died on the second batwing encounter of my second playthrough. I had uploaded to the cloud just before, so I deleted local and restored cloud and continued with no further deaths on batwings but the trophy didn't pop. Luckily I have a friend with a PS5 who has never played this, so here was the dumb process for getting set up with a digital copy, if you do this and only this exactly it will work

1. Upload your save data with final autosave to the cloud

2. Disable "console sharing and offline play" under the Users and Accounts setting on your main PS5 that didn't get the trophy (aka disable it as primary console)

3. Copy your downloaded version of the game and DLC to an external HDD for faster process

4. Sign in to friends PS5 with my account (not as a guest, not sure if it matters) with PS5 online. Once signed in, this PS5 should automatically become your primary so just check it by seeing if you can disable in the settings. (Keep it as primary)

5. Go to Saved Data in the settings, download Metro Exodus save file

6. Go to your Library and wait for the external HDD to show Metro Exodus. Copy it and DLC when it shows up. Let the copy fully complete and install.

7. Go to Users and Accounts in settings and under Other choose to Restore Licenses. This may take a few min but definitely do it.

8. Once the licenses are restored, disconnect the PS5 from the internet in the settings. Do everything else in offline mode.

9. Launch the game, load last autosave and beat the game again. You'll probably just have to cross those boats.

10. The Untouchable trophy should now pop, including some others you may already have. Once the trophies you need have popped, you can close the game.

11. Reconnect to the internet, wait a minute, and then start the game again. Once this is done, the trophy list for the game should sync and you will show the ones you got as part of your total collection.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ecthelion91 said:

It would be nice if you guys still keep sending feedbacks even though you know the answer. It will put pressure on them no matter what they say in the answer.

Just give up on the thought of 4A Games to patch these trophies. They've said multiple times they seem to be unlocking fine... even though of course they aren't for us. The exploit workaround is the only way that works if they are bugged for you.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:21 AM, NTGSruler said:

@big-_-_-_-boss69 Good that it work, but what a tedious way around to finally secure those trophies. Not your fault, but the devs should really fix this issue.

I still have to start this game (backlog anyone?) but this issue doesn't help me to start playing this game.

It seems like alot, but really it only took about 45 minutes including copy time from the external HDD, and since it was only really a pain due to the digital licenses but still using my save file and not having to replay the entire DLC I think it's worth it. Obviously it should never need to be done like this but whatever it worked

Also, just so everyone knows, the reason 4A thinks the trophy works fine is because they are looking at trophy stats and seeing people are earning it LOL

On 10/30/2021 at 2:21 AM, NTGSruler said:

@big-_-_-_-boss69 Good that it work, but what a tedious way around to finally secure those trophies. Not your fault, but the devs should really fix this issue.

I still have to start this game (backlog anyone?) but this issue doesn't help me to start playing this game.

I was hesitant about starting the game, after reading about all these issues. I finally gave in, started playing the game offline from the start, starting with Sam's DLC. So far, no problem getting the trophies (Untouchable, The Last Hero, and A Man of Principle). I'll probably play the rest of the game offline, just to be sure, but things are looking good. Hell, I even screwed up Untouchable and I still managed to get it with a nifty trick that I found in Trueachievements:

A short notice, got my achievement with this method which is also on the comments
You can die against the bat's
Start the game on normal doing all other achievements but before you go inside the lighthouse at the end do a quick safe.
Then play through the end sequence.
After that, go to chapter select on the main menu und start sam's story Form the beginning.
Wait until you have control of your character and don't do a quick safe here, just wait until the game safes automatically.
Pause the game and load the safe game which you created before you enter the lighthouse on your first run.
Play the end sequence again und the achievement should pop right at the ending scene.
It just did for me with this method

I hope it works for you guys
Cheers:)

Link

Best of luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, NTGSruler said:

@Iker_01Thanks for the heads up! Sorry for the late reply, did you manage to get all trophies now offline? So first you did the DLC and then you started a new save file for the main game? Or how did you do it?

Yup, I started with both DLC and then the main game. I must warn you, though, that two trophies ended up being glitched: Iron Mode and Mutation.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:45 AM, NTGSruler said:

Yeah i noticed on your profile that you didn't have those 2 trophies yet. Thought you were still busy doing new game+. How did they glitch? And what's the solution?

I have no idea why they glitched, but the method posted below worked just fine.

On 9/30/2021 at 0:08 PM, snibe said:

Makes me wonder if this would work 

1. Backup the PS5
  2. Factory Reset the PS5
  3. Install/Download the game
  4. Copy back the save file from the cloud
  5. Play the game from save not connected to network
  6. get trophies and then restore from backup

• Like 1

On 2021-10-29 at 11:51 PM, big-_-_-_-boss69 said:

1. Upload your save data with final autosave to the cloud

2. Disable "console sharing and offline play" under the Users and Accounts setting on your main PS5 that didn't get the trophy (aka disable it as primary console)

3. Copy your downloaded version of the game and DLC to an external HDD for faster process

4. Sign in to friends PS5 with my account (not as a guest, not sure if it matters) with PS5 online. Once signed in, this PS5 should automatically become your primary so just check it by seeing if you can disable in the settings. (Keep it as primary)

5. Go to Saved Data in the settings, download Metro Exodus save file

6. Go to your Library and wait for the external HDD to show Metro Exodus. Copy it and DLC when it shows up. Let the copy fully complete and install.

7. Go to Users and Accounts in settings and under Other choose to Restore Licenses. This may take a few min but definitely do it.

8. Once the licenses are restored, disconnect the PS5 from the internet in the settings. Do everything else in offline mode.

9. Launch the game, load last autosave and beat the game again. You'll probably just have to cross those boats.

10. The Untouchable trophy should now pop, including some others you may already have. Once the trophies you need have popped, you can close the game.

11. Reconnect to the internet, wait a minute, and then start the game again. Once this is done, the trophy list for the game should sync and you will show the ones you got as part of your total collection.

Thanks for this, I was finally able to get Untouchable to unlock after having it bug out on my original playthrough back in July. ??

I am so done with this game now, ugh. 

On 13/11/2021 at 3:35 PM, s-cyrax said:

My way:

I deleted my personal profile, before that I transferred all the save to the cloud.
Next, I re-entered it into the console, quickly loaded the save back and turned off the Internet.
0 out of 69 trophies in the main menu.
I loaded the save before the final scene and got the trophy at the end.

Interesting. I wonder if its possible to create a new profile, earn the missing trophies then delete the original profile before signing in & syncing to your account.

Saves having to do a full factory reset.?

Managed to get all the Two Colonel & Sam's Story trophies to pop, however the NG+ Iron Mode & Mutater didn't pop.

I played offline for the DLC & NG+ run & used the glitch for untouchable. I'm wondering if fucking around with the checkpoints or getting untouchable to unlock are whats causing the problems.

I'd advise doing a NG+ run for the collectables/clean up or Ranger Hardcore run to check that the Mutator trophy pops before wasting time on an Iron mode run.

On 11/13/2021 at 4:35 PM, s-cyrax said:

My way:

I deleted my personal profile, before that I transferred all the save to the cloud.
Next, I re-entered it into the console, quickly loaded the save back and turned off the Internet.
0 out of 69 trophies in the main menu.
I loaded the save before the final scene and got the trophy at the end.

I can confirm this works.

65Sb86de0.png The Last Hero
Complete the SAM'S STORY chapter.
66Sdd0297.png A Man of Principle
Complete the SAM'S STORY chapter earning the Captain's full trust.

Didn't pop at first. Had to reset the PlayStation 5. Downloaded the save file from the cloud. Had to replay the last fight on the ships again. Trophies popped at the end without any problems. Only missing untouchable now due to a mistake of mine in the last encounter. Hope it won't be bugged again like the other two.

• Like 2

After a few tries, I wanted to add what worked for me. I used a friend's PS5 to do this, rather than the reset method because I didn't want my media files to no longer link to my trophies. I had already uploaded my save to the cloud before attempting this.

1. Login (one time login) and install the base game and Sam's Story DLC.
  2. While waiting for the game to install, go to "Saved Data and Game/App Settings" > "Sync Saved Data" and disable save auto sync. This kept happening before I could stop it and auto synced my trophies too for some reason.
  3. As soon as the game has installed, restore your licenses on the console.
  4. Download your save file from the cloud.
  5. Disconnect from the internet.
  6. Start game and load up your Sam's Story save file. Make sure the trophies say 0/69 when you go back to the home screen, if it doesn't, your trophies auto synced (this was my issue repeatedly) and you must log out and log back in again and go back to Step 3.
  7. Beat the game and confirm the trophies pop.
  8. Sync your trophies with PlayStation Network.

I finally got these trophies today after a few hours of messing around with it. What a headache. Good luck everyone!

Edited by TriplEEE13
  • Like 1