The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

5 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Are you using disc or digital for the PS5 version?  And I mean the actual PS5 disc version and not the upgrade from the PS4 disc.

digital upgrade from the digital ps4 gold edition.

adding two new glitched trophies to the pile, 'iron mode' and 'mutation' won't unlock for me.

every single glitched trophy in this game relates to the additional content. as far as i have seen, none of the base trophies are glitched.

this has to be an issue regarding how the game tracks dlc trophies as there are so many and there is no consistency on which ones are glitched, it seems completely random, the only thing consistent about these glitched trophies is they all seem to be for the dlc and additional content. there doesn't seem to be any real trigger for a particular trophy to glitch apart from sometimes they don't unlock.

Edited by fesloe
clarification
  • Like 1

"Hello,

thank you for contacting Deep Silver customer support.  

My name is David and I am here to assist you.

If an achievement is not activated, this can have various causes:

- It is possible that the prerequisites are not correctly fulfilled

- It is possible that the internet connection was inactive or interrupted at the time the requirements were met (an account and an internet connection is required to unlock an achievement and link it to your account).

- Errors within the game and the corresponding achievement  (however, there are no known issues regarding the mentioned achievements).

- Problems on the server (under certain circumstances this may lead to an achievement only being activated after repeated attempts/attainment of the requirements).

In any case a subsequent correction or release of an achievement is unfortunately not possible. The only thing left to do is to try again or to load a new or older score (depending on the game)".

Deep Silver's answer. Is their solution for me to keep trying until the trophies unlock by a miracle? What a joke! 

They say there are no known bugs about the mentioned achievements. It seems like it just happened to me. Therefore, it is important for everyone who has this problem to contact support reporting what happened. Now I just have to wait for the response from 4A Games.

9 hours ago, fesloe said:

adding two new glitched trophies to the pile, 'iron mode' and 'mutation' won't unlock for me.

I just unlocked these a couple of days ago on PS5 with no issues. Are you sure you were playing NG+ with Iron Mode active? It should show this info in the Load menu when you highlight that save slot. Maybe try restarting the PS5 and the game, then reload the final chapter save and see if they unlock?

2 hours ago, FreddieGellar said:

Deep Silver's answer. Is their solution for me to keep trying until the trophies unlock by a miracle? What a joke! 

That’s just their standard canned response so you can’t expect much unfortunately. If enough people complain they’ll probably look into it, but you won’t know if they fix it unless they release a patch. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Swotam said:

I just unlocked these a couple of days ago on PS5 with no issues. Are you sure you were playing NG+ with Iron Mode active? It should show this info in the Load menu when you highlight that save slot. Maybe try restarting the PS5 and the game, then reload the final chapter save and see if they unlock?

The same thing happened to me. I was definitely playing in Iron Mode. The information appeared on the loading screen and I even died during the Volga and had to start over. I reloaded the last chapter several times and restarted the game nothing to unlock the trophies. Tried to restore console licenses too. After doing this the Iron Mode information disappeared from the loading screen, but it is still saved as Iron Mode, because when loading the penultimate chapter it is still not possible to save. It's bug after bug!

55 minutes ago, real_Diabolique said:

It turns out that we need to complete the full DLC with a fresh save over and over again, hoping that the trophies will pop up at the end... Nice...

After 4 runs I decided to just wait for a patch or if someone finds an exploit to make them work

• Like 1

I looked into it a little bit and it seems like if you get the Untouchable trophy first, it locks you out of Last Hero. That's what happened to me and I checked a few peoples lists and couldn't find anyone who had gotten Last Hero after Untouchable and the only people who had Last Hero either did not have untouchable or got Untouchable after they got Last Hero. I said this in my message to Deep Silver support so maybe someone doing half their job for them will help?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shiggidy_DoZa said:

I looked into it a little bit and it seems like if you get the Untouchable trophy first, it locks you out of Last Hero. That's what happened to me and I checked a few peoples lists and couldn't find anyone who had gotten Last Hero after Untouchable and the only people who had Last Hero either did not have untouchable or got Untouchable after they got Last Hero. I said this in my message to Deep Silver support so maybe someone doing half their job for them will help?

We try to optimize our time by doing everything at once and get screwed. ?

But there was a report here of a user who took all three at once.

12 minutes ago, Shiggidy_DoZa said:

That's what I suspected too. I think it's true. Something in their code is probably messed up with their if else conditions for trophy unlocks.

4 minutes ago, FreddieGellar said:

But there was a report here of a user who took all three at once.

das me! i got all three at once.

i don't think there is a trigger to the glitched trophies. i think it's just an issue with the dlc trophies in general because i have a few glitched trophies relating to 'the two colonels' and also new game plus. my trophies for sam's story unlocked just fine.

this isn't some isolated issue regarding 'untouchable' or 'the last hero', it seems more likely that there is an issue with how additional content trophies are tracked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fesloe said:

das me! i got all three at once.

i don't think there is a trigger to the glitched trophies. i think it's just an issue with the dlc trophies in general because i have a few glitched trophies relating to 'the two colonels' and also new game plus. my trophies for sam's story unlocked just fine.

this isn't some isolated issue regarding 'untouchable' or 'the last hero', it seems more likely that there is an issue with how additional content trophies are tracked.

Hahaha! So it's probably some sort of algorithm that says "Oh this guy had no glitches with Sam's Story... Better get him on The Two Colonels!". Because I had no glitches on The Two Colonels but did have a glitch on Sam's Story. I HATE glitched trophies. That feeling when a trophy was supposed to pop but didn't is heartbreaking!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Shiggidy_DoZa said:

Hahaha! So it's probably some sort of algorithm that says "Oh this guy had no glitches with Sam's Story... Better get him on The Two Colonels!". Because I had no glitches on The Two Colonels but did have a glitch on Sam's Story. I HATE glitched trophies. That feeling when a trophy was supposed to pop but didn't is heartbreaking!

Frustrating! And they still say they checked it out and there's no problem with the trophies. I even uploaded a screenshot of the PS App trophy list, showing that I unlocked the Untouchable trophy and didn't receive The Last Hero. Don't they realize that this would be impossible to happen? ?

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 10:14 PM, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

Not relevant to this discussion... but I have the PS4 physical version of the game and downloaded the free digital PS5 version this way.

No, it's relevant to me.  I have the PS4 physical edition with the free PS5 digital upgrade.  If I get there before they patch it I can update my experiences and if there is anything helpful I can add.  I also ordered the PS5 disc copy (got it for basically $10 after a bunch of discounts that were expiring before anything I was interested in would come out).  So I can test that too if I run into issues.  Not 100% sure how quick I can get to it, but I'll definitely post if it's before any possible patches releasing.

Has anyone tried deleting just their profile save and then loading your progress save.  Maybe it has something to do with the profile save and not the save file in general.  Also not sure if it has a profile save on PS5, not home to verify myself.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, vinirgomes2000 said:

The error doesn't happen to everyone, but I think I understand how it works.  if you get the iron mode trophy first, the sam story trophy might bug.  But if you play sam story first, the iron mode trophy might bug. 

But how we can beat it...

1 minute ago, real_Diabolique said:

But how we can beat it...

I think maybe upload and delete your save, then just play the dlcs with no save from the main game? 

I'm almost done with iron mode so I'll be doing that. Hopefully it works.

3 minutes ago, x7eight said:

I think maybe upload and delete your save, then just play the dlcs with no save from the main game? 

I completed this DLC with fresh save twice (after completing normally) but trophies didn't pop up :(

34 minutes ago, vinirgomes2000 said:

The error doesn't happen to everyone, but I think I understand how it works.  if you get the iron mode trophy first, the sam story trophy might bug.  But if you play sam story first, the iron mode trophy might bug. 

I played Sam's story first and even then Sam's trophies weren't unlocked. Both of Sam's trophies and Iron and Mutation Mode when I gave up trying to unlock Sam's and went to NG+.

11 minutes ago, x7eight said:

I tried to do this the day before yesterday. I deleted the saved console and just installed Sam's DLC. I even went after The Last Her without worrying about A Man of Principle to see what was going on and nothing came of it.

• Like 1

Had no issues with Two Colonels, and on my first (Reader) playthrough of Sam’s Story I got The Last Hero and A Man of Principle as expected. However, on my second playthrough of Sam’s Story on Normal where I didn’t die to the Batwing (or anything else) the Untouchable trophy didn’t unlock so it looks like that’s glitched as well. As others have said, maybe it’s something to do with those three trophies interfering with each other. If you get the first two then Untouchable won’t unlock, and if you get Untouchable then the other two won’t unlock. Or something like that.

Either way I’m done with the game. Not going to bang my head against the wall for a bronze, I’ll just wait and see if they patch the game at some point.

• Like 1

The Last Hero and A Man of Principle didn't unlock for me so i did a full PS5 reset and tried to use my endgame save, still neither unlocked. So now i did another full reset and will try to do another run without using the old save.