The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

HOLY SHIT IT WORKS.

@affmees YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIUS. THANKS BRO.

• So factory reset from safe mode (Option 6).
  • Re-install game with DLC with glitched trophies.
  • DO NOT LAUNCH THE GAME WHEN THE FIRST PART IS INSTALLED AND TELLS YOU THAT YOU CAN PLAY THE GAME.
  • Turn off connection to play offline.
  • If done correctly, once you launch the game and go back to the Main screen, you will see trophies are 0/69 and then work on whatever trophy you are missing.
Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Reinstall the game is mandatory? To download 70gb I need many hours 

You will need to because once you do a factory reset, all installed games, data and save files are erased. I know it's a pain. You already have the platinum trophy. You can always move on OR you can wait and see if devs release a patch in the future. Don't mean to sound like an ass but It's up to you man. No one is forcing you.

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 1

Or you could wait until i finished my DLC playtrough:

-Game Reinstalled with just Sams Story

- Deleted Save Files 

-No Internet Connection

Guess its worth a try, otherwise the only way may be indeed resetting the Console.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doerbenn said:

Or you could wait until i finished my DLC playtrough:

-Game Reinstalled with just Sams Story

- Deleted Save Files 

-No Internet Connection

Guess its worth a try, otherwise the only way may be indeed resetting the Console.

Won't matter. @Stormwarrior90's problem isn't the resetting the console. Reset only takes like 15-20 secs and then go thru the set up. It's having to reinstall the game that takes a long time. I know where he comes from but as of right now, it's the only solution if you really care about getting the 100%.

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 1

@xItsLesterx I get that, i truly do but id rather reinstall just one game than all the Games i have on my Console ( guess u can just put them on your extra Storage if you have one ) , making sure all my savefiles are uploaded etc.

And yes, as of right now the only proven method is the one provided to us by @affmees

Like i said, its worth a try. Making sure that the one solution we got is actually the only one that works.

Glad atleast one found a solution to this whole mess. 

Sadly this did not do the trick. So our only option is as people mentioned, the Console reset.

Edited by doerbenn
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, doerbenn said:

@xItsLesterx I get that, i truly do but id rather reinstall just one game than all the Games i have on my Console ( guess u can just put them on your extra Storage if you have one ) , making sure all my savefiles are uploaded etc.

And yes, as of right now the only proven method is the one provided to us by @affmees

Like i said, its worth a try. Making sure that the one solution we got is actually the only one that works.

Glad atleast one found a solution to this whole mess. 

Sadly this did not do the trick. So our only option is as people mentioned, the Console reset.

Thanks for confirming. 

So the key is use the safe mode option 5 (rebuild database)? 

Then reinstall the game and playing offline? 

• Like 1

@doerbenn, thats good for everyone to know. It blows. I have reinstalled this game like 3 times prior to this time lol so I know the struggle

@Stormwarrior90, option 6. Like stated before, DO NOT open the game until the whole game and DLC is installed. Turn off the connection or unplugged the ethernet cable, however you have it connected and THEN open it. 

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

HOLY SHIT IT WORKS.

@affmees YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIUS. THANKS BRO.

• So factory reset from safe mode (Option 6).
  • Re-install game with DLC with glitched trophies.
  • DO NOT LAUNCH THE GAME WHEN THE FIRST PART IS INSTALLED AND TELLS YOU THAT YOU CAN PLAY THE GAME.
  • Turn off connection to play offline.
  • If done correctly, once you launch the game and go back to the Main screen, you will see trophies are 0/69 and then work on whatever trophy you are missing.

It worked for me.  I reset to factory defaults through the system without going into safe mode and it worked.  Next steps performed as indicated.  Now I'll do the same rushing the new game and then the NG+ to see if it works for the Mutation and Iron Mode trophies that didn't come to me either.  I believe it will work perfectly with the same method.  I'll just have to have the patience to play the main campaign again two more times. ?

Thanks @affmees

Edited by FreddieGellar
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Glad it works

Resetting to factory default wiped out all the data right? Have you guys made a backup in a external hard disk? 

Do you think  move the game on an external hard disk will work? 

From what I know, it’s always easier and faster to move your games to an external storage than redownloading them but yes, reset will wipe everything out and make it as if it’s a brand new console. I didn’t cuz honestly, I don’t have a problem redownloading. Plus, lots of my games are physical copies which it’s quicker to install than a full game download from the library. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xItsLesterx said:

From what I know, it’s always easier and faster to move your games to an external storage than redownloading them but yes, reset will wipe everything out and make it as if it’s a brand new console. I didn’t cuz honestly, I don’t have a problem redownloading. Plus, lots of my games are physical copies which it’s quicker to install than a full game download from the library. 

Ok, since there are no other options, I will try it. Need a fresh start or it's fine copy back the earlier saves? 

8 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

0/69 because it's offline? Right? 

Yeah. Looks like when launching the game when online, it syncs trophies to their own servers and that’s why they remain glitched. Whatever the case may be, remember to let the game and DLC to fully install, disconnect from your internet and then launch the game. If done correctly, you’ll see trophies on the game are 0/69.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

Yeah. Looks like when launching the game when online, it syncs trophies to their own servers and that’s why they remain glitched. Whatever the case may be, remember to let the game and DLC to fully install, disconnect from your internet and then launch the game. If done correctly, you’ll see trophies on the game are 0/69.

Ok thanks 

So, I uploaded and deleted my save, turned Internet connection off on ps5, played through the The Two Colonels dlc completely offline and everything worked fine, though this 1 seems to be way less glitched than Sam's story.

I will do the same for Sam's story and report back once done.

I can't be bothered to go through the whole restore ps5 ordeal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, x7eight said:

So, I uploaded and deleted my save, turned Internet connection off on ps5, played through the The Two Colonels dlc completely offline and everything worked fine, though this 1 seems to be way less glitched than Sam's story.

I will do the same for Sam's story and report back once done.

I can't be bothered to go through the whole restore ps5 ordeal.

You followed the trick mention above? 

Confirmed!
The method discovered by @affmees also works for NG+ trophies. As I said before, I closed Iron Mode with the My Weapons mod and didn't get the Mutation and Iron Mode trophies.
After successfully unlocking The Last Hero and A Man of Principle, I tried the same with the NG+ trophies. Of course, I had to close the campaign twice more, but nothing a Sunday wouldn't solve. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

You followed the trick mention above? 

I didnt bother with all that deleting, restoring console, too much hassle for me, here's what I did.

After completing all the main game trophies, deleted my save and turned off the Internet connection in ps5 settings.

Played through the 2 Colonels completely offline, 

After completing it deleted the save file again, 

Then I played through Sam's story again completely offline. All 3 trophies popped at the end.

Not sure if it coincidence or I just got lucky.

Either way it may be helpful for people looking to avoid the glitch before starting the DLCs.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, x7eight said:

I didnt bother with all that deleting, restoring console, too much hassle for me, here's what I did.

After completing all the main game trophies, deleted my save and turned off the Internet connection in ps5 settings.

Played through the 2 Colonels completely offline, 

After completing it deleted the save file again, 

Then I played through Sam's story again completely offline. All 3 trophies popped at the end.

Not sure if it coincidence or I just got lucky.

Either way it may be helpful for people looking to avoid the glitch before starting the DLCs.

So basically just make sure you aren't connected to the internet and playing on fresh no save run when trying for glitched trophies?

Edited by OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ