The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

22 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

So basically just make sure you aren't connected to the internet when trying for glitched trophies?

Basically yeah, 

Make sure there's no other save before starting either of the DLCs and don't turn the Internet back on until done with both.

I can't say 100% that it will work for everybody, I just don't see how doing it this way is technically any different than restoring your ps5 completely and doing it that way. 

If you want to be 100% or already faced the glitch before and willing to go through restoring your ps5 then I'd still say do that method until anybody can corroborate my lazy method.

Edited by x7eight

12 minutes ago, x7eight said:

I didnt bother with all that deleting, restoring console, too much hassle for me, here's what I did.

After completing all the main game trophies, deleted my save and turned off the Internet connection in ps5 settings.

Played through the 2 Colonels completely offline, 

After completing it deleted the save file again, 

Then I played through Sam's story again completely offline. All 3 trophies popped at the end.

Not sure if it coincidence or I just got lucky.

Either way it may be helpful for people looking to avoid the glitch before starting the DLCs.

Thanks for the clarification, I had left only the Real Colonel trophy,I will try your way, wish me luck!! 

I got The Last Hero and A Man of Principle on my first DLC playthrough, I also attempted the Untouchable trophy but it did not pop even if i am 99% sure didn't die on any of the 3 encounters or loaded. Is this trophy bugged too or I should start a new game on the dlc and try again normally?

Edited by leongabriel_

1 hour ago, x7eight said:

I didnt bother with all that deleting, restoring console, too much hassle for me, here's what I did.

After completing all the main game trophies, deleted my save and turned off the Internet connection in ps5 settings.

Played through the 2 Colonels completely offline, 

After completing it deleted the save file again, 

Then I played through Sam's story again completely offline. All 3 trophies popped at the end.

Not sure if it coincidence or I just got lucky.

Either way it may be helpful for people looking to avoid the glitch before starting the DLCs.

My theory is that it's a bug in the saves. I had at least three different save slots. I played the DLCs in the third slot which got two quick saves. One for each DLC. I imagine this is messing up the game information to release the completion trophies. Still, it's a pretty stupid problem that developers should be aware of and fix.

1 hour ago, x7eight said:

Basically yeah, 

Make sure there's no other save before starting either of the DLCs and don't turn the Internet back on until done with both.

I can't say 100% that it will work for everybody, I just don't see how doing it this way is technically any different than restoring your ps5 completely and doing it that way. 

If you want to be 100% or already faced the glitch before and willing to go through restoring your ps5 then I'd still say do that method until anybody can corroborate my lazy method.

I didn't find the method lazy. It seems to me to be useful information and much less work than restoring the console. I hope everyone who has not yet taken these trophies will test this method and succeed. ?

42 minutes ago, FreddieGellar said:

My theory is that it's a bug in the saves. I had at least three different save slots. I played the DLCs in the third slot which got two quick saves. One for each DLC. I imagine this is messing up the game information to release the completion trophies. Still, it's a pretty stupid problem that developers should be aware of and fix.

I didn't find the method lazy. It seems to me to be useful information and much less work than restoring the console. I hope everyone who has not yet taken these trophies will test this method and succeed. 1f601.png

It's definitely buggy within the save system, there seems to be a "master save" that keeps track of settings and game wide information, I think this gets bugged very easily when doing chapter select or in between save slots etc.

3 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

So just tried with internet off on a save file that I tried before with a manual save right before the ending and the trophies did not pop. Might just try the console reset method.

Seems that you have to try with a fresh save and internet off... Tomorrow I will try... 

40 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

So just tried with internet off on a save file that I tried before with a manual save right before the ending and the trophies did not pop. Might just try the console reset method.

Yeah once it's glitched, there's no fixing it on that specific save file regardless of what you try unless they patch it.

19 hours ago, x7eight said:

Basically yeah, 

Tried your method for The Real Colonel Trophy and it didn't work for me 

8 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

So, if iron mode and ng+ glitches out, does that mean you have to console reset, and then do another 2 full playthroughs while offline? fuckk that shit if thats the case

Yes, that's how I got it. So far they haven't found another way.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, FreddieGellar said:

It worked for me.  I reset to factory defaults through the system without going into safe mode and it worked.  Next steps performed as indicated.  Now I'll do the same rushing the new game and then the NG+ to see if it works for the Mutation and Iron Mode trophies that didn't come to me either.  I believe it will work perfectly with the same method.  I'll just have to have the patience to play the main campaign again two more times. ?

Thanks @affmees

I tried all, the only one method left is the Resetting. 

So you con confirm reset the ps5 from the menu and not in the safe mod are the same? 

29 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

I tried all, the only one method left is the Resetting. 

So you con confirm reset the ps5 from the menu and not in the safe mod are the same? 

Yes, I reset it from the menu itself and followed the next steps as indicated.

25 minutes ago, wowbagger_84 said:

Resetting the PS5 to factory settings makes no sense whatsoever, since the issue is more likely than not related to the saves and the way the game, not the PS5 system, handles data and trophies triggers.

In the beginning it didn't make much sense, but everyone or almost everyone tried to delete the save and reinstall the game and were not successful even playing offline. The only known way to solve the problem so far is this. It is likely that even deleting the save from the console, it remains registered to the system and the only way to delete it once and for all is to restart it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FreddieGellar said:

Yes, I reset it from the menu itself and followed the next steps as indicated.

In the beginning it didn't make much sense, but everyone or almost everyone tried to delete the save and reinstall the game and were not successful even playing offline. The only known way to solve the problem so far is this. It is likely that even deleting the save from the console, it remains registered to the system and the only way to delete it once and for all is to restart it.

On older PS consoles, the trophy data is separated from the saves in a .sql file. Maybe that's why it'll only work by resetting the console.

Either way, I'm not going to redownload everything. If these trophies don't unlock for me, I'll just wait until they sort this out.

28 minutes ago, wowbagger_84 said:

On older PS consoles, the trophy data is separated from the saves in a .sql file. Maybe that's why it'll only work by resetting the console.

Either way, I'm not going to redownload everything. If these trophies don't unlock for me, I'll just wait until they sort this out.

If you have a spare hard drive or are using one for external storage you can transfer the game to it, reset console, reauthenticate with your PSN, then move the game back over and play without internet connection (and before syncing trophy list). This is what I did and worked fine without having to download the game again.

• Like 1

Just now, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

If you have a spare hard drive or are using one for external storage you can transfer the game to it, reset console, reauthenticate with your PSN, then move the game back over and play without internet connection (and before syncing trophy list). This is what I did and worked fine without having to download the game again.

I know, it's just that I have a 2 TB SSD drive absolutely full of PS4 games at the moment and no spare drive. And there's a bunch of PS5 games installed besides Metro, not keen on redownloading any of them.

In any case, hopefully it'll unlock the trophies naturally here.

Well for those like me who refuse to console reset, I got a different response from support:

"Thank you for contacting Deep Silver customer support
My name is David and I am here to assist you.
Thank you for the information provided.

All reported issues have already been forwarded to the developers and are currently under analysis.

If it turns out that the game is causing the issues you reported, they will be fixed in a future update.

Thanks for your time and cooperation"

Seemingly a little better than the "it's working fine" responses a few of you had 

12 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

Today my PS5 physical copy came through the mail.

What would be the advice for someone like me to avoid the trophy glitches?

Install the game + DLC and then just play offline?

Supposedly the base game is fine, but it's recommended to play the dlc's offline with a fresh save, backing up your base game saves to cloud or a USB, then deleting them from the system before starting either dlc at all.

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Supposedly the base game is fine, but it's recommended to play the dlc's offline with a fresh save, backing up your base game saves to cloud or a USB, then deleting them from the system before starting either dlc at all.

Cloud save is your only option for backing up PS5 saves so you need PS Plus if you want to do that

1 hour ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

Cloud save is your only option for backing up PS5 saves so you need PS Plus if you want to do that

Hmm, I guess I didn't realize that it doesn't allow usb back up for PS5 saves yet.  Mine back up to plus and I have a USB HDD with my PS4 games plugged in so USB's don't work unless I unplug the HDD.  Good to know.

I have PS+ so no worries there to back up savefiles. 

If i play entirely offline, would i still need to delete the base game savefile? 

I guess playing the DLC first is not an option of you want to enjoy the entire game like it's suppose to be ( playing the game in order =》 base game, then dlc).