It's back, with a new trophy list

Just like Crimes & Punishments, it looks like Frogwares are bringing The Devil's Daughter back - self-published this time.

As such, a new trophy list has appeared on Exophase here: https://www.exophase.com/game/sherlock-holmes-the-devil-s-daughter-psn/trophies/

I don't know when it'll show up, but last time it was within a few days of the trophies, so we could see a return this week or next week. 

It's sad that Frogwares are going through so much legal BS with various publishers, but it's good that they're able to resolve them fairly promptly. Now, if only they'd 'remaster' the PS3 games onto PS4 so they could be re-listed with new trophies :)

*update: it's back - https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP5205-CUSA26518_00-2515160832071212

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 1

Maybe I am mistaken, but that is the same Trophy List that I saw a couple months ago on PSN, when I got the platinum.

I just worked on a full video walkthroughs of the cases and trophies for it, and was going to start writing a Trophy Guide this weekend, so I hope they remain the same xDD

Edited by Argandalf
  • Like 1

On 22/06/2021 at 4:55 AM, Argandalf said:

Maybe I am mistaken, but that is the same Trophy List that I saw a couple months ago on PSN, when I got the platinum.

I just worked on a full video walkthroughs of the cases and trophies for it, and was going to start writing a Trophy Guide this weekend, so I hope they remain the same xDD

This list has literally just appeared. It's just not showing on this site yet. The content is identical to the one posted on PSN years ago, when the game came out, but the game is being relisted very soon (it was delisted a few months ago)

Their previous game, Crimes and Punishments, was also delisted due to an issue with the publisher - that also relisted with a new stack.

Your walkthrough will be applicable for all versions of the game, but this relist will allow people to grab another platinum should they pick up the new self published version

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, turniplord said:

This list has literally just appeared. It's just not showing on this site yet. The content is identical to the one posted on PSN years ago, when the game came out, but the game is being relisted very soon (it was delisted a few months ago)

Their previous game, Crimes and Punishments, was also delisted due to an issue with the publisher - that also relisted with a new stack.

Your walkthrough will be applicable for all versions of the game, but this relist will allow people to grab another platinum should they pick up the new self published version

Really  wish they would release testament of sherlock holmes  on ps4 or relist it on ps3 store.    Hope I find disk copy soon 

• Like 1

It

12 minutes ago, LuisOMGamer said:

So it's basically the same game, but different trophy list? I'm kinnda confuse because never thought this would be possible. 

It is the same trophy list, but it is being relisted, so apparently you can complete it again... I think xDD

Sorry, it is the first time I see this.

57 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Thanks for clarifying!

3 hours ago, LuisOMGamer said:

So it's basically the same game, but different trophy list? I'm kinnda confuse because never thought this would be possible. 

Based on previous issues, events, and things I've heard (not official until the dev posts their inevitable update in a few days)...

The publisher's contract ran out - this time it was with BigBen/NACON (last time it was Focus Home), and instead of the game simply remaining on the store, either the Publisher removed it or the developer asked them to.

Going off all the issues Frogwares had with NACON over The Sinking City, I would guess they probably demanded NACON removed it from sale - which will be why it vanished off every store, bar the Hong Kong one, a few months ago.

With the game gone, this allows the developer to re-submit it to the digital stores (PS and Xbox) so it can be published by themselves so they get all the money without having to pay the original publisher anymore. Spike Chunsoft also did this recently with Danganronpa, removing the games which were published by NIS America and relisting them under their own name.

So, the game that's going to be live soon is the same as the original game, only the title cards won't reference NACON or BigBen anymore. But, because this is now essentially a brand-new game (when looking in the database), it has a new trophy list/stack. So, once it is live, you can buy the game again and earn a new platinum trophy by playing through it. This was the same as the previous game, Crimes and Punishments.

If you owned the original version of this game, either physically or digitally before it was removed, you can still re-downlaod that one and play it as normal. There will be no differences (I doubt there's new higer resolution or framerate options), but the trophy list will be the original one and not this new one. 

TL;DR - yes, this is the same game being re-uploaded, but it's essentially a 'new game' in the database as it's a new publisher (themselves). So, picking up the 'new' version will give you a new trophy list and platinum.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Argandalf said:

It is the same trophy list, but it is being relisted, so apparently you can complete it again... I think xDD

4 hours ago, turniplord said:

TL;DR - yes, this is the same game being re-uploaded, but it's essentially a 'new game' in the database as it's a new publisher (themselves). So, picking up the 'new' version will give you a new trophy list and platinum.

Got it!

16 hours ago, turniplord said:

TL;DR - So, picking up the 'new' version will give you a new trophy list and platinum.

It will also give you a slimmer wallet if you never got the older version which seemed to be on sale for a few of bucks every month.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 8:24 PM, turniplord said:

It's back: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP5205-CUSA26518_00-2515160832071212

Now, I've not got my review code yet, so I can't 100% confirm it's the new list - but I'm 90% sure it will be. Soon as my code comes through, I'll update this thread :)

Pardon me bumping an old post, but I'm curious if I purchase a physical version of this game, am I guaranteed the OR trophy stack, or will some update default me to the RR trophy stack?

8 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Pardon me bumping an old post, but I'm curious if I purchase a physical version of this game, am I guaranteed the OR trophy stack, or will some update default me to the RR trophy stack?

The disc version uses the original trophy list. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, brentmorrow88 said:

Can the same save files be used across both the delisted and relisted versions, does anyone know?

There is no cross-save of any kind, likely for legal reasons, therefore you have to do both of them completely from scratch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There is no cross-save of any kind, likely for legal reasons, therefore you have to do both of them completely from scratch.

Fair enough. It's short anyway. Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm still holding out for a huge bundle with all the games, now that Testament is on PS4. I only own the delisted DD and C&P, so there'd be no rebuying which was lucky.

Are you sure? It's been in the store for ages.

It did show a price despite me having a copy already in my digital library and platiniumed. There is no trophy obtained showed up when I checked the title on the store on the PS5.

Im not going to risk it and buy it and end up seeing it reuses the same trophy list.

17 minutes ago, KHDelBoy said:

It did show a price despite me having a copy already in my digital library and platiniumed. There is no trophy obtained showed up when I checked the title on the store on the PS5.

Im not going to risk it and buy it and end up seeing it reuses the same trophy list.

Positive, this is the re-release list which is the only version currently available: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13274-sherlock-holmes-the-devils-daughter

Also, the PS5 store is notoriously buggy and unreliable when it comes to displaying PS4 games.

13 minutes ago, KHDelBoy said:

I checked your trophylist, the version you completed is the original version and not the re-release.
In the digital store you can only buy the re-release now, that's the version that shows a price to you.

The version you see in your digital library is the original version you bought before it was delisted and will remain available through that library because else people would lose access to their purchase.

If you happen to use the store on PC/webbrowser and not app or console, you can see the disc code or game code in the URL.
https://store.playstation.com/en-uk/product/EP5205-CUSA26518_00-2515160832071212/ (UK Store)

For the re-release the code (EU) is CUSA 26518.
https://serialstation.com/games/1fbef28a-2aac-4863-bfee-128149921652

For the original release the code (EU) is CUSA 03773
https://serialstation.com/games/278831c2-d5d1-4a07-a645-b04f1d6d98fb

So if you're in doubt you're buying the re-release or not: Use a web browser and check the URL for the code.

• Like 1