Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ProfBambam55

Is it Possible to Unlock the Cut Your Teeth & Wanted Trophies at the Same Time?

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Bravo.

However, it seems that would only explain both popping at same time?  You said that method would take 7 or 8 hours, so anyone with less than say 7 hours in between trophies - that isnt instant popped- would still be modder money and get flagged then?

Edit - and as I hit post the idea of stopping a few kills shy of rank 10 and doing another match hit me.  It's very circumstantial, but technically doable.

Edited by AJ_-_808

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Bravo.

However, it seems that would only explain both popping at same time?  You said that method would take 7 or 8 hours, so anyone with less than say 7 hours in between trophies - that isnt instant popped- would still be modder money and get flagged then?

Edit - and as I hit post the idea of stopping a few kills shy of rank 10 and doing another match hit me.  It's very circumstantial, but technically doable.

and if we're looking at all technical possibilities, a team account could be playing both the mp and sp at the same time so it would be possible and valid as far as I know to have a multitude of combinations that would lead to a much smaller gap between trophies earned and the rank ones...there are also trophies that can be earned without gaining any $ and mp $ can be deleted at any time by deleting your profile data which is easily replicated by any player legitimately so it's more complicated than one may realize...

to make things even more complicated, I've had some players say that upon quitting to singleplayer after having done the current bdb2 glitch documented in the guide the half million trophy dinged...whether this has to do with an overloaded ps3 or not I have no idea...i do know that the game can act super weird sometimes after performing the glitch for extended periods and as such recommend resetting one's ps3 between rounds...depending on the menu a modder uses this could happen with modded cash as well but it's not guaranteed...

cut your teeth and wanted are the only 2 trophies in the whole list where there is a one match buffer before they unlock so you could easily plan an impressively impossible looking list legitimately if you wanted to since there is a bit of a margin of error...I'm not saying you wouldn't need to know the game inside out and do some serious planning ahead, the point here is that it is technically possible to have a variety of possibilities that mimic having cash dropped on you...I'm 99% certain that whoever is flagging for this game have no idea such combinations are even possible...case in point, 4 or 5 people in the dispute that incited this thread claimed that the op's times were impossible when technically they could've been achieved without breaking any leaderboard rules...

Edited by ProfBambam55

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

yoz,

i realize that the subject of this topic is something that the average gamer couldn't care much less about but I've seen this discussion come up in gta iv disputes more than once and wanted (get it?) to set the record straight once and for all...i've repeatedly made the bold claim that: "yes, indeed it is possible to get both rank trophies simultaneously through legitimate means according to psnp's leaderboard rules."... the following is a pretty raw video I made that shows how this can be done...please forgive the $hit quality as i really am neither tech savvy nor do I enjoy making such videos and try to do as little editing possible...it was all shot on my first attempt using 2 ps3s and then pieced together and the rambling commentary added from just one take...i'm going to tag a few people in hopes that this information will get passed on and that this thread will be referenced the next time it is stated that the trophies cannot be earned within seconds of each other...the ideal would be to no longer see disputes for gta iv based solely on both rank trophies being unlocked closely together...now you all know as much as I do...feel free to test it out for yourselves or to ask any questions should they arise...thanks...

@HuntingFever @kevao97 @amurnin100 @TOAST13TOA5T @AJ_-_808 @B1rvine @Squirlruler @MMDE @grimydawg___ @Ruviks_Soul

side question: would there be any interest in having this edited into the multiplayer guide with a more thorough walkthrough?...

If it prevents any further misunderstandings, then please do a full written walkthrough for this glitch :).

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If it prevents any further misunderstandings, then please do a full written walkthrough for this glitch :).

f**k...I was hoping everyone would say "looks too complicated, no thanks"...haha...it could take a while but I'll get it done eventually...I'm a tech potato and super busy but helping the community never ceases to be a good motivator...I'm guessing realistically 6-8 weeks and I could have a full tutorial up...

Oh man thanks for the video!!!! This looks way faster than the Happy Island glitch since you don’t have to reset it each hour. I’m going to give it a go after I grab all other online trophies in hope that I can spend less time in this glitch 🤗🤗

Hey! My friend watched the old video before and she wanted to try this to lessen the time needed to level up. We got this on the third try but gave up on the $100000 mark because this method can really tire your hands. Recommend a good turbo controller. Its real they havent patched this glitch try it out! Haha

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

we got this on the third try but gave up on the $100000 mark because this method can really tire your hands. Recommend a good turbo controller. Its real they havent patched this glitch try it out! Haha

this one is a bit different and wouldn't tire hands...alright, it's official, a full tutorial on how to perform this variation is on the way and will be added to the mp guide...

and for the record, I came across this glitch way back in late 2010 early 2011-ish...I'd say if it hasn't been patched for over a decade, it never will be...the vid was recorded about 48 hours ago so yes, it still works...

Edited by ProfBambam55

I've always known about the BDB II glitch since the early days of Gta iv, this glitch was never patched. And well, yes, it's technically possible to get both trophies in a legitimate sequence of seconds, however I've never particularly seen anyone make use of this argument in a dispute: they always appeal to third-party interference in their games. I've never seen a dispute victim defending themselves that way. I daresay the vast majority of people either don't know or have never heard of the BDB II glitch. Future disputers can defend themselves in this way freely, but they don't know. As for your statement that this trophy should have a free pass, I don't have a consolidated opinion about it, however I am of the bias that, at the time I made this trophy, it originally took 3 months just to reach level 10 (there wasn't double $ at that time) although a victim of a modded lobby is innocent and should be acquitted of an flag imo, I still see no problem in a clarification by the means obtained.

you did a great job creating this video and using your free time and resources for a better understanding and clarification for the community about the subject, you have my respect and my admiration for that, thank you!

10 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

and if we're looking at all technical possibilities, a team account could be playing both the mp and sp at the same time so it would be possible and valid as far as I know to have a multitude of combinations that would lead to a much smaller gap between trophies earned and the rank ones...there are also trophies that can be earned without gaining any $ and mp $ can be deleted at any time by deleting your profile data which is easily replicated by any player legitimately so it's more complicated than one may realize...

to make things even more complicated, I've had some players say that upon quitting to singleplayer after having done the current bdb2 glitch documented in the guide the half million trophy dinged...whether this has to do with an overloaded ps3 or not I have no idea...i do know that the game can act super weird sometimes after performing the glitch for extended periods and as such recommend resetting one's ps3 between rounds...depending on the menu a modder uses this could happen with modded cash as well but it's not guaranteed...

cut your teeth and wanted are the only 2 trophies in the whole list where there is a one match buffer before they unlock so you could easily plan an impressively impossible looking list legitimately if you wanted to since there is a bit of a margin of error...I'm not saying you wouldn't need to know the game inside out and do some serious planning ahead, the point here is that it is technically possible to have a variety of possibilities that mimic having cash dropped on you...I'm 99% certain that whoever is flagging for this game have no idea such combinations are even possible...case in point, 4 or 5 people in the dispute that incited this thread claimed that the op's times were impossible when technically they could've been achieved without breaking any leaderboard rules...

multiple people cannot play the SAME GAME (important detail) on the same account, nor can they forge unreachable timestamps, even a speedrunner should be able to perform a timestamp that is possible for a single individual playing. in some very extreme cases like Uncharted 4, there were timestamps highly unlikely to be achieved but that was proven legitimate and possible by the disputer.

21 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I've always known about the BDB II glitch since the early days of Gta iv, this glitch was never patched. And well, yes, it's technically possible to get both trophies in a legitimate sequence of seconds, however I've never particularly seen anyone make use of this argument in a dispute: they always appeal to third-party interference in their games. I've never seen a dispute victim defending themselves that way. I daresay the vast majority of people either don't know or have never heard of the BDB II glitch. Future disputers can defend themselves in this way freely, but they don't know. As for your statement that this trophy should have a free pass, I don't have a consolidated opinion about it, however I am of the bias that, at the time I made this trophy, it originally took 3 months just to reach level 10 (there wasn't double $ at that time) although a victim of a modded lobby is innocent and should be acquitted of an flag imo, I still see no problem in a clarification by the means obtained.

you did a great job creating this video and using your free time and resources for a better understanding and clarification for the community about the subject, you have my respect and my admiration for that, thank you!

multiple people cannot play the SAME GAME (important detail) on the same account, nor can they forge unreachable timestamps, even a speedrunner should be able to perform a timestamp that is possible for a single individual playing. in some very extreme cases like Uncharted 4, there were timestamps highly unlikely to be achieved but that was proven legitimate and possible by the disputer.

I'm not arguing how disputes should be handled only with the statement that "both trophies cannot be earned simultaneously"...I dislike false statements and trophy mythology so much I ended up writing a guide...haha...

and I used to think the same as you until:

ate my own words in that thread...humbling...

I recall you sending me a video of this method years ago in a DM, @ProfBambam55. It's certainly known amongst the CRT, at least. Thanks for your GTA IV insights, as always. 

4 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I recall you sending me a video of this method years ago in a DM, @ProfBambam55. It's certainly known amongst the CRT, at least. Thanks for your GTA IV insights, as always. 

ah, excellent...I appreciate the confirmation...cheers...

Do you need to keep the sniper alive for the glitch to work it didn’t work 

Oh wow I'd love to have a tutorial for this! I'll give it a try this week-end and hopefully it will work, otherwise I'll wait for the tutorial.

Is there any shutdown planned for GTA IV servers? Since GTA V PS3 is closing soon, I would be pretty sad to miss out the platinum...

On 8.7.2021 at 2:39 AM, MarcancooL said:

Is there any shutdown planned for GTA IV servers? Since GTA V PS3 is closing soon, I would be pretty sad to miss out the platinum...

Console version is still fine, nothing to worry about so far^^