Playing NFS:MW on PSTV

So I remembered I had a PS TV/PS3 Controller bundle for $30 that I bought at Target when it was on clearance long ago (I should have bought all of them on the shelf, but no money..) 

With my really bad eyes, I wondered if I could play Most Wanted on the PSTV. 

And it is compatible.

Pros:

•Bigger screen 

•IMO better controller sensitivity like you won't go all the way to the left or right by just moving the analog stick a little bit. 

Cons:

•Bigger screen means graphics look kinda bad.. Like it feels like I'm playing a N64 title. 

•A little harder to tell what's coming up cause of the enlarged screen

I don't have a PS3 steering wheel, but was wondering if anyone had the PSTV with a PS3 steering wheel? And have they tried using the wheel on the PSTV, does it work?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The cons aren't really as bad as what I thought they would be. I won't be bothered that much with the graphics after all it's a VITA game. What really pleases me is the mention of controls - we're getting a bit more precise controls on the Dual Shock than a twitchy standard VITA analogue stick. Think the Bugatti event Needlepoint, which is already challenging enough on a proper controller so imagine playing that in a smaller one... madness!

I've noticed you're missing the :bronze: Gotta Smash Them All trophy for the platinum. Did they glitch on you? I've read somewhere that a few billboards can glitch. I hope this is not the case as this is now making me anxious.  I'm also planning to play this game on the PlaystationTV so any information regarding that would be appreciated.

Edited by Eispan

• 4 months later...
On 1/14/2022 at 9:08 AM, galanmg said:

Hi! I'm trying to platinum the game on Vita and I swear that the Needlepoint event was a pain in the a** with the Vita controls, even with an almost brand new stick

What I posted on another thread. 

For the noobs like me, I used. 

Koenigsegg Agera R

Tires: Off-Road Pro

Nitrous: Burn Pro

Chassis: Lightweight Pro

Body: Impact Protection

Transmission: Long Gears Pro (I prefer, Short Gears Pro, but at the very end.. it couldn't get to the speed I needed)

And thanks to AihaLoveleaf's tip you can also get it. On corners or when you're trying to avoid cars LET GO OF THE GAS AND BRAKES. I thought my speed would slow down dramatically but it doesn't. Just avoid making contact with anything and when you're about to enter the airport let go of the gas. 

When exiting the airport let go of the gas and brake hard [L1] and turn at the same time. When you're out press the NOS a Lil. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 22/06/2021 at 8:13 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

I should have bought all of them on the shelf...

You should have had!  That is a gold right there... like when Bitcoin was still US$0.0008 on July 2010! Tsk! /snap

• 1 year later...
On 22/06/2021 at 10:13 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

So I remembered I had a PS TV/PS3 Controller bundle for $30 that I bought at Target when it was on clearance long ago (I should have bought all of them on the shelf, but no money..) 

With my really bad eyes, I wondered if I could play Most Wanted on the PSTV. 

And it is compatible.

Pros:

•Bigger screen 

•IMO better controller sensitivity like you won't go all the way to the left or right by just moving the analog stick a little bit. 

Cons:

•Bigger screen means graphics look kinda bad.. Like it feels like I'm playing a N64 title. 

•A little harder to tell what's coming up cause of the enlarged screen

I don't have a PS3 steering wheel, but was wondering if anyone had the PSTV with a PS3 steering wheel? And have they tried using the wheel on the PSTV, does it work?

Another pro is that you can record Trophy Clips much more easily if you also have a capture card and PC. 

XIM Apex does not work on the PSTV, so I assume steering wheels don't work either. 

It is possible that a DriveHub would work on a PSTV but I think it probably won't.

Edited by Seamndel

• 5 months later...

Wow the difference between the controls of the PS3 vs the PSTV is night and day.  It is so twitchy and I cannot seem to get used to accelerate using :r1: and :l1: for the breaks.  I keep on pressing :r2: and :l2: on the Dual Shock 4... old habits never die...

EDIT: 17.09.2023

Almost done, just one Pro Mod to do and the completion will be in the bag.  The only thing I have noticed is that the DS4 seems to have some dead zones when turning.  I am not sure if it is the PSTV that is acting up because that controller is fairly new.  The micro-console also had C2-12828-1 errors when playing the game - which was new when I got it.

Other than that, it was fairly fun for a stack.  I cannot imagine myself enjoying this game had I played it on the PSVita.  Think Needle Point on a tiny screen... madness!

Edited by Eispan
... the DS4 seems to have dead zones as well.