Dead Space release date: January 27th 2023

kidson2004

I'm glad Dead Space is on EA's radar again but this seems so unnecessary. The original still holds up pretty well and a remastered trilogy would have sufficed. It's not like the RE trilogy getting a remake/re-imagining because of the technical limits of the PS1. It saddens me that the remains of Dead Space 4 are, dare I say, dead.

Remakes are the new remasters these days.

• Like 4

Damn, I was hoping for a Dead Space battle royale mobile game.

1 hour ago, dottyduke1 said:

I'm glad Dead Space is on EA's radar again but this seems so unnecessary. The original still holds up pretty well and a remastered trilogy would have sufficed. It's not like the RE trilogy getting a remake/re-imagining because of the technical limits of the PS1. It saddens me that the remains of Dead Space 4 are, dare I say, dead.

Remakes are the new remasters these days.

I'd say a remake of the game is a huge commitment vs a quick cash grab like a remaster would've been.  If this is successful it's going to be a big flashing signal to EA to think about a Dead Space 4... or remake/reimagine the others, then Dead Space 4.  In essence the spirit of a Dead Space 4 is more alive than ever with an announcement like this.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 4

So is this a 'remake' in the recent Mass Effect Trilogy sense?

Or a remake in the Resident Evil 2/3 sense?

Because I would be fine with the former, but if its the latter it seems really pointless.

I replayed DS1 recently and, apart from some minor graphic issues, it still holds up really well 10+ years on - both graphicly and gameplay wise.

Edited by objectioner
Grammar
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, objectioner said:

Because I would be fine with the former, but if its the latter it seems really pointless.

I replayed DS1 recently and, apart from some minor graphic issues, it still holds up really well 10+ years on - both graphicly and gameplay wise.

It is a remake from the ground up.

10 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

This has me a bit nervous.

I would settle for a 'remaster' of 1 and 2, and a 'remake' of 3.

3 had a great setting and atmosphere wasted on a terrible story and gameplay.

It was also in 3 that I noticed the first instance of 'microtransactions' being implemented into games - with its option to buy crafting materials with irl money.

I guess I will hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

I'm yet to buy the Mass Effect Trilogy remaster.

EA is still up there with Bethesda on my list of 'Game Companies to avoid'. 

I'm glad we get another Dead Space but i just can't see it being better than the original, it would have to be a 10/10 game of the year. Still hoping we get a trilogy remaster but doubt that will happen now, it would be an easy remaster as well as all 3 are graphically still good. 

I got the DS2 German stack not long ago, looking forward to playing that again when i get round to it. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

That's really unfortunate. There's no way they're going to adequately provide a classic Dead Space experience, and I don't see how anyone could improve upon the original.

I enjoyed my time with dead space

it was one of my first ps3 games ever

i did the one gun trophy on my impossible run

i always thought of that as an achievement on its own but the plasma cutter is the best weapon in game so its really not as hard as it sounds

if it was just a port of the original with graphical updates and was under $40 i would probably do it again on ps5 but as of right now, ill probably just keep those fond memories in the past as what they are, fond memories

i never played 2 and i skipped out on 3 when it was offered on ps+ because of either paid dlc/mtx and/or multiplayer trophies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, objectioner said:

I replayed DS1 recently and, apart from some minor graphic issues, it still holds up really well 10 years on - both graphicly and gameplay wise.

Mass Effect Trilogy was a remaster, Dead Space is a remake in the vein of RE2, RE3

4 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I am hoping Motive studios does it right. I hope they keep Isaac voiceless like in the original Dead Space. Can't wait to see more. It is one of my favorite games from the PS3 era.

This is one main thing that i did not like about the first game. He is might as well be a plank of wood without a voice.

1 hour ago, objectioner said:

I replayed DS1 recently and, apart from some minor graphic issues, it still holds up really well 10+ years on - both graphically and game-play wise.

If this a Re-Imagining like Resident Evil 2/3 then it might get butchered like they did RE 2/3 so that worries me very much. I do agree that the games hold up fairly well for their age. Though 3 would probably need a remake to fix the forced co-op.

The damn thing is back after years of demand from fans and gamers alike now everyone is pissy for some reason lol. Personally I'm glad it's a remake and not just some cheap HD remaster or port especially the fact that it's gonna be current gen hardware, can't wait to see what it'll look like.

1 hour ago, Void said:

This is one main thing that i did not like about the first game. He is might as well be a plank of wood without a voice.

That is one of the things I did like. It made it even more immersive to me. 

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

I enjoyed my time with dead space

it was one of my first ps3 games ever

i did the one gun trophy on my impossible run

i always thought of that as an achievement on its own but the plasma cutter is the best weapon in game so its really not as hard as it sounds

if it was just a port of the original with graphical updates and was under $40 i would probably do it again on ps5 but as of right now, ill probably just keep those fond memories in the past as what they are, fond memories

i never played 2 and i skipped out on 3 when it was offered on ps+ because of either paid dlc/mtx and/or multiplayer trophies

Same here. I did the one gun run on impossible. I remember having a couple parts that I struggled with. One part I ran out of ammo and had to use objects I could grab to finish of the necromorphs.

But, the real question is if they use the same trophies will they correct the spelling of the Platinum name?

Edited by snakebit10

3 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

That is one of the things I did like. It made it even more immersive to me. 

Same here. I did the one gun run on impossible. I remember having a couple parts that I struggled with. One part I ran out of ammo and had to use objects I could grab to finish of the necromorphs.

But, the real question is if they use the same trophies will they correct the spelling of the Platinum name?

Yeah, the stasis field or whatever its called

i did that for a bit and then i took advantage of an in game duplication glitch/exploit

some people call it cheating or frown upon it 

i say, the devs didnt patch it out so its fair game

Those same people will openly use the creative mode glitch in their survival minecraft worlds though, so theyre full of shit ;)

I think with todays society, they will definately correct the spelling of the platinum name

Should this remake turn out to be successful they may go into remaking Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3. I have little doubt Dead Space 3 is still going to revolve around co-op since it's such an integral part of that game. Because of Sony's decision to prolong the PS3/Vita stores playing Dead Space 3 is still an option for me. Very unlikely I will play it due to my backlog.

I guess we've now reached the point where early PS3/Xbox 360 era games are getting the remake treatment. I'm still waiting on the original Assassin's Creed, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, and Resistance: Fall of Man. Any of those would be just fine for a remake. The original Assassin's Creed did not age well at all. It feels clunky and bulky playing it nowadays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Should this remake turn out to be successful they may go into remaking Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3. I have little doubt Dead Space 3 is still going to revolve around co-op since it's such an integral part of that game.

I don’t think think that’s a given. The thing about a Remake is that you can change a lot more then a Remaster. If they’re taking a leaf out of RE then a hypothetical DS3 Remake could have different character scenarios (à la Leon and Claire) in place of the Co-Op. I think it’s more question of would they even Remake DS3 in the first place? Most Remakes are based on fan-favourites with a lot of nostalgia. I’m legitimately curious, has any studio ever remade a game that wasn’t originally a big hit/highly praised when it originally released?

Edited by bikeman223

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I guess we've now reached the point where early PS3/Xbox 360 era games are getting the remake treatment. I'm still waiting on the original Assassin's Creed, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, and Resistance: Fall of Man. Any of those would be just fine for a remake. The original Assassin's Creed did not age well at all. It feels clunky and bulky playing it nowadays.

Assassins creed 2 and brotherhood are the two games within the series that would truly deserve a remake. I'm with you on resistance series making a comeback though.  

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

as long as we're making wishes, I'd also love to see remakes/trophy support for heavenly sword and all 5 games from the orange box

• Like 1