Dead Space release date: January 27th 2023

kidson2004

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

I don’t think think that’s a given. The thing about a Remake is that you can change a lot more then a Remaster. If they’re taking a leaf out of RE then a hypothetical DS3 Remake could have different character scenarios (à la Leon and Claire) in place of the Co-Op. I think it’s more question of would they even Remake DS3 in the first place? Most Remakes are based on fan-favourites with a lot of nostalgia. I’m legitimately curious, has any studio ever remade a game that wasn’t originally a big hit/highly praised when it originally released?

The way they did RE2 Re-Imagined and RE3 Re-Imagined is enough to make me worry about it. However I do agree that the A/B scenario would be a good way to redo the co-op only section of Dead Space 3. Another option would be when you get to the co-op only sections the game could ask "would you like to play as Issac or Carver" was his name carver?

3 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

I’m legitimately curious, has any studio ever remade a game that wasn’t originally a big hit/highly praised when it originally released?

Putty Squad maybe?

That was the first one that sprand to mind, though I think Bionic Commando Rearmed could be argued as one too - the original was fondly remembered, but hardly a cult classic.

Also Earthworm Jim - that game was never particularly praised or loved, but it got a remake at one point.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

15 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Considering this is for current gen and PC only it has to be a remake. Atleast i hope so. EA saw Capcoms success with RE remakes and wanted in on the action. Can't wait to plat all 3 again.

Let us just hope that they actually allow the devs to make the games as they should be and not what DS3 was 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-07-22 at 1:32 PM, objectioner said:

I replayed DS1 recently and, apart from some minor graphic issues, it still holds up really well 10+ years on - both graphicly and gameplay wise.

I couldn’t agree more. I just finished playing Dead Space for the first time a week ago and I was shocked to see that it was released way back in 2008. The graphics, gameplay, and sound design still hold up remarkably well for a game that old. I fell in love with it immediately and can see why it’s considered by so many people to be a classic.

Remastering and packaging the trilogy into a bundle would have made a lot more sense. I’m sure there are loads of people like myself who have never played Dead Space before, many of whom do not have a PS3. It’s nearing a decade since the release of Dead Space 3 so I think it would have been perfect timing.

I’m not against the idea of a reimagining though. I am excited to see what they could do with a modern engine and sound effects. For all we know it could change the game and end up being the best survival horror game ever. For now I am choosing to be positive and hopeful about this one. ?

• Like 2

On 23/07/2021 at 8:28 AM, mcnichoj said:

Would it be as good as The Order?

Lol.  They can't all be home runs I guess, but they still have the Resistance franchise, one I wish Sony would reboot/re-imagine.   Trailer looks decent and the devs spoke well, but like others have said, need to see more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That looks promising, though I am still worried they will turn it into a Re-Imagining. Also that shot with the comparison above there is so much detail, it looks like a fully leveled up armor vs a starting armor.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:41 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Comparison shown in the livestream.

c8rDPM0.png

This also sound promising, never was a fan of "silent" protagonist in fully voiced games as it takes me out of the immersion when they stand there like a lump on a log. Gunner Wright returning is a plus too. I would like to see them remake 2 and 3 as well, but if they just do remasters then that if fine as well. 

On 8/31/2021 at 1:41 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Gunner Wright is returning to voice Isaac Clarke.

86FBXHU.jpg

Ohhhhh snaaap! I watched this live steam to see the developments especially on the audio side. That was a huge part of the game, creative and immersive audio and lighting effects. Heard they will have another stream talking about animation in May? Cool that they are showing updates on development. Hope it’s a huge success for the team and studio so future installments will be forthcoming. Let’s go!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mori said:

I hope the remake will be a success, maybe an eyeopener for EA.

What I've seen (and heard) so far looks and sound very promising. The original was one of the very few horror games I actually finished and enjoyed.

I agree and hope it is a success as well. As long as it is Remake (ex. Resident Evil 1) or a Re-Imagining (ex. Wild Arms Alter Code F) done right is all that matters.