Dead Space release date: January 27th 2023

kidson2004

9 minutes ago, Void said:

I agree and hope it is a success as well. As long as it is Remake (ex. Resident Evil 1) or a Re-Imagining (ex. Wild Arms Alter Code F) done right is all that matters.

From what little I've seen so much, it looks more than just a "higher reso, more texture" remaster, but like the thread says "reimagination". So hopes are up for this one. :D 

43 minutes ago, Mori said:

From what little I've seen so much, it looks more than just a "higher reso, more texture" remaster, but like the thread says "reimagination". So hopes are up for this one. :D 

Indeed it does look like a straight remake so far but we do not what what they might change, aside from giving IC a voice. The video's are promising so there could be hope however trailers and early footage can be deceiving.

• Like 1

I imagine they will make it worth our while by fleshing out the smaller story beats. But yeah Im looking forward to this shit i really am, idc what it costs i'll pre order it. MOTIVE are a great studio so.

also calling it reimagined means they're actually able to remake both the first games, and then make a third game that deviates from that awful shit they released initially.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

33 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

I imagine they will make it worth our while by fleshing out the smaller story beats. But yeah Im looking forward to this shit i really am, idc what it costs i'll pre order it. MOTIVE are a great studio so.

also calling it reimagined means they're actually able to remake both the first games, and then make a third game that deviates from that awful shit they released initially.

If they do it like Resident Evil 1 by expanding the story then I am all for it. I am worried about more drastic changes, which is where a re-imagining would come in like Resident Evil 2 2019 (which I am not a fan of). Now a Re-Imagining done right I am all for so I do hope whether it is a Remake or Re-Imagining it is done right.

I would be all for them redoing Part 3, I was not a fan of the MP only areas as it did force a degree of co-op. My favorite of the series is still part 2 and it squeaks past part 1 for 1 reason. No silent protag, if not for that reason I would have liked part 1 more. So there is a chance that this one can surpass part 2 for me.

On a side note when the original demos came out for part 1 I did not like them so it was a couple of years before I even tried the full game. It felt like night and day when playing the full game over the demo, so i tried the emo again and still did not like it (the demo). It was one of those times where the demo did not represent the full game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Void said:

If they do it like Resident Evil 1 by expanding the story then I am all for it. I am worried about more drastic changes, which is where a re-imagining would come in like Resident Evil 2 2019 (which I am not a fan of). Now a Re-Imagining done right I am all for so I do hope whether it is a Remake or Re-Imagining it is done right.

I would be all for them redoing Part 3, I was not a fan of the MP only areas as it did force a degree of co-op. My favorite of the series is still part 2 and it squeaks past part 1 for 1 reason. No silent protag, if not for that reason I would have liked part 1 more. So there is a chance that this one can surpass part 2 for me.

On a side note when the original demos came out for part 1 I did not like them so it was a couple of years before I even tried the full game. It felt like night and day when playing the full game over the demo, so i tried the emo again and still did not like it (the demo). It was one of those times where the demo did not represent the full game.

dead space 1 was great, however dead space 2 was a master class in horror game development. each enemy was given more of a role, with a more fleshed out personality, the action was ramped up significantly and added a ton more action without ever sacrificing the atmosphere, and honestly the return to the mining ship lol, and how the feeling of dread issac felt resonated with how you felt going through that hell again, mindblowing. 

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

dead space 1 was great, however dead space 2 was a master class in horror game development. each enemy was given more of a role, with a more fleshed out personality, the action was ramped up significantly and added a ton more action without ever sacrificing the atmosphere, and honestly the return to the nostromo and how the feeling of dread issac felt resonated with how you felt going through that hell again, mindblowing. 

ah yes it is a great game, the nostromo is from alien though

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

The only thing more painful is the fact that this game won't be on ps4 so somehow you have to try and find one of the rarest and priciest consoles out there to play it.

It's really a shame that we are in this dilemma. If consoles would be available at any time i'd say screw ps4 and don't release anything there in the future, because last gen is obviously holding back ps5. You can clearly see how superior next gen only titles are. I still think it's a good decision that we have good next gen only exclusives because otherwise we would pay 500 for enhanced ps4 pro versions, which is way too much.

9 hours ago, westersburg said:

It's really a shame that we are in this dilemma. If consoles would be available at any time i'd say screw ps4 and don't release anything there in the future, because last gen is obviously holding back ps5. You can clearly see how superior next gen only titles are. I still think it's a good decision that we have good next gen only exclusives because otherwise we would pay 500 for enhanced ps4 pro versions, which is way too much.

I don't believe the next gen is being held back as think about it. if ps5 was more out there and at the base £500 it wouldn't be good at all as think of it like this. All the games on there  cost £70 or £60 and that is the base one of the game. In my point of view your basically buying a new game every once and a blue moon and maybe getting a lot of ps4 games as think of it like this. you would have to wait for each game you like to come out and then wait on patches and or bugs if the devs were being lazy as most are nowadays you would have a ps5 that basically sits there and gets covered in dust.

I believe the pricing for games and the console itself is just too much, at least with the ps4 it was around 350 to 400 at most and if you got a cheaper one around 250 or just 300 it was a good buy as the games you can get were around 50 or 45 at most. The price hikes for a lot of things I feel is what kills a lot of it plus the fact with the new ps plus bs they are pulling it feels more like sony wants to get every penny out of their players. I never like coming off like a penny pincher but gaming is getting to pricey for its own good just like how it did back in the old game crash times it is happening again. prices go too high up and people will be pissed.

On 11.5.2022 at 11:23 PM, Lonemankane said:

I don't believe the next gen is being held back as think about it. if ps5 was more out there and at the base £500 it wouldn't be good at all as think of it like this. All the games on there  cost £70 or £60 and that is the base one of the game. In my point of view your basically buying a new game every once and a blue moon and maybe getting a lot of ps4 games as think of it like this. you would have to wait for each game you like to come out and then wait on patches and or bugs if the devs were being lazy as most are nowadays you would have a ps5 that basically sits there and gets covered in dust.

I believe the pricing for games and the console itself is just too much, at least with the ps4 it was around 350 to 400 at most and if you got a cheaper one around 250 or just 300 it was a good buy as the games you can get were around 50 or 45 at most. The price hikes for a lot of things I feel is what kills a lot of it plus the fact with the new ps plus bs they are pulling it feels more like sony wants to get every penny out of their players. I never like coming off like a penny pincher but gaming is getting to pricey for its own good just like how it did back in the old game crash times it is happening again. prices go too high up and people will be pissed.

PS5's Hardware costs more than 500, Sony is paying money to make that possible. They obviously get that money back with game sales but that's not my point.

Base ps4 is so inferior to the ps5 but multiplatform games have to run on both machines. To save money and resources, developers just develop one game and up- or downscale it for each platform. If you plan to go next gen only you don't have to worry about downscaling a game without losing the feeeling. There are already games (for example gotham knights) which scrapped their initially planned last gen version because of that. And as i mentioned before, ps5's best games in terms of visuals and performance are the exclusives like ratchet&clank and spiderman etc.

Also i actually never heared anyone complaining about the 500 price tag of the ps5. Considering the hardware that is built in, it is indeed very cheap. If you want to build a pc with that hardware you pay a lot more. People who wanna be penny pinchers can actually buy the xbox series s, but that's not a good next gen console at all or more likely almost no upgrade to the xbox one x.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, westersburg said:

PS5's Hardware costs more than 500, Sony is paying money to make that possible. They obviously get that money back with game sales but that's not my point.

Base ps4 is so inferior to the ps5 but multiplatform games have to run on both machines. To save money and resources, developers just develop one game and up- or downscale it for each platform. If you plan to go next gen only you don't have to worry about downscaling a game without losing the feeeling. There are already games (for example gotham knights) which scrapped their initially planned last gen version because of that. And as i mentioned before, ps5's best games in terms of visuals and performance are the exclusives like ratchet&clank and spiderman etc.

Also i actually never heared anyone complaining about the 500 price tag of the ps5. Considering the hardware that is built in, it is indeed very cheap. If you want to build a pc with that hardware you pay a lot more. People who wanna be penny pinchers can actually buy the xbox series s, but that's not a good next gen console at all or more likely almost no upgrade to the xbox one x.

It might cost more than 500 to make said console but I feel it shouldn't matter. Sony has the power to buy out devs like the drop of a hat I feel they could bite the bullet and sell it cheaper like how they did with the ps3 and make a longer term profit now granted it was due to the backlash but still. How I view it is they put it out too early when covid was high and didn't give a shit about changing the price. How if I ran it would be to make more of the consoles make sure it works well and so on and then put it out there with a number of fresh new games after that make it cheaper than xbox to make it where ps5 would be worth the price.

As for me a long term profit is a way better model than getting the money here and now as you please the customers and a happy customer would be willing to buy more for said console. Just look at ps2 when it came out, when it came out it was at least in the uk around £180 to 200 if you got games or not with it. once you had gotten the console and so on you would want to buy more games but due to the only memory card you get is 8mb you have to buy another if the game sucks up a lot on there (Looking at you The Thing) and a memory card cost about 20 on its own pricy yes but still. you can kind of get what I mean.

Ps3 done the same thing but it was due to the backlash and so on but they made back their profit in the long run with ps plus when it was made for just new games. Ps home clothes and other things gotten in there and game sales and move and so on and so on.

For me it feels like sony just wants money here and now and gives zero fucks how to milk the customers dry. I never like to come off like a penny pincher but you kind of have to nowadays if you want to play a game that is not buggy or has problems or just flat out might not be your thing.

But on the topic of Dead Space remake. am glad it is coming back I just hate it is coming to only ps5 only just like how alan wake 2 is only going to be on ps5 as for me looks and so on I give no shits about unless it hurts my eyes I don't care for the looks of the game but game play I care the most about it is why I like games like Rage 1 a lot, looks kind of shitty but I feel the game is fun same goes for some crappy made horror games such as Daymare 1987.

On 13.5.2022 at 11:49 PM, Lonemankane said:

It might cost more than 500 to make said console but I feel it shouldn't matter. Sony has the power to buy out devs like the drop of a hat I feel they could bite the bullet and sell it cheaper like how they did with the ps3 and make a longer term profit now granted it was due to the backlash but still. How I view it is they put it out too early when covid was high and didn't give a shit about changing the price. How if I ran it would be to make more of the consoles make sure it works well and so on and then put it out there with a number of fresh new games after that make it cheaper than xbox to make it where ps5 would be worth the price.

As for me a long term profit is a way better model than getting the money here and now as you please the customers and a happy customer would be willing to buy more for said console. Just look at ps2 when it came out, when it came out it was at least in the uk around £180 to 200 if you got games or not with it. once you had gotten the console and so on you would want to buy more games but due to the only memory card you get is 8mb you have to buy another if the game sucks up a lot on there (Looking at you The Thing) and a memory card cost about 20 on its own pricy yes but still. you can kind of get what I mean.

Ps3 done the same thing but it was due to the backlash and so on but they made back their profit in the long run with ps plus when it was made for just new games. Ps home clothes and other things gotten in there and game sales and move and so on and so on.

For me it feels like sony just wants money here and now and gives zero fucks how to milk the customers dry. I never like to come off like a penny pincher but you kind of have to nowadays if you want to play a game that is not buggy or has problems or just flat out might not be your thing.

But on the topic of Dead Space remake. am glad it is coming back I just hate it is coming to only ps5 only just like how alan wake 2 is only going to be on ps5 as for me looks and so on I give no shits about unless it hurts my eyes I don't care for the looks of the game but game play I care the most about it is why I like games like Rage 1 a lot, looks kind of shitty but I feel the game is fun same goes for some crappy made horror games such as Daymare 1987.

I get your point. Bad news for you is, that there is absolutely no reason at all to reduce the price for the ps5 since all available ps5s are sold out within minutes. PS3 was a complete different story. They had a bunch of consoles in stock but only a few would buy them, because it was way more expensive than a xbox360. Nowadays the demand is huge because people don't care about the 500 bucks, but the supply lacks and there are not enough consoles available.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...