Game of Crone DLC Trophy Thoughts?

KristanWoodtail

I think it sucks (and no I haven't played it)

my problem is, the first DLC never got on sale, not even once since it's release and now it's not only 10 euro, it's double the price for all the dlc combined...

there is also now a collector's edition and an ultimate collector's edition... what a scam

10 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

I think it sucks (and no I haven't played it)

my problem is, the first DLC never got on sale, not even once since it's release and now it's not only 10 euro, it's double the price for all the dlc combined...

there is also now a collector's edition and an ultimate collector's edition... what a scam

It's a scam because it's not been on sale...

That's not a 'scam'. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

It's a scam because it's not been on sale...

That's not a 'scam'. 

I'm not talking about the sale here, I'm talking about the "collector's" and "ultimate collector's" edition

the collector's edition went down to 10 bucks, same price as the dlc while the dlc doesn't go down once

IF the ultimate goes down to a reasonable price some time in the future and the dlc will not, it sucks in my opinion because I can't buy those editions (because I already own the base game) and I need to pay the full price for the dlc. it's a punishment for those wo bought the game before any dlc came out. might not be a scam, but it's definitely scummy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alaquia said:

I'm not talking about the sale here, I'm talking about the "collector's" and "ultimate collector's" edition

the collector's edition went down to 10 bucks, same price as the dlc while the dlc doesn't go down once

IF the ultimate goes down to a reasonable price some time in the future and the dlc will not, it sucks in my opinion because I can't buy those editions (because I already own the base game) and I need to pay the full price for the dlc. it's a punishment for those wo bought the game before any dlc came out. might not be a scam, but it's definitely scummy

Didn't realise it stopped you from buying the collection if you own a portion of it. That's poop. It's a pain, but you could create a second account on your PS console and buy the collection there for the lower price, set the account as a primary, then play it on your main account. It's not a solution but it allows you to buy and play for a lower price.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Didn't realise it stopped you from buying the collection if you own a portion of it. That's poop. It's a pain, but you could create a second account on your PS console and buy the collection there for the lower price, set the account as a primary, then play it on your main account. It's not a solution but it allows you to buy and play for a lower price.

that's a neat idea, I didn't think of that. thanks ;)

• Like 1

I've completed the dlc on xbox and the list isn't too bad. Most are story related that you'll get just by progressing. At least one missable.

Refuge camp isn't very demanding... mostly waiting around (similar to the tavern I guess). If you aren't in end game it might be more difficult... because you have to have them loaded up with food and water (any type, it just has to provide so much energy per refuge per day)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicklesminer said:

I've completed the dlc on xbox and the list isn't too bad. Most are story related that you'll get just by progressing. At least one missable.

Refuge camp isn't very demanding... mostly waiting around (similar to the tavern I guess). If you aren't in end game it might be more difficult... because you have to have them loaded up with food and water (any type, it just has to provide so much energy per refuge per day)

Can you do the refuge stuff from an existing save? I finished the main game and first DLC a couple of months ago. Can I load up that save and start the camp stuff or do I need ot start a new game to go through the new DLC properly?

I stopped playing the game recently, (not long in admittedly) because of the dlc. I got annoyed at the pricing and versions @Alaquia mentioned.

I mean the game is ok, not a world beater but its ok, but im not 100% i'll go back unless i can the dlc's all cheap and nice. (Obvs i know the new dlc wont go cheap for a while)

For the record, the trophies look solid enough on the new dlc. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 8:33 AM, gdsoccer11 said:

Can you do the refuge stuff from an existing save? I finished the main game and first DLC a couple of months ago. Can I load up that save and start the camp stuff or do I need ot start a new game to go through the new DLC properly?

It looks like you can.  I finished all DLC's last year, and had a save from that time, so have everything built and a crapload of money/items.  All I had to do is download the update, and go to bed.  After that I was able to start all 3 new quests.

Here's a good walkthrough for the DLC.  Read the 3'rd page as there are some missable ones towards the end.

Here's a link to the actual trophy requirements.

TL;DR; - save and upload your save to cloud or USB, right before you build an observation tower.

EDIT: I got 100% but a word of caution, the game did crash on me a couple times (PS5), so make sure you go to bed often so you don't need to replay long sections again.

Edited by Eternal21
  • Like 2