100 hours and 260000 Caspo

You

Trick seems to be using CaptainCommando.

I completed the Time Challenge for Captain Commando and it gave me 260,000 CASPO, way more than the 50,000 needed. Is likely to work for any game that allows you to continue and not have to go back to a checkpoint any scrolling beat-em-up no doubt is best.

For 100 hours trophy do the following

- Start Captain commando on 3 or 4 player cabinet

- Give yourself hundreds of lives by repeatedly inserting credits (you can get about 256 but it only registers 99)

- Join in and don't move, you will lose a life from timer timeout every 3-5 minutes

- Go and watch Lord Of The Rings DVD trilogy and all the Harry Potters, six times.....

Save your game every now and then, I went for a walk and then a shower and when I came back I had 12 hours in total, but the trophy for 10 hours played didn't pop until I saved my game and went back to the main cabinet selection as I was about to play Street Fighter II.

Stupid grindy trophies. But doing the 1 credit challenges are fun though, I keep dying on Sagat on Street FIghter II but even getting that far, only gives me 27000 Caspo....

[edit] My best score on Captain Commando has been 320000+

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Even better for the 100 hour trophy:

Captain Commando - Instead of doing what you did, just start a 1 player game (must be Time Challenge!) and literally sit there. You will die as usual and after about 15 minutes, you get the Game Over screen. When the CASPO earned screen pops up, literally do NOTHING and stay on this screen. For whatever reason, the game still thinks you are in playing and keeps the clock running. I literally left my PS4 on for 3 days straight while I went and did everything else: eat, sleep, went out, played PS3 or Vita, etc.

You can double check this trick by checking the clock on the stats screen (hit Triangle while choosing a game to play). It should be going up, I would do a quick hour of just sitting on the CASPO screen to test it. ?

Edited by agorazUHD
Underlined info
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

Even better for the 100 hour trophy:

Captain Commando - Instead of doing what you did, just start a 1 player game and literally sit there. You will die as usual and after about 15 minutes, you get the Game Over screen. When the CASPO earned screen pops up, literally do NOTHING and stay on this screen. For whatever reason, the game still thinks you are in playing and keeps the clock running. I literally left my PS4 on for 3 days straight while I went and did everything else: eat, sleep, went out, played PS3 or Vita, etc.

You can double check this trick by checking the clock on the stats screen (hit Triangle while choosing a game to play). It should be going up, I would do a quick hour of just sitting on the CASPO screen to test it. 1f44d.png

That's interesting. In that case, surely that would mean the gameover of any game would work?

I haven't tried yet but do you have any tips for 100 and 1000 plays. I haven't looked into it yet since I only just started playing and only bought pack 2 (since I have almost all the other games on pack 1 and pack 3 already)

I wonder if

- dying over and over again can be done using the rewind

- dying and joining in on the same game counts

- start a game and then immediately exiting counts as one gameover

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

That's interesting. In that case, surely that would mean the gameover of any game would work?

I haven't tried yet but do you have any tips for 100 and 1000 plays. I haven't looked into it yet since I only just started playing and only bought pack 2 (since I have almost all the other games on pack 1 and pack 3 already)

I wonder if

- dying over and over again can be done using the rewind

- dying and joining in on the same game counts

- start a game and then immediately exiting counts as one gameover

It's a bit of a grind, but all you have to do is option #3 on your list: just start a New Game, then exit back to the game selection screen through the pause menu. No need to get a Game Over screen, but you need to start a new game each time, loading games from save won't work.

EDIT: Not sure about the game over for every screen. I forgot to mention, this Game Over trick NEEDS to be done in Time Challenge mode for Captain Commando. Regular games won't work.

Edited by agorazUHD
More info
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

It's a bit of a grind, but all you have to do is option #3 on your list: just start a New Game, then exit back to the game selection screen through the pause menu. No need to get a Game Over screen, but you need to start a new game each time, loading games from save won't work.

EDIT: Not sure about the game over for every screen. I forgot to mention, this Game Over trick NEEDS to be done in Time Challenge mode for Captain Commando. Regular games won't work.

Hmm yeah, that's what I thought.

I was using the regular Captain Commando gameplay. Your method is good also but I like being able to save the game whenever you like.

So I can play Street Fighter II and then load up my save for Captain Commando later without needing to do any extra setup.

It's genuinely kinda handy for just when you need a break from playing, to just load up the Captain Commando and easily leave it going while you're getting on life.

I might try 1943 and see if you can set it up for 1 life on hardest and then just kill yourself immediately and see if it counts as a play. Then you could just sit and press start every 30-60 seconds (or however long it takes to die)

Either way, playing a game 1000 times, just seems stupid idea. If you were playing proper full sessions (of about 20-30 minutes per game) you'd be racking up hundreds of hours going for 1000 plays.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

On 2021-06-22 at 10:12 PM, enaysoft said:

Hmm yeah, that's what I thought.

I was using the regular Captain Commando gameplay. Your method is good also but I like being able to save the game whenever you like.

So I can play Street Fighter II and then load up my save for Captain Commando later without needing to do any extra setup.

It's genuinely kinda handy for just when you need a break from playing, to just load up the Captain Commando and easily leave it going while you're getting on life.

I might try 1943 and see if you can set it up for 1 life on hardest and then just kill yourself immediately and see if it counts as a play. Then you could just sit and press start every 30-60 seconds (or however long it takes to die)

Either way, playing a game 1000 times, just seems stupid idea. If you were playing proper full sessions (of about 20-30 minutes per game) you'd be racking up hundreds of hours going for 1000 plays.

Yeah the Time Trial Challenge mode is a one time game, but really it just requires you sit at the first screen, die, eventually get Game Over, and leave it at the CASPO screen for the required 100 hours. You can easily back out of it, check the time, and re-do it again. If leaving the PS4 on all the time is a problem (heat wise mine was good, I have the slim, but some might have the older model) then you can easily quit the game, save the progress to a Cloud Save, and come back whenever.

The starting and backing out of a game IS a bit tedious, but it was the only real quick way I could manage it. You are right though, normal play of 1000 games would drag on WAY more than 100 hours if done the regular way. For 1943, I would just start a regular game, fly into all enemies to die quick, start again. I'm not sure if a 'Continue' is considered a game, I know loading a save won't work.

Edited by agorazUHD
  • Like 1