Toxic Troll in Messaging

I tend to have fun with those kind of messages. A while ago I got "serious" threats over winning a game of Worms and I simply replied : " I think I'm starting to falling in love with you" and dude just gave up...

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

My most recent message was "I hope your kid gets cancer" because I'm a moderator here and they are flagged on the leaderboard.

Well, I'm not flagged yet, so I hope your kid gets a decent education :)

Never feed the trolls, the moment you reply with hate towards them, you lose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

My most recent message was "I hope your kid gets cancer" because I'm a moderator here and they are flagged on the leaderboard.

I hope your kid didn't in fact get cancer? 

1 hour ago, Ragtag_Dude said:

Well, I'm not flagged yet, so I hope your kid gets a decent education :)

But only decent. Anything more is just being greedy.

But anyway, I've messed around enough. I've gotten a few messages, though none so nasty as these. Probably the funniest one was when I was invaded in Dark Souls 2. I won the battle (which happens more often than not, though I'm not great), and I got a message from the vanquished saying, "What - did you get your dad to help you?"

In my PS3 multiplayer gaming days, I used to receive so much PSN hate mail that I eventually just blocked messages from non-friends entirely in the privacy options. Haven't switched it back on since, and my life/sanity has been all the better for it.

• Like 1

When I boosted Red Dead Redemption early this year the group leader I was with gave a specific name towards somebody that he despised. Turns out this person was deliberately trying to wreck the boosting sessions, which I wasn't even aware of because this happened before I started boosting the game myself.

Really, it all depends on the types of people you're with, whether you're online or even when you're out in the real world. We had a full group of people (16 people) for the Kingpin trophy in Red Dead Redemption, had to get up early in the morning which aren't the hours I'm normally on. Everybody got their trophy in about 25 to 30 minutes, all 16 of us or so and nobody was causing issues.

A bit later during the Advanced Co-op missions I ended up sticking around an extra four to five hours after I finished everything to make sure everyone else had their trophies.

But to make a long story short, this griefer in particular was sending people messages regarding Nazis, including the group leader who made the Red Dead Redemption boosting group. He even sent me some messages, which I then decided to block him. Engaging in that conversation would only mean trouble for me.

• Like 1

I once has a game if battleborn (5v5 heroshooter lol clone thingy) and 2 people from my team left and 2 more did nothing but stand in the base. So i went out there into the 1v5 cause i didnt wonna lose progress on some thibg i already managed to do in that match. After some deaths one of the guys standing in the base doing nothin texted me a quiet extensive text about how bad i play^^

I think the point that everybody has a story has been made. Could we focus on appropriate ways to deal with abuse for the OP instead of driving the above mentioned point into the ground? Frankly, I block and move on myself. You need to get used to the unfortunate fact that some people simply do things to try and make the lives of others harder. If you expose yourself to the masses on the internet, you will inevitably run into more of these people. Try not to take it personally and just don’t give them the attention they are seeking. Good luck!

36 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I think the point that everybody has a story has been made. Could we focus on appropriate ways to deal with abuse for the OP instead of driving the above mentioned point into the ground? Frankly, I block and move on myself. You need to get used to the unfortunate fact that some people simply do things to try and make the lives of others harder. If you expose yourself to the masses on the internet, you will inevitably run into more of these people. Try not to take it personally and just don’t give them the attention they are seeking. Good luck!

The original post isn’t asking for anything. They started a topic about toxic troll messages and gave an example. Other people giving their examples is entirely on topic. 

20 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The original post isn’t asking for anything. They started a topic about toxic troll messages and gave an example. Other people giving their examples is entirely on topic. 

I read the original post and the subsequent ones. If you read mine, I simply made the point that endlessly sharing stories of toxic behavior (and in some cases using inappropriate examples) doesn’t help the OP in the long run. Learning to cope and understand abuse is far more useful than focusing on the negativity itself.