Was so looking forward to this

I just don't like the new graphics. Yes they look decent but something is missing. It's like it has no soul. The new music is also not a patch on the original. It's also filled out with unnecessary story bloat ?.

I feel the developers totally didn't understand what made the original so good.

Oh well I'll probably finish it then go back to my Switch version of the original when I fancy another blast on it.

19 minutes ago, turniplord said:

You can push the shoulder button and the game reverts to the original music and visuals seamlessly.

It's not the same. It's not the original game under the graphics. It's just been made to look like it and it's off. I had to check my switch version just to make sure it wasn't just me.

On 23/06/2021 at 3:11 AM, RedDevil757 said:

It's not the same. It's not the original game under the graphics. It's just been made to look like it and it's off. I had to check my switch version just to make sure it wasn't just me.

You can unlock the original by beating the game once, although I don’t know if it’s 100% identical or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While I haven't played the original I was a big fan of Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, so I was looking forward to it.

Stopped playing after encountering consistent framerate problems in the first level. How do you screw up remaking a 35 year old game?