MitchyTxx

Can't start Mastery Challenges

11 posts in this topic

I am power 430 + have spent over 50 mastery points, I've completed all story arcs (and the uninvited guests quest, obviously). My Mastery Challenge quest tells me to "progress through the main story".

When I use Odin's sight on the NPC, she has a flashing blue/green circle prompting me to interact with her, but I am unable to.

When I travel to Norway, Vinland, or Ireland, my quest updates and tells me to speak to the NPC as if I have have progressed enough through the main story to continue the mastery storyline - but when I travel back to England, it reverts to "progress through the main story"

So frustrated with this game - I can't get the platinum either due to another bug on the "Saint Faith" world event!

I am sorry MitchyTxx, both are known issues to Ubisoft, and apparently for the moment there is no workaround, only wait for a hotfix :(

I've submitted a ticket to Ubisoft Support now for the Mastery Challenge glitch, so hopefully a bit more attention is brought to this!

Edited by MitchyTxx

14 hours ago, MitchyTxx said:

I am power 430 + have spent over 50 mastery points, I've completed all story arcs (and the uninvited guests quest, obviously). My Mastery Challenge quest tells me to "progress through the main story".

When I use Odin's sight on the NPC, she has a flashing blue/green circle prompting me to interact with her, but I am unable to.

When I travel to Norway, Vinland, or Ireland, my quest updates and tells me to speak to the NPC as if I have have progressed enough through the main story to continue the mastery storyline - but when I travel back to England, it reverts to "progress through the main story"

So frustrated with this game - I can't get the platinum either due to another bug on the "Saint Faith" world event!

I had this exact same issue, I tried EVERYTHING to fix it, this is what finally worked for me:

I reloaded a save to before I had started Challenge for the Gods quest or spoken to her at all.

I went into options, controls, then customise controls under the Controller options. Scroll down & under Character, change the Primary Interaction button to X from triangle. 

I have no idea why this worked but it did. When I then initiated the cutscene with her at Ravenstorpe, instead of her throwing me to the floor & it glitching to her walking off then being unable to interact with her at all, (like if had the previous 62782828 times I tried) instead it properly triggered the dialogue & fight sequence I needed to be able to access the challenges.

Once past that part, I saved then changed my interaction button settings back to triangle without issue.

Hope that helps. I’m so sick of this piece of shit game’s buggy bullshit.

6 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

I had this exact same issue, I tried EVERYTHING to fix it, this is what finally worked for me:

I reloaded a save to before I had started Challenge for the Gods quest or spoken to her at all.

I went into options, controls, then customise controls under the Controller options. Scroll down & under Character, change the Primary Interaction button to X from triangle. 

I have no idea why this worked but it did. When I then initiated the cutscene with her at Ravenstorpe, instead of her throwing me to the floor & it glitching to her walking off then being unable to interact with her at all, (like if had the previous 62782828 times I tried) instead it properly triggered the dialogue & fight sequence I needed to be able to access the challenges.

Once past that part, I saved then changed my interaction button settings back to triangle without issue.

Hope that helps. I’m so sick of this piece of shit game’s buggy bullshit.

I'll give that a try later, currently indulged in R&C! Need a break from AC 😆

I have just encountered this bug. 

- I tried the mission after I finished the story and with my latest save and no fight.

- I tried halfway through the Wrath of the Druid DLC and no fight.

- Loaded an earlier save where I just finished the game before completing other areas and no fight. 

This is getting really irritating, even though the thread is in the PS5 forum, I encountered the bug of the PS4 Pro version of the game.  

Edited by AdamWolf86

I had this, but it resolved after I finished a quest. Initially it said to progress in the main story, even though I'd gotten the platinum, but I did the quest where you have to find the woman's brother in Raventhorpe and once it completed, I was able to start the challenges. Try finishing a random quest and see if it resolves. Hope that helps someone, it's a seriously annoying bug

1 hour ago, JEDLander said:

I had this, but it resolved after I finished a quest. Initially it said to progress in the main story, even though I'd gotten the platinum, but I did the quest where you have to find the woman's brother in Raventhorpe and once it completed, I was able to start the challenges. Try finishing a random quest and see if it resolves. Hope that helps someone, it's a seriously annoying bug

Your suggestion was perfect. I did a quest with Randvi and then I could fight the old lady. 

On 19/07/2021 at 4:19 PM, JEDLander said:

Thanks - I will give this a try!

please if youre having issues with this quest report/post any information here on the official ubisoft thread. Any additional information and/or video's would be greatly beneficial and hopefully they fix it soon as they are aware of it. 

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99194/unable-to-progress-in-a-challenge-from-the-gods-post-here/107?lang=en-US

Edited by Phase_32

So something I didn't think about before:

I was able to reload an earlier save of my playthrough where I was at around 200 Power. I quickly leveled up to 221 and started the quest and to my surprise, it actually didn't bug out and I'm now able to play the challenges. 

Worth a shot if you have a earlier save close enough to 221 power! Just make sure you make a manual save before starting the quest in case anything goes wrong!