Rocket League Tips

cosmic-lugger5

Always do training whenever you are waiting to play a game. Try the training packs that you feel would be too hard for you at your current level. I've been playing for years and I still have things to learn, but it's never too late to get better at Rocket League. Another thing is your settings and camera, I would look up what the pros use and mimic their settings the best you can because it is what most people use as they progress higher in the ranks. What is your rank btw?

Don't be afraid to "ball chase" because that is one way to actually get better, but keep in mind that you have to remember that your teammates will not always agree with what you do on the field. That being said, you can either take the initiative and always go for the ball or play around to how your teammates play. Playing around your teammates is a must as you get better but ball chasing  is a good way for new people to understand how the game works on the field. Lmk if you want more advice, I literally play this game everyday for some reason, but it is addicting lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toothboss said:

Always do training whenever you are waiting to play a game. Try the training packs that you feel would be too hard for you at your current level. I've been playing for years and I still have things to learn, but it's never too late to get better at Rocket League. Another thing is your settings and camera, I would look up what the pros use and mimic their settings the best you can because it is what most people use as they progress higher in the ranks. What is your rank btw?

Don't be afraid to "ball chase" because that is one way to actually get better, but keep in mind that you have to remember that your teammates will not always agree with what you do on the field. That being said, you can either take the initiative and always go for the ball or play around to how your teammates play. Playing around your teammates is a must as you get better but ball chasing  is a good way for new people to understand how the game works on the field. Lmk if you want more advice, I literally play this game everyday for some reason, but it is addicting lol.

I am on Level 12.

For starters play the game in 1vs1 mode. IMHO its easier since you dont have to deal with too many cars getting in your way. Train some moves, get the feeling for how the ball will bounce, etc.

also, choose a car that suits you. Personally i could not play with those flat race cars. the Buggies are easier to handle and you get better control over whee the ball will fly. 

i think there are still a lot of "not so good" people in the game. 

so keep at it and try harder?

Rocket League is the definition of "easy to play but hard to master"

Edited by VaDiMkA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VaDiMkA said:

For starters play the game in 1vs1 mode. IMHO its easier since you dont have to deal with too many cars getting in your way. Train some moves, get the feeling for how the ball will bounce, etc.

also, choose a car that suits you. Personally i could not play with those flat race cars. the Buggies are easier to handle and you get better control over whee the ball will fly. 

i think there are still a lot of "not so good" people in the game. 

so keep at it and try harder?

your advice is perfect, lol forgot to mention cars. The "best" car in the game is the Octane, everyone uses it and it is very balanced it terms of its hit box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toothboss said:

your advice is perfect, lol forgot to mention cars. The "best" car in the game is the Octane, everyone uses it and it is very balanced it terms of its hit box.

Yeah, i played with some dudes and this came up..

Also, on team matches (3vs3), try to "read" the game. 

If your 2 teammates are up front attacking, stay back and guard the goal. Lots of times the ball bounces back and you get a good straight shot.

Or, if on of your teammates runs the ball on one wall towards the enemies goal, slow down and try to guess where the ball might land. 

Its kinda hard to discribe...

10 minutes ago, cosmic-lugger5 said:

I am on Level 12.

If you´re on level 12, just keep playing, but DO NOT play ranked ( I would not at least). Its hard. Stay with the 1vs1 or 2vs2 casual matches until you feel you win lots of games/dont do lots of mistakes. 3vs3 is often chaotic, and chances are you encounter a total noob or a troll are higher. 

19 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

If you´re on level 12, just keep playing, but DO NOT play ranked ( I would not at least). Its hard. Stay with the 1vs1 or 2vs2 casual matches until you feel you win lots of games/dont do lots of mistakes. 3vs3 is often chaotic, and chances are you encounter a total noob or a troll are higher. 

Rocket League doesn't explain everything to you during the tutorial. I am shocked to see that the game had 75 million players before it went free-to-play.

2 hours ago, cosmic-lugger5 said:

Rocket League doesn't explain everything to you during the tutorial. I am shocked to see that the game had 75 million players before it went free-to-play.

Yeah, the tutorial is useless. 

"To win, you have to score a goal.

To move forward, push the left stick forward.

To jump, jump."

But since the game is still popular, there are enough new players or just casual guys who dont play on international pro Level :) 

Personally i had trouble on ranked, but the only thing that screws casual mode is the occasional leaver or troll. 

Like all online games, sometimes its frustrating..