Legend of Mana trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

That trophy for "playing" the game on No Future mode is vague. If it's gonna be like Persona 5 Strikers where you just have to start the game to get the trophy, that's one thing, but if you have to actually beat the game on this mode, it's gonna be rough.

Doesn't look too bad otherwise. It could have followed the pattern of previous Mana games that required you to get every weapon, piece of armor, etc.

Edited by yuber1234
Typo

Great game focus on this, placament for your dungeons

unknown.png

Missable Events/Failable Events

Spoiler

Two events in the town of Domina are missable altogether if you do not provide the correct levels of Mana to the town (usually done by placing the Mana Tree next to it near the end of the game, but possible otherwise with planning). Peewee Birdie and Seeing Double are the names of these events, and they require three wisp and three shade in Domina. Three Salamander might also be necessary for one or the other.

One event (Wimpy Thugling) in Duma Desert can be missed if the event Blessed Elixer is ignored and Duma Desert is not given three Dryad Mana.

If you go to the cafe in Geo before completing the Gilbert missions up to Gilbert: School Amour, the game will automatically start Gilbert:School Amour and not allow the player to start the previous missions.

If you select the wrong options in Gilbert: Resume for Love, Gilbert will explode and you will fail the mission.

If you start Cosmo before starting Gilbert: Resume for Love, Gilbert disappears.

If you select the wrong options during Peewee Birdie, or talk to Peewee 10+ times, he will explode and you will fail the mission. (I'm sensing a theme here)

If you reenter Gato for any reason after completing Flame of Hope, Daena is no longer in Domina for you to start Gaeus's Wisdom.

If you leave the map during Pokeihl: Dream Teller, or Diddle Had It, you fail those missions. (?)

If you complete Catchin Lilipeas before starting Where's Putty and (possibly?) Little Cactus and Diddle Had It, you lose access to those missions.

Treasure Map and Nordic Snowfield both have failure options. One is timed, the other is a sort of exploration puzzle with a tiny bit of RNG at the end.

Buried Treasure will not start unless you have, for some godawful reason, smashed 20 crabs at the beach.

If you dont talk with Alex in geo shop, before kill sandra Alex will vanish

https://legendofmana.info/walkthrough/events/

Edited by Nyky_Leonhart
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

That trophy for "playing" the game on No Future mode is vague

I've also been wondering about that meaning. If I had to guess, I'm thinking just starting the game on No Future Mode and it will pop, but if you do have to finish the game, we'll have to temper the best equipment, right? That will take a long, long time, but thankfully, we can also turn random battles off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nyky_Leonhart said:

Buried Treasure will not start unless you have, for some godawful reason, smashed 20 crabs at the beach.

Which is convenient as to get the platinum, you have to smash 32 crabs to get a trophy. :P

I've been through this rodeo before, Legend of Mana was one of my faves during the PSX era - never really went hyper otaku over FFVII unlike 99% of the populace - so I played through it three times before I got rid of the game and replaced my PSX with PS2 so this is not too bad for me. Considering you can do all of the questlines in one playthrough with the right artifact placement, then 67 events is not a bad thing. But thanks for the warnings: I remember my first original LoM run and I accidentally triggered Gilbert School Amour and never realized that Gilbert the centaur had hit on other girls because I never got the quests for him wooing the siren girl(whose name I forgot). xD

Good thing that the only 100% system you have to do is grow all of the produce, thought that is sort of RNG. Need to plat Trials of Mana but I will get on this game ASAP since I got it already.

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Does anyone recall if Lil Cactus leaves before you can record an event, if you miss out on that record?

IIRC, yes. If you're trying to get 100% of his records, you have to report to him after every single misson.

5 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Does anyone recall if Lil Cactus leaves before you can record an event, if you miss out on that record?

If you are talking about "Daddy's Broom", he does leave but after he comes back(after talking to Liza), you can talk to him right after he tells you about the broom and get the last quest recorded in the diary. I don't know about the quest where he goes off on his own adventure, though. Not that far yet.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2021 at 1:22 AM, winter_bird_22 said:

If you are talking about "Daddy's Broom", he does leave but after he comes back(after talking to Liza), you can talk to him right after he tells you about the broom and get the last quest recorded in the diary. I don't know about the quest where he goes off on his own adventure, though. Not that far yet.

Thanks! Yeah I got paranoid when he left and I didn't remember off the top of my head and the same for the other quest, not far enough yet haven't triggered it

14 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Thanks! Yeah I got paranoid when he left and I didn't remember off the top of my head and the same for the other quest, not far enough yet haven't triggered it

That would be the event named after him. That you have to watch out for. If you see Bud lying on the floor, don't talk to him until you're ready to start that event because Li'l Cactus won't be returning until you complete that event and if you do so, talking to him overrides the last quest so you are unable to get that quest in the diary if you didn't talk to him before starting Li'l Cactus, and you're screwed until New Game+. Luckily, even if you talk to Bud, you then have to talk to Lisa who will mention the fortune teller Meimei and then talk to Meimei in Domina Market to make Li'l Cactus leave so if you talk to Li'l Cactus before talking to Meimei after talking to Liza AFTER talking to Bud when he's sick, you're safe.

Anyways, JUST got the platinum for this game, which is my first Ultra Rare! (At least until the end of the summer if more people play it and they should, it's a great game.)

I am going to save you people a lot of pain...

Tlak to Mark(the guy wearing armor to look a stag beetle who lives in Domina) when his wife is running the item shop. You have to do so to get the Equipment encyclopedia, and you need that, the Produce Encyclopedia(given to you by Trent after you harvest a few fruits from his branches) and the Item Encyclopedia(from Mark's wife, but you have to talk to her when Mark is running the item shop) as well as filling every entry in the Techniques, Monsters, Lands, Artifacts and Characters encyclopedias. I missed the Equipment Encyclopedia and went to kill the final boss without knowing about this so I didn't get the trophy for 100% encyclopedias until my brief New Game+ stint. Luckily, after placing Domina a second time, I found Mark at home so I got the book from him right away. You also have to enter the encyclopedia menu in your library after you get 100% in all the books (and I think you need the Forbidden Tome as well - as I said, I missed the equipment book before fighting the final boss so I can't say for certain if said Forbidden Tome needs to be there) to get the trophy to pop.

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 2

After reading all these comments it sounds fairly easy in terms of difficultly but just have to be constantly weary of missable quests/tasks. Any idea on how long of a plat this one is? 

Either way I'll likely get this at some point. Currently I have a backlog of backlogs so it might be a while, though it'll likely be on sale when I'm ready. Thanks for the info all, loved the other Mana games, I'm sure this no different. If no one else beats me to the punch, which will likely be months from now, who knows, I might try making my second Mana trophy guide. Good luck all

On 6/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, LordBilbanes said:

Yeah.  Skipping this game on PS4.  Will pick it up on Steam.  It sounds like some of the trophies will be frustrating to get and I don't particularly like how gold heavy the list is.

Why would you dislike a gold-heavy list?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Champ147 said:

After reading all these comments it sounds fairly easy in terms of difficultly but just have to be constantly weary of missable quests/tasks. Any idea on how long of a plat this one is? 

Either way I'll likely get this at some point. Currently I have a backlog of backlogs so it might be a while, though it'll likely be on sale when I'm ready. Thanks for the info all, loved the other Mana games, I'm sure this no different. If no one else beats me to the punch, which will likely be months from now, who knows, I might try making my second Mana trophy guide. Good luck all

25 hours using the quests event guide, lot of things are missable due to "chat" with right NPC's and pick the right option, or go to right place. There are a 2 small grind, are there are a RNG grind, just like another manas.  Im sure you will love this game too.  Also there are a anime coming from this game it will be called Legend of mana tear drop, cant tell more because it will be spoiler of one side quest xD 

Edited by Nyky_Leonhart

2 hours ago, Nyky_Leonhart said:

Some Abilities and Special Techniques have new names watch for it if following a old guide. 

Yes Marble Stream became Marvelous Stream, and there's a few others I've noticed so far. Only mastered techniques for knives, 1H Sword and 2H Sword so far so cnt say for the other weapons.

Are there any other missable entries besides this Alex individual who from what I read is also in Geo? I made sure to go back and get Deathbringer 2 which I think his level makes him seem like a hard fight (he was 60 I was 32) and still whooped his ass. Been struggling to find a Flat Seed for the Pee Wee quest but other than that I've making decent progress here and there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

They're much more valuable than bronze and silver trophies and as such should be proportionally rarer.  Having a game with five to seven gold trophies cheapens their value.

The values are pretty much redundant these days anyways. Theres plenty of games where you can just buy 11golds and a platinum.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Yes Marble Stream became Marvelous Stream, and there's a few others I've noticed so far. Only mastered techniques for knives, 1H Sword and 2H Sword so far so cnt say for the other weapons.

Are there any other missable entries besides this Alex individual who from what I read is also in Geo? I made sure to go back and get Deathbringer 2 which I think his level makes him seem like a hard fight (he was 60 I was 32) and still whooped his ass. Been struggling to find a Flat Seed for the Pee Wee quest but other than that I've making decent progress here and there.

I had no problem on fights i crafted the excalibur :P  355 atk sword, Alex is in geo he sell mineral but after X event he will be gone during Elazul quest line

E46fn8gX0AEPdsr.png

Here is the itens for this sword, most you can buy on shop, dragon blood is the hard to get. you can use silver coin no problem glow and chaos crystal buy um luminera

Forge Ishe 2H Sword with Ishe Platinum

Glow Crystal x3
Dryad Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Aura Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Shade Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Wisp Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Undine Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Gnome Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Chaos Crystal x1
Salamander Coin x2
Glow Crystal x2
Chaos Crystal x1
Salanader Coin x1
Glow Crystal x3
Chaos Crystal x1
Jinn Coin x2
Glow Crystal x2
Chaos Crystal x1
Jinn Coin x1
Glow Crystal x2
Pine O'Clock x1
Little Eye x1
Dragon Blood x2
Dragon Breath x1
Dragon Blood x1
Holy Water x5
Dragon Breath x1
Giant's Horn x1

Also you will need something like 80k lucre you can craft wind cap and forge with 4 clear feather then you will make a cap that sell for 26k 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyky_Leonhart said:

I had no problem on fights i crafted the excalibur :P  355 atk sword, Alex is in geo he sell mineral but after X event he will be gone during Elazul quest line

E46fn8gX0AEPdsr.png

Here is the itens for this sword, most you can buy on shop, dragon blood is the hard to get. you can use silver coin no problem glow and chaos crystal buy um luminera

Forge Ishe 2H Sword with Ishe Platinum

Glow Crystal x3
Dryad Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Aura Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Shade Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Wisp Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Undine Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Gnome Coin x2
Glow Crystal x3
Chaos Crystal x1
Salamander Coin x2
Glow Crystal x2
Chaos Crystal x1
Salanader Coin x1
Glow Crystal x3
Chaos Crystal x1
Jinn Coin x2
Glow Crystal x2
Chaos Crystal x1
Jinn Coin x1
Glow Crystal x2
Pine O'Clock x1
Little Eye x1
Dragon Blood x2
Dragon Breath x1
Dragon Blood x1
Holy Water x5
Dragon Breath x1
Giant's Horn x1

Also you will need something like 80k lucre you can craft wind cap and forge with 4 clear feather then you will make a cap that sell for 26k 

I think I should still be good? Ive only done 2 quests for the Pearl/Elazul line (the cave and the tower)