Just awesome!

Wade_VC

I have had this game sitting on the shelf forever, and only started playing it the other day.

Man, what an awesome game this is proving to be!

The storyline, gameplay, graphics, weapons...everything about this game is, to me, just awesome. I like the fact that the game requires some "out-of-the-box" thinking to complete some tasks, such as chaining together inert sticky bombs to clear a passage.

Who else here has played this, and what did you think of it?

As for me, this will be one I will try to Platinum!

I cannot rate this game highly enough. It was pure joy from start to finish and left me wanting more by the end. I'm so glad that they've left multiplayer out of Darksiders 2 as I feel they should make individual games for each horseman then a 5th game with all 4 of them with multiplayer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot rate this game highly enough. It was pure joy from start to finish and left me wanting more by the end. I'm so glad that they've left multiplayer out of Darksiders 2 as I feel they should make individual games for each horseman then a 5th game with all 4 of them with multiplayer.

I can't find the article again, but I read that THQ and Vigil were prolly gonna stop after the horseman Death because they didn't feel the sales were going to be high enough to warrant another sequel. Maybe it'd be too hard to come up with a story for Famine or Pestilence.

I loved this game and thought it didn't get enough credit. This was the closest thing to a Zelda game on the PS3 that I have played.

Couldn't agree more. I wish Nintendo would stop making consoles and go strictly software. I'd love to earn some trophies for kicking Ganon's ass.

• 2 weeks later...

After almost 63 hours and earning my Platinum on Darksiders, I have to say, without a doubt, this ranks as one of my "Top 10" PS3 games to date.

If anyone has not played this gem, do yourself a favor and go out and buy it now...you will not regret it in the least!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wasn't sure I was going to download it of PS+, but now I'm glad I did, when starting it almost instantly reminded me of GoW, which isn't a bad thing at all, this game is defintly worth your time, no longer free though, but if you had the sense to mark it when it was and didn't download it, now is the time and then of to do some slashing, offcourse there are things that could be better, but the overall score is defintly in the high end.

//WhiteWolf

• 7 years later...
On 6/13/2012 at 11:53 PM, ShadowGandalf said:

I got this free on PS+. So far i've only played a bit on my alt account. I'm not really enjoying it. I think it's just not my style. I may go a bit further with it, but... i can't see myself going through to the end.

I doubt you'll see this almost 8 years later, but boy am I glad not to be the only one who doesn't enjoy this game at all. I'm now in the Black Throne area and I'm really looking forward to the end of it.

That's seriously one of the least fun games I've played recently. I don't mind the dated graphics, but everything is just so boring or frustrating : I don't like backtracking collectibles, I don't like the endless succession of tedious puzzles and enemy-filled arenas, I don't like the heavily scripted bosses, I don't like the gloomy atmosphere and the complete lack of humor, and finally the overall plot is lackluster.

I find also the game to be extremely similar to the first God of War (like, close to plagiarism), which I didn't hate as much but certainly didn't enjoy either. So yeah, definitely not our style. ?

1 hour ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I doubt you'll see this almost 8 years later, but boy am I glad not to be the only one who doesn't enjoy this game at all. I'm now in the Black Throne area and I'm really looking forward to the end of it.

That's seriously one of the least fun games I've played recently. I don't mind the dated graphics, but everything is just so boring or frustrating : I don't like backtracking collectibles, I don't like the endless succession of tedious puzzles and enemy-filled arenas, I don't like the heavily scripted bosses, I don't like the gloomy atmosphere and the complete lack of humor, and finally the overall plot is lackluster.

I find also the game to be extremely similar to the first God of War (like, close to plagiarism), which I didn't hate as much but certainly didn't enjoy either. So yeah, definitely not our style. 1f609.png

It may be 8 years later but I still hang around. But yeah I never did finish this game or play any of its sequels.

This game is indeed a jewel ❤

While it might be controversial, i find it takes the best elements of an old school zelda game mixed up with god of war - like mechanics, and sets it in an apocalyptic setting, which can never be wrong.

It can be said that it kinda copycats, but what's wrong with that if you make it better. Kinda like a wopper for your big mac ?? (just my opinion, don't vilify me if yours differs)

Only sad thing is that they tried to change it up for 2, i just can't get into it! Too open world, just loses the pace...

Long story short, one great game not to miss! Hope they remaster it on ps5 so i can plat it for a 3rd time!

On 4/5/2020 at 2:58 PM, colia100 said:

This game is indeed a jewel 2764.png

While it might be controversial, i find it takes the best elements of an old school zelda game mixed up with god of war - like mechanics, and sets it in an apocalyptic setting, which can never be wrong.

It can be said that it kinda copycats, but what's wrong with that if you make it better. Kinda like a wopper for your big mac 1f354.png1f60d.png (just my opinion, don't vilify me if yours differs)

Only sad thing is that they tried to change it up for 2, i just can't get into it! Too open world, just loses the pace...

Long story short, one great game not to miss! Hope they remaster it on ps5 so i can plat it for a 3rd time!

Haha, well I didn't know Darksiders 2 was so different and you actually got me interested in it. I'll have a (cautious) look some day, once I'm done with this one (which I certainly won't plat a second time, let alone a third time)

• 4 weeks later...

I’m going for my clean up Platinum run.

Started the game back in 2010, when i borrowed from a friend. I just finished the game for fun and when i returned him the game, he offered me to buy for very cheap. I did and kept in my collection so i could platinum some time later.

Well, almost 10 years after and with the PS5 at the door, im going for the last 10 trophies. 

Edited by Nego_Brown_

• 1 year later...

Guess this thread is shared with the warmastered edition. Its still downloading for me but I was able to try the first chapter. 

I wasn't expecting anything major from a remaster, but I loved the game on original release and for the PS4 its always super cheap and I had to grab it today. 

In the past the remaster trick has never worked on me. I buy them if they still play well, especially for a 10+ year old game, but the luck o' paint trick never works with me, and the remaster looks no different to the game on its original release without an indepth side by side comparison. But the moment the game lets you control War, I was actually stunned at how vibrant and updated it looks. Its not 2022 impressive but you can tell they actually did some work on this. Then I moved him and killed the first enemies and ooooooooo that was some super smooth movement. I've never really felt the impact of 60fps games, but on a 4K TV and all the updated touches I'm now even more impatient for this game to get fully downloaded so I can go through it all over again.