Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut (August 20, 2021)

ziggypossum

3 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Hope that doesn't mean more trophies for the main game. Wouldn't want to touch that again.

They said in the blog that the new expansion adds trophies to the PS5 and PS4 stacks - if you don't want to play it again, don't... nobody is forcing you to buy the DLC and play it.

To the person a few up, it's a paid-for add on but the structure is a bit silly.

If you have it on PS4 then it's $20 to buy the DLC or $30 to upgrade to the PS5 edition with the DLC included.

If you buy the $20 version then decide you want it on PS5 later, you can pay an additional $10 to get it on PS5

Or, you can just buy the whole thing on PS5 for $70

You can also import your save and continue, so if you're after a quick and easy platinum trophy pop, it'll cost you $30 if you own it on the PS4

• Like 1

I thought I no longer had to worry about the 100% in this game. :|

Anyway, it’s a popular game, so it’s not that surprising that they want to milk it. I don’t mind the expansion or going back into the game, especially because the open-world is so gorgeous, almost in a magical way. However, I will definitely wait for a sale to upgrade my vanilla GoT.

The best news for me is the free update they will add to Legends, with a new mode! In terms of gameplay, I actually liked Legends more than the main game. I hope it’s still a co-op mode, not competitive.

Even though it sucks that there is no free upgrade to the ps5 version but with the upgrade price they are not forcing you to pay full price again. I loved this game and I would have had no problem paying full price to play the game on the ps5 with more gameplay. I probably will earn the platinum again without the save transfer as I loved exploring the game the first time. Hopefully the multiplayer trophies are separate again.

On 7/1/2021 at 0:02 PM, Carol said:

I thought I no longer had to worry about the 100% in this game. :|

Anyway, it’s a popular game, so it’s not that surprising that they want to milk it. I don’t mind the expansion or going back into the game, especially because the open-world is so gorgeous, almost in a magical way. However, I will definitely wait for a sale to upgrade my vanilla GoT.

The best news for me is the free update they will add to Legends, with a new mode! In terms of gameplay, I actually liked Legends more than the main game. I hope it’s still a co-op mode, not competitive.

I hope they don't add any trophies for the new legends mode though.  Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it a lot, but It was a big enough struggle to get those trophies when you have suspect internet that doesn't play well when connecting with others. 

Only Iki island was mentioned in terms of new trophies, so fingers crossed.  I have a feeling the new mode won't be anything substantial, probably closer to nightmare difficulty stuff.

20 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Please no more Legend crap trophies again. The raids were really obnoxious to do with the forced mic.

It wasn't that bad. Mic is necessary when playing co-op game modes, it requires communication. Also the trophies were fairly easy, all we have to do is play the game.

• Like 2

Although I won’t be purchasing or playing this any time soon, I thought the new island to explore sounds pretty cool! I fully welcome the idea of a separate stand-alone trophy list too, if that happens to be the case, as if there’s one game I’d love to play through and earn all the trophies a second time it would be GoT.

Wonder how they'll handle save transfer. Does anyone know if this will be PS4 > PS5 save sync only, or vice versa too? From the wording in the PS blog...:

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, you’ll be able to transfer your save to PS5 to pick up where you left off (no mention of vice versa).

Rant warning - If it is only PS4 > PS5 feel like the Director's Cut is a perfect example of how flawed PlayStation's double lists for PS4/5 games are, and why Xbox's achievement lists between Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S is a much better system (in 90% of cases, anyway, some third-party developers do double lists - e.g. Control - but its nearly always shared). Appreciate you don't get as many stacks, so it would take longer to accumulate gamerscore/trophies, but you don't have to worry about not playing your content on the best hardware or else doing things twice. I'll rescind my comments if its both ways, but it typically feels like most save transfers are old to new and I haven't seen any mention of it being two ways. I know this technically applies for any DLC for X-gen games now, but these Director's Cuts have sort of re-opened my eyes to the issue.

It does partly depend on the circumstance. On Spiderman - for example - it was fine because the Remastered content was only on PS5, so the one-way save made sense because you didn't have to repeat content, you just had to do the new stuff (<30 mins, I know) on the new hardware. However, I'm pretty sure in this case DLC will get put onto both PS4/5 . This is right from a consumer/content perspective, but if there is only one way save transfer, it's really messy trophy wise - people are going to need to do it on PS4 and thus not get the enhanced PS5 experience, or do it twice, which seems stupid. Think its different if you're buying two stacks on two systems with no cross-save or upgrading involved (i.e. a 'clean new purchase' like a re-release) it makes a bit more sense; e.g. Metro Exodus, I know you're essentially starting from scratch; but in circumstances like this it just seems obtuse.

Thanks for bearing with me on this rant. Out of interest does anyone know why PS are doing seperate lists for PS4 and PS5, as opposed to shared lists like Xbox? Someone on another forum said there was a technical reason, although I didn't understand it. Going to be even worse for Death Stranding's Director's Cut (if there are new trophies) as there seems to be reasonably significant content updates.

Edited by PhantomFear94

On 7/8/2021 at 0:32 PM, NetoStyle said:

It wasn't that bad. Mic is necessary when playing co-op game modes, it requires communication. Also the trophies were fairly easy, all we have to do is play the game.

It wasn't that it was bad.  I actually really enjoyed Legends.  I myself just hate the idea of more online trophies being added, especially after the fact they said Legends was finished.  New modes - that's great, trophies for those new modes ?.

Edited by Snake2410

15 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

It wasn't that it was bad.  I actually really enjoyed Legends.  I myself just hate the idea of more online trophies being added, especially after the fact they said Legends was finished.  New modes - that's great, trophies for those new modes 1f44e.png.

Did they say that the Legends was finished? I didn't know that, I remember when I completed the Raid and there was a dialogue hinting for a new one (on the Rewards/Stats screen)

I'll quote what the Legends narrator said:

"The Ghosts proved that no one in all the realms of the living and the dead could oppose them.

Though, some did try.

But that will be a tale for another time..."

Edited by NetoStyle

2 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

Did they say that the Legends was finished? I didn't know that, I remember when I completed the Raid and there was a dialogue hinting for a new one (on the Rewards/Stats screen)

I'll quote what the Legends narrator said:

They did an interview with the Legends lead developer and Nate Fox shortly after the Raids released where they both said as far as content is concerned Legends was done as of the Raid. There would just be patches, the weekly Nightmare stuff, and maybe cosmetics, which they did release a few.  I forget the source but if I can find it I'll post it. 

It's right around 12:15 or so they talk about the raid as being the climax of the Legends content.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut Iki Island To Reportedly Add 15-20 Hours Of Gameplay

According to a quality assurance tester, the upcoming Iki Island featured in Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will add about 15-20 hours of gameplay into the mix.

Speaking in a post on Reddit, the tester went into a fair bit of detail about the new island featured in Sucker Punch Productions‘ re-release of its epic samurai title. In addition to the actual length, they claimed the size of the island is roughly the same as the bottom half of Tsushima Island, and is home to new wildlife including monkeys, leopards, and squirrels.

Elsewhere, players can expect to encounter new Shrines, new compositions for your flute, and new Mongol enemy types. Torches have also been added, and there’s heavy armor sets to acquire, as well as three new horse arbors and dozens of extra charms.

The tester also discovered a new fighting stance and fresh upgrades for swords and bows, and there’s a volcano located on the island to boot.

Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut is slated for release on PS5 and PS4 on August 20, 2021.

https://www.psu.com/news/ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-iki-island-to-reportedly-add-15-20-hours-of-gameplay/

• 4 weeks later...