Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut (August 20, 2021)

ziggypossum

1 hour ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Sorry to be dumb but does Expandalone mean like a separate list entirely from GoT?

Guessing this is a "stand-alone expansion", meaning a continuation of Tsushima with a separate trophy list. I'm guessing something like Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon or Dead Space Ignition, but using the same gameplay style and perhaps an upgraded engine.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Helyx said:

Guessing this is a "stand-alone expansion", meaning a continuation of Tsushima with a separate trophy list. I'm guessing something like Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon or Dead Space Ignition, but using the same gameplay style and perhaps an upgraded engine.

That would be awesome!

ghostofikishima.com

Ghost Of Ikishima Domain Registered Following Rumors Of Standalone Expansion

A domain for Ghost of Ikishima, the rumored standalone expansion for Sucker Punch Productions’ critically acclaimed PS4 samurai epic, has been registered online.

While nothing official has been confirmed yet and there is no evidence that Sony registered it themselves, the domain for Ghost of Ikishima redirects to the Official PlayStation website. Redirects can be done by anyone, but ghostofikishima.com does redict to the PlayStation game page for the title.

Sony is supposedly hosting a pre-E3 2021 event in early July, where it is expected we’ll be getting a bunch of key reveals, Ghost of Ikishima hopefully among them. It’s also rumored that we’ll see the new God of War game in action, too.

https://www.psu.com/news/ghost-of-ikishima-domain-registered-by-sony-following-rumors-of-standalone-expansion/

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

Looks like "Director's Cut" is the new rebrand for remasters...

How? Death Stranding: Director's Cut will have additional content which has already been teased during Summer Game Fest 2021. It is literally the definition of Director's Cut, not some fancy name for a remaster.

Edited by BloodyRutz

On 6/29/2021 at 4:06 AM, leandrorhcp said:

"Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut" rated by ESRB for PS4/PS5.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37845/Ghost+of+Tsushima%3A+Directors+Cut/

Looks like "Director's Cut" is the new rebrand for remasters...

Wanted to pick up GoT but Idk if it's worth waiting for the directors cut. I'm guessing it's just ps5 enhancements and the dlc bundled in? Have they said anything about a free ps5 upgrade for the current version?

On 29/6/2021 at 8:45 AM, BloodyRutz said:

How? Death Stranding: Director's Cut will have additional content which has already been teased during Summer Game Fest 2021. It is literally the definition of Director's Cut, not some fancy name for a remaster.

I understand it's not a straight remaster, but extra content or not, it's still a remaster of a previous gen game.

9 hours ago, xh117 said:

Wanted to pick up GoT but Idk if it's worth waiting for the directors cut. I'm guessing it's just ps5 enhancements and the dlc bundled in? Have they said anything about a free ps5 upgrade for the current version?

No info about what this Director's Cut will include yet. It's believed they will unveil it during the rumored PSX event this month.

Just now, CrimsonVoidGX said:

Hmmmm, is the new island exclusive for the ditector's cut or its a free content update?

My guess: It's probably going to be a paid DLC similar to Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds.

This is a must get for PS5.Haven’t made it far in but can clearly see it’s a masterpiece. Not to mention its right down my alley as a super fan of Feudal Japan and history. The graphics stunned me on PS4. Can’t imagine what they’ll look like on PS5. This will be only the second game I’ll play through on both consoles. Not into autopopping trophies or upgrading if played on PS4 but this game deserves all exceptions.