Any way to handle the randoms?

Varhur

My group was trying yesterday to boost Fragile Alliance trophies, but there was someone there, he wouldn't leave, he wouldn't start a match, he was just there and all of us were being forcefully put in his lobby, making our boosting attempts fall flat. Is there any way to somehow get around that or we're basically forced to buy physical version of the game, thanks to that person?

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Vprime77 said:

it might help if you messaged the person to ask if he/she would like to boost?...maybe?

That's what I did, he said that his goal was getting rank 1 on the leaderboards... This whole history was pretty nuts, he would be sitting few hours a day in lobby hoping for ppl to join and help him, sometimes even leaving his console overnight and going to sleep. He genuinely asked him if me and my boosting buddies would help him grind money, because he can't afford additional PS3's... which would require about 3000 hours of grinding, provided every attempt is perfect.

For some reason while he was weirdly aggressive to my other boosting buddies (messages like "fuk U pussy" when they refuse helping and telling other one to suck his nuts on mic) with me he was weirdly okay? Like, no hate messages or similar stuff. Though he did the classic mistake of saying n-word with hard r and we got him reported. Whether it really worked or he was just convieniently offline idk, but he wasn't interrupting us anymore (we were finishing up Cops n Robbers wins, followed by grinding Scum rank), nor buddy who boosted it with alts later.

Still, unless I've missed something, if someone is hosting and that someone has no intentions of starting a match, that lobby is locked and mode unplayable.

I seem to remember similar issues when I did these trophies years ago. As far as I understand, if the host is afk, you’re screwed. It’s a stupid system. If you keep trying all at the same time you may get lucky and create another lobby. I’d definitely get anyone who received abusive messages to report them to Sony. Best chance is to get them locked out of the game. 

I don’t understand what anyone would get from reaching top of the leaderboards on such an old game that practically no one will ever look at again. 

The online on this and Army of Two: the 40th Day were definitely soul destroying to try and get done. I only did them because I co-op played them with my best friend and for nostalgia purposes I wanted them complete. 

Good luck getting it finished! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

I seem to remember similar issues when I did these trophies years ago. As far as I understand, if the host is afk, you’re screwed. It’s a stupid system. If you keep trying all at the same time you may get lucky and create another lobby. I’d definitely get anyone who received abusive messages to report them to Sony. Best chance is to get them locked out of the game. 

I don’t understand what anyone would get from reaching top of the leaderboards on such an old game that practically no one will ever look at again. 

The online on this and Army of Two: the 40th Day were definitely soul destroying to try and get done. I only did them because I co-op played them with my best friend and for nostalgia purposes I wanted them complete. 

Good luck getting it finished! 

Thanks and I actually did finish the online, just left one ez trophy undone, so after I get my 100th plat, I can quickly hop back, pop it and the plat, then delete and forget.