Is the Season Pass worth it ?

KingOfGold

Hello everyone, I will buy the game in the next days but I was wondering if the season pass (included in the Gold Version) was worth it. 

Thank you for your help ! I really look forward to play that mythological Ubi game :D 

Edited by KingOfGold

Unless you really want to 100% the game then I'd say the season pass isn't worth it. I loved the base game but the DLCs were in my opinion really bad, especially the first one which was just an endless amount of puzzles. Of course if you enjoy puzzles then you might enjoy the DLC too but I got so burned out by them that halfway through I just changed the difficulty to easy and watched all the solutions on Youtube. I did enjoy the puzzles in the main game because you could do a vault or two and then go do something else to balance things out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2021 at 10:35 AM, MetalFearbringer said:

Does the season pass works on ps4 & ps5 version or you have to buy it twice ?

Does the ps4 version have a free upgrade to the ps5 version? And vice-versa?

I have the base game on disc for PS4, bought the season pass digitally and am playing it all on ps5 just fine.

Edited by t-H-3_d-O-u-G
  • Like 1

like someone said before the first DLC is mainly puzzles, I liked it a lot personally

after that it went downhill for me

second dlc is a boring reskin of the main game with an even more boring story. but it hast the main game gameplay loop so it's acceptable

the third dlc... I hated it with a passion. one of the worst dlc I've ever played

Damn, I wish the opinions on the DLC weren't so all over the place. I loved the main game and did every single thing there was to do and was not bored at all. 

There's no way I'd pay $40 for DLC, no matter how good it is. I'm a little pissed to even pay $20. At $15 I'd be very tempted and at $12 I'd go for it no doubt. 

Thing is, I'd only be doing this for the 100%. I'm not really interested in doing all puzzles (especially since it's been a while since I played it) the other is a reskin, and the tip down, which was what I was most looking forward to, has been panned numerous times :/

So far i'm regretting it. I didn't love this game like a lot of people do, I thought it was a good first attempt at a new IP but that's about it. But I figured I'd 100% it...and while I'm still only on the first DLC, I hate it. Not only were the puzzles my least favorite aspect of the main game, that's literally all this DLC is...and they're all soooo looonnggg, and there's too many of them. If it wasn't for the fact that I like these characters and want to see these cutscenes...I wouldn't keep going. But I can only stomach 1-3 of these before I'm just over it. 

I am on the third DLC now and I think the DLC is largely pretty terrible.  Not worth playing unless you want the trophy completion.  Each DLC takes around 10-15 hours if you want to do everything, but the content just doesn't add anything to the experience.  The base game is better than each of the DLCs by a fair margin.

The first DLC consists of trials that are combat, platforming, archery, block/atlas ball challenges or a mixture of each of those things.  There was one Athena trial that was more of a mind puzzle where you had to look for patterns.. it was probably the best trial in the entire DLC because it was the only time the devs attempted something new and you had to think a bit more.  Most of the puzzles were VERY easy to solve, the problem is they were tedious to solve particularly with the atlas balls or stupid wind mechanic puzzles.  It was so easy for the physics to get messed up and cause things to fall off ledges that forced me to restart the entire sequence.  I especially hated any trial that used the floating blocks as well. There were also way too many cycle based mechanics that were super boring to wait around for.  I felt spending 20-30 minutes in a single trial was just too much time.. especially considering the mechanics and puzzles never really evolved or were particularly well thought out like puzzles in The Witness or The Talos Principle were.

The second DLC seems like it is probably the best of the 3, but its hardly saying much.  The story has nothing to do with anything.. it is basically an entirely different universe from the base game and the other two DLCs.  None of it makes any sense at all and the story is completely pointless.  The voice acting is also not good at all nor is the dialogue.  The abilities and gameplay are identical except for they changed the main character's sword and axe combos.. which are both much worse and track more poorly than Fenyx's combos in the base game.  They also changed the hammer and Ares uppercut powers slightly but it doesn't really make any difference.  Nothing really noteworthy or interesting in this DLC overall.  It is just more of the same stuff.  There is one epic chest puzzle that is probably the most poorly designed atlas ball puzzle in the game though so that's something, right?

The third DLC I've only just started and put a few hours into it, but I can already tell it is going to be tedious garbage.  You start with absolutely no abilities and have to unlock all of them once again.  The isometric viewpoint serves no purpose at all and unnecessarily complicates the explorative aspect of the game as many things such as resource crystals are not marked on the world map.  As far as I can tell the farsight ability was removed as well so you can't look around to see where things are.  You have to gather up resources to use fast travel, save your game, unlock essence slots on all your abilities and progress through the game by requesting miracles.  That alone represents a major drop in quality of life as you have to grind resources to freely fast travel.  I went through some dungeon that was just a long boring maze of paths and random fights not too long ago and it was just such pointless shite.  Maybe it will get better with more abilities unlocked but it just screams garbage within the first couple hours I've played thus far.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 4