Deathbringer 2

DexTepa

Note that you can only fight Deathbringer 2 *before* completing the Dragon storyline. After completing the Bone Fortress, head straight back in and go to where you first fought Deathbringer, and he should appear again.

Enemies are added to the Monster encyclopedia when you fight them, so better not use No Encounters in areas you haven't been to before. No normal enemy is missable, though.

You might also be missing Louie's entry in the Character section, but all you need to do is talk to him at the Junkyard.

Once you have every entry, check your bookshelf and Thirst for Knowledge should pop.

Anyway, just got the Plat myself. Took me 25 hours. 5 hours of that was just grinding for Master-at-Arms (100 battles with every weapon type).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DexTepa said:

Switch to No Future and the trophy pops. That's it.

Nice to know that, considering that you unlock No Future mode by using the bookshelf in your library, it'd be dickish to have them force you to play through the entire game again on No Future mode. :D

Be warned, though, getting all the techniques is complete RNG. After having Jump and Lunge in my active skills for 100 battles, Somersault did not unlock but two bow special techniques did. So expect to grind a lot to get 100% of the techniques.

That's... odd. Not sure what's up with that. I suppose it could be a bug.

I just tested it and learned it just fine after 12 battles. It requires Jump in 7 battles and Lunge in 12 battles. And it's not like you have to use them. Not at all.

On 6/25/2021 at 7:28 AM, DexTepa said:

Note that you can only fight Deathbringer 2 *before* completing the Dragon storyline. After completing the Bone Fortress, head straight back in and go to where you first fought Deathbringer, and he should appear again.

Is Deathbringer 2 hard? I will probably need to temper a better weapon to fight him, then.

EDIT: Ignore this post, I just fought him and he died easily to my 122 attack power BIser Gold 2H Axe. xD Also, for those who recall the stuff you got if you read a Saga Frontier II save slot on your save file for the original LoM, they included it in game because I got everything - the cutscene with the undead bandits you confront and the cool Heishihorin blade you get as a reward for beating Deathbringer 2.

They didn't include the switch to a chocobo egg in the monster pet tutorial from the FFVII save bonus, or the accessory you get from Skippie in Polpota from the Chocobo Racing save bonus, but those two things were minor and you can get better accessories and pets than a chocobo. ;)

Edited by winter_bird_22

On 25/06/2021 at 9:28 AM, DexTepa said:

Enemies are added to the Monster encyclopedia when you fight them, so better not use No Encounters in areas you haven't been to before. No normal enemy is missable, though.

You might also be missing Louie's entry in the Character section, but all you need to do is talk to him at the Junkyard.

Once you have every entry, check your bookshelf and Thirst for Knowledge should pop.

Anyway, just got the Plat myself. Took me 25 hours. 5 hours of that was just grinding for Master-at-Arms (100 battles with every weapon type).

I missed thoses 2 and Alex entry, so alex turned into another person and might be dead on characters entry, do you know if there are another place alex is ? 

Yeah, I was thinking Alex might be missable as well. If you've already completed the Jumi storyline, it'll have to wait until New Game+. Just talk to her at the shop in Gato during the Flame of Hope or in her shop in Geo.

7 minutes ago, DexTepa said:

Yeah, I was thinking Alex might be missable as well. If you've already completed the Jumi storyline, it'll have to wait until New Game+. Just talk to her at the shop in Gato during the Flame of Hope or in her shop in Geo.

Yep will do this need to start a NG+ for Alex, deathbringer II, before this i will work on learn all weapons skills, questions what is the Master-at-Arms ?