Life is Strange remastered collection and New Colors Ultimate (Physical version)

Sonic Colors Ultimate is looking disappointing so far. They changed the original soundtrack that was great (hope there is an option to go back to the original), the lighting is off, the Sonic model is lifeless...

...still going to get the game though lol...I'm dying to play a Sonic title even if it's just a "remaster".

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 4:43 PM, Piter-48 said:

I haven't pre ordered these games because there is high possibility that they will release them in physical version. It is worth to wait. How do you guys think? 

Physical releases had already been confirmed for these two games around their announcement. Full AAA - Detroit: Become Human - price for a Life is Strange game, one that also only includes Season 3? I can't recommend and it seems like an obvious wait for a sale stance, especially considering its disappointing predecessor(s). Had the S1 and BtS remasters not been tied to the Ultimate Edition but the Regular Edition instead, then my answer would probably be different.

On 6/25/2021 at 6:49 PM, Starlighthed211 said:

Sonic Colors Ultimate is looking disappointing so far.

This has only been the case graphically due to WIP builds being advertised heavily, which is still happening. Post announcement trailer, alongside the outdated displays, they have shown a number of significant improvements that can be seen in certain E3 footage, especially certain screenshots, the Symphony footage, and now the latest HD Updates trailer (which still uses some old build content, for w/e reason).

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have been going through an extremely similar situation; they announced the games using a WIP build (also at a Direct based event); it received a lot of heat for looking low quality, and then just recently it was shown in a noticeably improved state during a N.Switch trailer. 

They changed the original soundtrack that was great (hope there is an option to go back to the original),

All music has been remixed, some of which sound great, but the OST was indirectly confirmed to still be in the game during an E3 gameplay video. (edit-) Additionally, there's also now a sound test menu, like Sonic Adventure 2's and The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series'sto listen to the entire SC:U soundtrack.

the lighting is off

These issues come from the game and a lot of the code having needed to be redone in a completely different engine (qol edit). Like what I said above, they've been showing off WIP builds a lot. However, lighting related improvements have been seen across Sonic's models and environments/levels, including the top most complained about like Tropical Resort, Starlight Carnival, and Aquarium Park.

the Sonic model is lifeless...

...still going to get the game though lol...I'm dying to play a Sonic title even if it's just a "remaster"

"Lifeless" is a poor term. In addition to the multiple animations Sonic has already had pre-level-start countdown, result screens, tricks, idles, etc, Sonic now has (universal) blinking animations, something that was previously exclusive to one specific idle animation in the original game. Not even the other boost games have Sonic blinking during his movement animations, only idle ones. The non-subjective issue that the SC:U model currently faces is that his irises are fixed looking in one position, unlike the original, which I think is obviously due to the new blinking animations they gave him. I see no reason why, like with other aspects of the game, this won't be cleaned up as well.

The game is ultimately a reimagining, given the abundance of changes and additions added to it: numerous gameplay updates, entire soundtrack system remixed, other new animations, new voice lines, etc.  

Edited by EcoShifter