Can you auto-pop PS5 trophies without a PS4?

MojoNJojo

36 minutes ago, turniplord said:

You can, but I don’t see why you’d want to. Why would you willingly play the inferior version of a game just so you don’t have to play the enhanced version to get the trophies? Just play the best version and have fun, forget about the PS4 trophies. 

That’s like buying a 4K bluray that comes with the dvd, but you choose to play the dvd instead. 

Luckily no trophies watching videos. Or im afraid people would watch dvd over the 4k to autopop. Lol

On 26/06/2021 at 5:25 AM, MojoNJojo said:

I've read a bunch of topics on the subject and couldn't find an answer.

Can I play the PS4 version of a game on my PS5, earn the platinum, then upload the save and auto pop the trophies for the PS5 version on the same console?

You can by switching game versions when you press options on the game, when you but the game physically buy the PS4 version, most offer a free upgrade to PS5 but the PS5 physicals only offer the PS5 version.

Always best to play the superior version so the PS5 version of course but 1 game i can think works a treat for both versions, play outriders on PS5, platinum it then switch to the PS4 version, go on the game and all trophies should auto-pop.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2021 at 2:13 AM, turniplord said:

You can, but I don’t see why you’d want to. Why would you willingly play the inferior version of a game just so you don’t have to play the enhanced version to get the trophies? Just play the best version and have fun, forget about the PS4 trophies. 

That’s like buying a 4K bluray that comes with the dvd, but you choose to play the dvd instead. 

Simply because you can get 2 plats for the time of only one.

I do agree it would be better to play the enhanced next-gen version, but as doing on ps4 saves time (which we can't buy more in our lives), I'll definitely do that a lot when I put my hands on a ps5

• Like 2

On 6/26/2021 at 0:31 AM, Tripple_Barnett said:

Yes

On 6/26/2021 at 1:13 AM, turniplord said:

You can

39 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

You can

7 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Simply because you can

Glad you guys are in agreement.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Yes yes obviously I don't have to do it. I assume you know I didn't say that because I somehow believed I was being forced to do as this guy described 

of course - so ‘Nightmare’ is a little strong…

Let others game / trophy collect in their way as you would expect them to let you game/ trophy collect in yours - OP was only asking a question ?

• Like 1

I know we’re all trophy whores here, but my God. Trading a better experience just for auto popping trophies. I couldn't imagine playing something like Crash 4 on the ps4 if you have a ps5 (no 40 second loading screens between restarts etc).

Edited by Kcrack_Km
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

of course - so ‘Nightmare’ is a little strong…

Let others game / trophy collect in their way as you would expect them to let you game/ trophy collect in yours - OP was only asking a question 1f44d.png

I wasn't telling him what to do, and I don't care that he would do as he was "only asking" about, but using the ps5 not to play the better game but instead to get an easy automatic platinum is a nightmare from this humble correspondent's view

51 minutes ago, cometowner said:

The new-gen free upgrades brought all this fuss about AUTO POP. Never see these topics during PS3 and PS4 transition

Mostly because there wasn't backwards compatibility between both systems beyond a remaster/remake (in which it's a new list), or by cross-play. Don't forget the auto pops from Sly Cooper Trilogy PS3/PSVITA, Sound Shapes 3-console Fast Plats, Senran Kagura Estival Versus PSVITA/PS4, just to name some. Sure, it's not as much as nowadays, but it was there to some capacity.

5 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

The "upgrade" in some cases is negligible. Faster loading screens won't make for a substantially different experience.

Mojo just play whatever way makes you happy.

You can't be serious. OP can do whatever he wants but higher fps alone make the upgrades worth it. Not to mention resolution and ray tracing. Having near no loading times is incredible, all this adds up and makes the experience much more enjoyable.

47 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

You can't be serious. OP can do whatever he wants but higher fps alone make the upgrades worth it. Not to mention resolution and ray tracing. Having near no loading times is incredible, all this adds up and makes the experience much more enjoyable.

100% serious and don't call me Shirley. Very few games if any at all will have all those features you're talking about simultaneously.

As far as FPS goes, 60+ FPS isn't anything new and yet everyone was content with the vast majority of AAA first party titles from Sony running at 30FPS on the PS4. While it looks nice and smoother, again it's not experience changing for me. If you show the average person a game for the first time running natively in 30FPS, they'd probably have no issue with it either.

Ray tracing is currently a meme and heavily hampers the FPS increase you just bragged about, often reverting games back down to 30FPS just to run with it on. If you have a $5000 PC then you can play with RT but don't try it on console and expect optimal performance.

Resolution only matters if you have the TV that supports it. Don't have a 4K TV? Then 4K gaming is irrelevant.

Loading again is a non-massive experience defining changer. At its best Miles Morales is a twelve second difference from PS5 to PS4 and at its worst was Horizon Zero Dawn with an over thirty second difference. I've had a PSX and nearly every disc based system since then and the PS4 loading times were a light years of difference since those days, so a half minute difference is nothing compared to having to wait multiple full minutes in the past.

12 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

100% serious and don't call me Shirley. Very few games if any at all will have all those features you're talking about simultaneously.

As far as FPS goes, 60+ FPS isn't anything new and yet everyone was content with the vast majority of AAA first party titles from Sony running at 30FPS on the PS4. While it looks nice and smoother, again it's not experience changing for me. If you show the average person a game for the first time running natively in 30FPS, they'd probably have no issue with it either.

Ray tracing is currently a meme and heavily hampers the FPS increase you just bragged about, often reverting games back down to 30FPS just to run with it on. If you have a $5000 PC then you can play with RT but don't try it on console and expect optimal performance.

Resolution only matters if you have the TV that supports it. Don't have a 4K TV? Then 4K gaming is irrelevant.

Loading again is a non-massive experience defining changer. At its best Miles Morales is a twelve second difference from PS5 to PS4 and at its worst was Horizon Zero Dawn with an over thirty second difference. I've had a PSX and nearly every disc based system since then and the PS4 loading times were a light years of difference since those days, so a half minute difference is nothing compared to having to wait multiple full minutes in the past.

Do you have a PS5?

I only got one recently, and have only sampled a few games that are 'both gen', granted - but in all those cases the difference has been fairly significant.

Not necessarily game-changing, but certainly enough to notice and to see one as significantly better than the other - and certainly enough to more than offset the questionable 'benefit' of getting '2 plats for the price of 1', in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Do you have a PS5?

I only got one recently, and have only sampled a few games that are 'both gen', granted - but in all those cases the difference has been fairly significant.

Not necessarily game-changing, but certainly enough to notice and to see one as significantly better than the other - and certainly enough to more than offset the questionable 'benefit' of getting '2 plats for the price of 1', in my opinion.

Had it since launch and as of late hardly use the thing. Last I did play it was for Returnal which is a PS5 exclusive, unplayable on other hardware. I'm not gonna get all crazy about playing a port that's the same game. I tried Spider-Man "Remastered" when I first got it and it was exactly the same shit as on PS4, you press all the same buttons and you do all the same crap. While yes it is a very good game, I have next to no desire to drive around town in the same car that's just slightly shinier than the car I just drove around town with minutes prior.

2 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

I have next to no desire to drive around town in the same car that's just slightly shinier than the car I just drove around town with minutes prior.

No, but if you have both cars sitting in the driveway, and are about to go on a brand new route, you would still pick the shinier one though... right?

Especially since you paid through the nose to get it...

Edited by DrBloodmoney

7 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

First of all, we’re on a gaming website, we’re not your average gamer and are well aware of gaming performance. Ray tracing a meme? Hampers FPS? I’m watching my gf play A Rift Apart with ray tracing at 60 fps and I couldn’t disagree anymore if I tried. It looks absolutely ridiculous. 60 fps absolutely does matter, everytime a major Sony exclusive gets a ps5 patch, it shoots right back up to the top 10 games played on this very site.

People are literally begging Sony for a Bloodborne patch ffs. I don’t know why you’re trying to argue load times either, go play Demon’s Souls on the ps3 and compare it to ps5. Or ask anyone who got the platinum for Crash 4 on the PS4 how painful the Perfectionist trophy was because you had to wait 40 seconds between every death.

• Like 1