Trophy Thoughts?

I know they are working on a patch to allow the 100% achievement to unlock. But my question is for the secret/special poems section of the pictures. I only have 3 unlocked when I go to check, but I’ve seen many more of them than that. I’m also trying to unlock the secret for quitting and restarting the game during act 2. Is this exiting to the virtual desktop and reloading, or actually closing the game on the PlayStation and reopening? Thanks for the help! 

3 minutes ago, SmellsLikeJazz said:

I’m also trying to unlock the secret for quitting and restarting the game during act 2. Is this exiting to the virtual desktop and reloading, or actually closing the game on the PlayStation and reopening?

It’s just exiting to the virtual desktop and then launching again. You don’t even need to go into the story, as soon as you get to the title screen you’ll know if you got it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SmellsLikeJazz said:

Thank you! Any idea why my secret section only shows 3 pictures unlocked even though I’ve seen more?

It’s only the typewritten poems (and the unlock mentioned above) that count towards that section. Anything else that you’ve seen during those options doesn’t count

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There's no Cross-Save AFAIK so all 4 stacks will likely have to be done from scratch.

PS5 version seems to have cross saves, but only in as much as it can make you cross by accidentally wiping your save progress

Edited by BGriff1986

So, after extensively testing the PS5 version while trying to get the Breakthrough trophy, here’s what I’ve found:

1. The game appears to be counting certain images in the pictures section as earned multiple times as players go through the game, which causes the data completion percentage to show as higher than it should and even go over 100% at times.

2. Closing the game on the PS5 console and then starting it up again appears to fix the data collection percentage and make it accurate again. I know this because mine always resets to 98% after I do this, which should be accurate since the only thing I’m missing in the game is the final secret poem.

3. My current question is whether it would be possible to earn the Breakthrough trophy if the player reaches 100% data collection while the game’s counter is working correctly. I’m close to being able to test this, but unfortunately the final secret poem refuses to appear for me, despite the fact that I’ve done 20 runs of the game now. I’m sitting at 98% data completion since that’s the only thing I’m missing.

6 minutes ago, adsmeister said:

3. My current question is whether it would be possible to earn the Breakthrough trophy if the player reaches 100% data collection while the game’s counter is working correctly. I’m close to being able to test this, but unfortunately the final secret poem refuses to appear for me, despite the fact that I’ve done 20 runs of the game now. I’m sitting at 98% data completion since that’s the only thing I’m missing.

No, it isn’t. At the risk of mild spoilers, there is something which is meant to happen in the game when you hit 100% completion. The “day one” version of the software on all platforms is borked in such a way that said thing simply never happens.

They’ve already released a patch on Steam to fix things (which is how we know about the something). Right now we just gotta be patient and wait for an equivalent patch to be rolled out to consoles

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

No, it isn’t. At the risk of mild spoilers, there is something which is meant to happen in the game when you hit 100% completion. The “day one” version of the software on all platforms is borked in such a way that said thing simply never happens.

They’ve already released a patch on Steam to fix things (which is how we know about the something). Right now we just gotta be patient and wait for an equivalent patch to be rolled out to consoles

Ah, ok. Thanks for sharing that info. I’ll just wait for the console patch then.

14 minutes ago, adsmeister said:

Ah, ok. Thanks for sharing that info. I’ll just wait for the console patch then.

On the “plus” side, the race to be first to the platinum is officially open season. It’s all just a case of who spots the patch first ?

8 hours ago, adsmeister said:

So, after extensively testing the PS5 version while trying to get the Breakthrough trophy, here’s what I’ve found:

1. The game appears to be counting certain images in the pictures section as earned multiple times as players go through the game, which causes the data completion percentage to show as higher than it should and even go over 100% at times.

2. Closing the game on the PS5 console and then starting it up again appears to fix the data collection percentage and make it accurate again. I know this because mine always resets to 98% after I do this, which should be accurate since the only thing I’m missing in the game is the final secret poem.

For the final secret poem, you need to enter and leave DDLC Plus (the game inside the desktop, not the game itself) multiple times while in Act 2 until you unlock a black and white picture of the girls. 

8 hours ago, ShizukaXD said:

For the final secret poem, you need to enter and leave DDLC Plus (the game inside the desktop, not the game itself) multiple times while in Act 2 until you unlock a black and white picture of

Nah that's not a poem. I unlocked the picture but I keep getting repeat secret poems in act 2. It's all just praying for good rng

I think since the counter does go over 100% and you get the 100% email about the extra "side story" that you don't actually need everything

Tons of games have over 100% completion percentages 

Otherwise I guess I can keep holding the skip key through act 2 over and over :(

Edited by aerishilton

45 minutes ago, aerishilton said:

Nah that's not a poem. I unlocked the picture but I keep getting repeat secret poems in act 2. It's all just praying for good rng

I think since the counter does go over 100% and you get the 100% email about the extra "side story" that you don't actually need everything

Tons of games have over 100% completion percentages 

Otherwise I guess I can keep holding the skip key through act 2 over and over :(

Trust me, it's that picture. They consider it a "special poem". If you want, search for that subject on the Steam Forums. Any percentage over 100% is not accurate as well, you'll run reset.sh, close and open the game, and you'll see your real percentage.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...