How difficult and how fun?

I am wondering if this game is worth playing. For one I am wondering how difficult it is. I know the trophy guide says 6 but from looking at the trophies, they don't seem all that bad. Also is this a fun game to play? I'm not huge into racers (skipped out on Wreckfest) but I enjoy games like Forza and Grand Tourismo. I've also kinda played this back in the day but I am wondering from other people if they enjoy it. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

i think it's hard to recommend this game because it's has many problems. The game is hard because of the way the cars handles. They fill like you're driving a boat or something. It's not one of the hardest games out there I got 100% in under a month and I never played the original. But some events will force you to master the cars and memorize the tracks. I enjoyed the single player even though it was frustrating and to me that was the best part of the game. It does have rubberband AI cars so beware.

Most of the problems I have with the game comes from the online mode. There's some annoying bugs that can ruin a match like traffic cars spawning in front of you and your car will crash. Glitches that look like shortcuts. Sometimes it feels like a racer's heath bar doesn't matter because a police can take you out of the match if they park their car next to yours and bust you. This mechanic is made even worst with the invisible traffic cars spawning everywhere. it doesn't feel good when I do it to others but the reason i do it is because people in public lobbies do it to me.

Overall I still find myself playing the game because I like the cars. I think it's cool how the police cars are counterparts of the racers. The online isn't perfect and the glitches that were never fixed will most likely never be fixed because EA seems to have abandon this game.

As the friend above said, traffic is your biggest enemy in this game. I remember a few events that were particularly difficult, but even though I'm not a great racing game player I got my platinum (and maybe someday i'll do this again on remastered, because the game was fun)

• 2 weeks later...

Only played on PS3 but I found it very shallow and not much fun.  Only cops vs. racers and using gadgets gets old quickly.  Soundtrack was terrible too.

I doubt it aged well not that it was very good in the beginning.

8 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Best nfs in last 15 years is The Run.

I also much preferred The Run (and Carbon) myself for the PS3 era.  The more varied terrain/environments were very much welcomed.  And being able to race without silly gadgets.

The worst NFS I played was probably Rivals.  

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 3