Follow and be Damned Unobtainable?

Xanomead

I don't know about unobtainable, but i can't find any info on what you actually need to do to get the trophy to pop in the first place.

I don't own the game personally, but looking at the trophy descriptions, it could just be that no one has worked out how to get it yet since the descriptions for a lot of them are really quite vague.

The trophy image could be a clue though?

A traffic cone from the looks of it.

Edited by Ancestral_Spirit

I've done a few playthroughs & still can't quite figure out what the conditions are. I've checked all the traffic cones but not all of them at once in a single play through.

At the second last section of the game I saw a red npc walking back & forth looking like he was dressed in something a 'duke' would have worn in that time period but he doesn't say anything. I even thought maybe the Cat at the start of the game that makes noise by the bin might be named 'duke' & come out eventually but nah.

Sometimes when the path is blocked off & you walk back there are different characters blocking the patch (I got the harmonica guy at one point) so I wondered if that might be it but have gone back to most if not all blocked paths.

The last thing to consider is the 'trophy notifications' option. I didn't notice it was turned off until the first time I had exited my building & when I turned it on the Thomas trophy popped even though that had happened a minute ago so maybe that option might have something to do with it.

I'm gonna have another session checking every traffic cone in the game in one session & if that does nothing I'll ask the dev who was very nice about getting the trophy list up & might give me a hint.

I've been having potential issues with the trophy about the Aircon salesman. Listened to his whole phone call both in the mall & during the walk through the 2nd-last section but nothing popped. I wonder if I was looking at the wrong thing at the time or if there's some reference to the guy or the salesman himself out in the areas before you enter the mall.

Hi Carsten,

Really good to hear from you and I'm glad that you enjoyed the game so much. ?
We really appreciate the efforts that you have taken to go through the game multiple times and find the trophies which we had hidden throughout the game.
I do have a list of hints that I can share with you, hope this helps!
image.png

I can give you an extra hint for the Follow and Be Damned trophy: You would need to find a statue in the final alley after the shopping centre before the train hits you.

I'm sure you would be able to figure the rest of them out, our designers certainly did put in a good amount of thought into them. :)

Cheers,
Naman
  • Like 4

On 27/06/2021 at 4:49 AM, dreamlandnoize said:

Hi Carsten,

Really good to hear from you and I'm glad that you enjoyed the game so much. 1f60a.png
We really appreciate the efforts that you have taken to go through the game multiple times and find the trophies which we had hidden throughout the game.
I do have a list of hints that I can share with you, hope this helps!
image.png

I can give you an extra hint for the Follow and Be Damned trophy: You would need to find a statue in the final alley after the shopping centre before the train hits you.

I'm sure you would be able to figure the rest of them out, our designers certainly did put in a good amount of thought into them. :)

Cheers,
Naman

Hey there Naman, the image doesn't seem to be showing up, it just gives an error when trying to view it.

• Like 1

Hi StygianWolf4,

So I'm the player named Carsten who wrote to the developers. I just took a screenshot of the response I received via email.
I also didn't unlock this trophy and saw absolutely no statue there at the end. I'm also missing other trophies.

Greetings Carsten aka dreamlandnoize

Thanks for passing that tip along the other day. This is what you're looking for:

HI6dAfr.png

I had a good time figuring out those trophies but was stumped on the last one. That hint was perfect, but I still had to do a couple of playthroughs before finding the statue. 

This game was a really nice surprise. I've spent $20+ on VR titles that weren't nearly as enjoyable. I played the other VR game with a blind protagonist (aptly titled 'blind') right after and it was pretty interesting as well but the move controls made that one a bit unpleasant. Doing 2 blind themed VR games with no platinum back to back is a delightfully obscure block of completions to do & that's definitely something that makes me happy when earning trophies.

Also I was asked about that controller trophy & wasn't able to answer in time so I'm putting a screenshot of that here too for future posterity:

THp1LSw.png

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, dreamlandnoize said:

Hi StygianWolf4,

So I'm the player named Carsten who wrote to the developers. I just took a screenshot of the response I received via email.
I also didn't unlock this trophy and saw absolutely no statue there at the end. I'm also missing other trophies.

Greetings Carsten aka dreamlandnoize

My bad ? I thought the image was the hints list haha

7 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Also I was asked about that controller trophy & wasn't able to answer in time so I'm putting a screenshot of that here too for future posterity:

THp1LSw.png

Thanks a lot, I was stumped by this one a few times xD

7 hours ago, Sebask81 said:

Thanks a lot too ! What is the hint for the trophy Wacky Winzeler ? I heard a commercial near a house in the alley at the beginning of the game and I listened the guy in the store at the mall but no trophy.

@AngeloKosmatos95 told me there was a commercial in a house in the city (turn right at the car crash) and then turn to the left towards the car park. A house on the left will have the advert playing. Listen to the whole thing and then same for the phone call in the shopping centre. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StygianWolf4 said:

@AngeloKosmatos95 told me there was a commercial in a house in the city (turn right at the car crash) and then turn to the left towards the car park. A house on the left will have the advert playing. Listen to the whole thing and then same for the phone call in the shopping centre. 

Thanks but I already do this twice before and no trophy. I will try again ?

49 minutes ago, Sebask81 said:

Thanks but I already do this twice before and no trophy. I will try again 1f60f.png

Weird, I only needed to do this once for it to pop. 

Could you give tips for Went Home & You Are Being Educated? Those are the only two I'm missing, thank you. 

17 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Weird, I only needed to do this once for it to pop. 

Could you give tips for Went Home & You Are Being Educated? Those are the only two I'm missing, thank you. 

Ok it worked with the third attempt ? Maybe a glitch. For being educated you have to look the crow at the window on your left before the train hits you. For went home you need to go back at every checkpoint, forest, bridge, etc... like trying to go back to home. First checkpoint is when you enter the forest near the guy who play harmonica

2 minutes ago, Sebask81 said:

Ok it worked with the third attempt 1f605.png Maybe a glitch. For being educated you have to look the crow at the window on your left before the train hits you. For went home you need to go back at every checkpoint, forest, bridge, etc... like trying to go back to home. First checkpoint is when you enter the forest near the guy who play harmonica

Got the crow trophy, thank you for the help there. 

Regarding the checkpoints, I did the gates after the harmonica guy, blue bridge, when the tree fell before the playground, playground gate, hooded figure to the left of the underpass, hooded figure in the car park, tried the shopping centre doors too, the barrier in the shopping centre after you go through it, the outer door, the hooded figure who is behind you when the train is going to hit. 

No trophy pop there, but I probably missed something somewhere idk ?

28 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Got the crow trophy, thank you for the help there. 

Regarding the checkpoints, I did the gates after the harmonica guy, blue bridge, when the tree fell before the playground, playground gate, hooded figure to the left of the underpass, hooded figure in the car park, tried the shopping centre doors too, the barrier in the shopping centre after you go through it, the outer door, the hooded figure who is behind you when the train is going to hit. 

No trophy pop there, but I probably missed something somewhere idk 1f605.png

Yes I think you missed the door at your home ! At the beginning go to the elevator but don't take it and go back to the door. Emma will talk each time if it's ok. The trophy should pop near the bridge when you go back to the playground !

57 minutes ago, Sebask81 said:

Yes I think you missed the door at your home ! At the beginning go to the elevator but don't take it and go back to the door. Emma will talk each time if it's ok. The trophy should pop near the bridge when you go back to the playground !

Thanks again for your help buddy. 

I had to go back to the door and also go back to the outside building door after the car crashes. I didn't do the outside door on any of my previous runs so I assume that's why it popped that time. I'll probably test on another account too just to be absolutely sure. 

I plan to make a trophy guide for the game anyway, so it's best to test these things. 

• Like 2

I can’t get Hard to Follow, You Are Being Educated, or First Things First to pop for the life of me. I’ve done 7+ runs and tried to get the last 2 to pop to no avail, deleted all save data, reinstalled, restarted my PS4, etc. and nothing has helped. Any tips on exactly what gets them to trigger?

Edit: The speedrun and easter egg trophies popped fine after a system restart, so I think that was something on my end. For the trophy You Are Being Educated, I'm 99% sure that you have to also wait until the TV at the beginning of the game stops talking about humans and crows. It finally popped for me after I did that, so if anyone else is having trouble with that trophy then try that.

Edited by shxrpay
Added more info

On 04/07/2021 at 7:45 PM, shxrpay said:

I can’t get Hard to Follow, You Are Being Educated, or First Things First to pop for the life of me. I’ve done 7+ runs and tried to get the last 2 to pop to no avail, deleted all save data, reinstalled, restarted my PS4, etc. and nothing has helped. Any tips on exactly what gets them to trigger?

Edit: The speedrun and easter egg trophies popped fine after a system restart, so I think that was something on my end. For the trophy You Are Being Educated, I'm 99% sure that you have to also wait until the TV at the beginning of the game stops talking about humans and crows. It finally popped for me after I did that, so if anyone else is having trouble with that trophy then try that.

It helps to combine Cautious and You Are Being Educated I think. I wasn't entirely sure either ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Someones has also the problem that "wacky winzeler" and the "tribute to playstation" trophies won't plop. 

I tried several times, deleted savegame and reinstall game. But still dont able to get them ?

Maybe someone knows how to help me. 

Greetings 

On 27/07/2021 at 7:42 AM, stift1000 said:

Someones has also the problem that "wacky winzeler" and the "tribute to playstation" trophies won't plop. 

I tried several times, deleted savegame and reinstall game. But still dont able to get them 1f613.png

Maybe someone knows how to help me. 

Greetings 

Have you checked out my guide at all? Perhaps it will provide some assistance

• 6 months later...

For wacky winzeler, I remember there being 3 places you have to go, the first 2 are before going through the gate just beyond the car park, one place you will hear the dude saying about the wacky windows etc. Near to the car park on the corner of building with lights on, his speech will end & the lights turn off, The second place if I remember is near the guy lying on the bench or the path that has a large tree with a bench on the left side of the path (near to the beginning of the game)at the end of the path on the right there will be lights on in the building, just have to look up slightly, once you approach these windows you will hear static then the light will switch off.

I would recommend activating the place where you first hear the wacky salesman, backtrack to the other place I mentioned above with the static, then proceed with the game as normal till inside the Mall with the partly opened shutter, after the salesman stops talking the trophy should pop.

Tribute to playstation, once you get to the raining part, also near to the trophy for being at the highest point, follow the right hand wall & look down, there'll be a rock with a ps4 controller somewhat facing the right hand wall, I think it's just before the tree on the right & several metres from the trophy for climbing the hill in the section

Edited by Jookymondo
Missing word(s)

• 2 years later...

Whilst none of these trophies are technically unobtainable, i did however find that a couple were extremely buggy and took numerous attempts to actually get them to pop.

You Are Being Educated  -  I got this to eventually unlock by first listening to the whole TV dialogue about crows at the very beginning in your home, and i also stopped and looked at all the crows along the way (There are about 5 total) I'm not sure looking at the crows along the way is necessary, but since i had tried a few times with no luck the normal way and it's such a short game, a few extra minutes didn't matter.

Once i got to where the crow does his speech, i stood as close as possible and looked directly at the crow inside the building.

First Things First  - This was extremely buggy and took a good few attempts to actually get. As you're only supposed to look at it for this to unlock, this is technically probably the easiest to achieve.. However it took maybe 4 or 5 tries before i finally got it to pop.

After taking off the VR headset and holding it in my hand, scrolling across the item slowly and purposely. 

So after coming back to this short and interesting game (wish it was longer tbh) after a few years, i eventually got the 100% done.

Just throwing this out there incase anyone else encounters these buggy trophies and is looking for potential solutions.