Challenge Mode DLC trophies

mizimmer

Hey, im wondering if the 2 challenge mode trophies related to the DLC “Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack” will be affected by the server shutdown? Do I have to be online to get those trophies or can they be done offline? 

Edited by mizimmer

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2021 at 11:46 AM, mizimmer said:

Hey, im wondering if the 2 challenge mode trophies related to the DLC “Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack” will be affected by the server shutdown? Do I have to be online to get those trophies or can they be done offline? 

I played the last two chapters in challenge mode offline (signed out of PSN) and I earned It Looked Easy Enough, so based on that, in theory the 2 challenge mode trophies should still be obtainable. Unless, them shutting the servers down makes challenge mode inaccessible somehow (like some sort of bug or glitch), but I was able to play it while being signed out. If you really don't want to risk leaving it, I'd say do it before the closure just to be safe.

5 minutes ago, shaunsheep677 said:

I played the last two chapters in challenge mode offline (signed out of PSN) and I earned It Looked Easy Enough, so based on that, in theory the 2 challenge mode trophies should still be obtainable. Unless, them shutting the servers down makes challenge mode inaccessible somehow (like some sort of bug or glitch), but I was able to play it while being signed out. If you really don't want to risk leaving it, I'd say do it before the closure just to be safe.

how? if u aren't connected to psn the game won't allow u to select challenge mode. the option is grayed out

4 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

how? if u aren't connected to psn the game won't allow u to select challenge mode. the option is grayed out

1. First select challenge mode so you're in the chapter select part (while still signed in).

2. Then go to the XMB and go to the Account Management option/symbol.

3. Press triangle and select Sign Out.
4. The game didn't boot me out of the challenge mode chapter select, so you should be good. 

Edited by shaunsheep677

4 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

so again.. u need to be online to access the mode in the first place

Yes, 'signed into PSN' which you will still be able to do after the MP3 servers are closed. 

It may or may not work. I don't know how the servers closing will affect accessing challenge mode. It may not affect it at all and the mode will still be playable, or the servers closing may cause it to become unplayable somehow, like I originally stated. That's why I said if you don't want to risk not getting it, do it before the closure date.

26 minutes ago, shaunsheep677 said:

1. First select challenge mode so you're in the chapter select part (while still signed in).

2. Then go to the XMB and go to the Account Management option/symbol.

3. Press triangle and select Sign Out.
4. The game didn't boot me out of the challenge mode chapter select, so you should be good. 

There's a big chance the game still had connection to the Max Payne servers after you signed out of PSN.
But it requires you to be signed in for at least the first initial connection to the server because else you can't select challenge mode and that makes it an online trophy...
Offline obtainable would mean: My playstation doesn't even have internet and I can still get it ;) 

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, shaunsheep677 said:

Yes, 'signed into PSN' which you will still be able to do after the MP3 servers are closed. 

It may or may not work. I don't know how the servers closing will affect accessing challenge mode. It may not affect it at all and the mode will still be playable, or the servers closing may cause it to become unplayable somehow, like I originally stated. That's why I said if you don't want to risk not getting it, do it before the closure date.

as long as a trophy requires that u be connected to psn to obtain it, it's an online trophy. even tho u apparently attained the challenge trophy while being offline, u still had to be online to access it initially  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kolm said:

There's a big chance the game still had connection to the Max Payne servers after you signed out of PSN.
But it requires you to be signed in for at least the first initial connection to the server because else you can't select challenge mode and that makes it an online trophy...
Offline obtainable would mean: My playstation doesn't even have internet and I can still get it ;) 

Rockstar would be the best ones to ask what will happen. I've only seen a short statement saying that singleplayer will continue to work, but I didn't see them specifically state what modes that encompasses (ie like challenge mode for instance). If someone has already asked and its out there already that it won't be a mode that's accessible after closure, then fine the theory doesn't work. I was just reporting what I found to the original post. But like I originally stated I wouldn't want to risk it anyway even if there was a 50/50 chance of it working after closure. It's best to do it now while you know you have a 100% chance of getting it.

Edited by shaunsheep677

6 minutes ago, shaunsheep677 said:

Rockstar would be the best ones to ask what will happen. I've only seen a short statement saying that singleplayer will continue to work, but I didn't see them specifically state what modes that encompasses (ie like challenge mode for instance). If someone has already asked and its out there already that it won't be a mode that's accessible after closure, then fine the theory doesn't work. I was just reporting what I found to the original post. But like I originally stated I wouldn't want to risk it anyway even if there was a 50/50 chance of it working after closure. It's best to do it now while you know you have a 100% chance of getting it.

I cannot agree more with that... It's also the reason I'm slowly working through NYM. Although I believe NYM is already proven to be 100% offline, I rather make sure. But... that's crazy me ;) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I cannot agree more with that... It's also the reason I'm slowly working through NYM. Although I believe NYM is already proven to be 100% offline, I rather make sure. But... that's crazy me ;) 

I have to leave NYM and NYM Hardcore. I'm assuming both will be obtainable after closure.

Doing the boost almost broke me so I need to move onto something different. ?

1 minute ago, shaunsheep677 said:

I have to leave NYM and NYM Hardcore. I'm assuming both will be obtainable after closure.

Doing the boost almost broke me so I need to move onto something different. 1f915.png

I took a break after level 40 and finally finished Bioshock PS3 12 years and 6 months after I started it. So now it's back to Max Payne but I'm only doing about 10 runs a day during the week and 15-20 a day during the weekend. Level 50 is the only online trophy I need and there's still 2 months left so no need to burn me out on it. With my current go about it, I should be done in 2 weeks with level 50.

I was kinda happy that I finished GTAV PS3 heists the end of last year and did a few missing online misc trophies in Max Payne then as well. I was also already working on the XP grind on and off so when they announced the closure, it was only XP and challenge mode for me. So no uncharted-like crisis over here! But Uncharted made me clean up all games with online trophies that were already on my list. Only Max Payne and mastermind challenge in GTAV PS4 left and both are being worked on atm :) 

4 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I took a break after level 40 and finally finished Bioshock PS3 12 years and 6 months after I started it. So now it's back to Max Payne but I'm only doing about 10 runs a day during the week and 15-20 a day during the weekend. Level 50 is the only online trophy I need and there's still 2 months left so no need to burn me out on it. With my current go about it, I should be done in 2 weeks with level 50.

I was kinda happy that I finished GTAV PS3 heists the end of last year and did a few missing online misc trophies in Max Payne then as well. I was also already working on the XP grind on and off so when they announced the closure, it was only XP and challenge mode for me. So no uncharted-like crisis over here! But Uncharted made me clean up all games with online trophies that were already on my list. Only Max Payne and mastermind challenge in GTAV PS4 left and both are being worked on atm :) 

I'm completely done with all the online stuff, reached level 50 last week. 

Luckily I did heists for GTA V PS3 awhile ago. Also finished RDR1 awhile ago too (even though that isn't shutting down).

Moving onto NFS Shift now which is a lot easier.

Edited by shaunsheep677

1 hour ago, shaunsheep677 said:

I'm completely done with all the online stuff, reached level 50 last week. 

Luckily I did heists for GTA V PS3 awhile ago. Also finished RDR1 awhile ago too (even though that isn't shutting down).

Moving onto NFS Shift now which is a lot easier.

Wow, I can understand that you're totally burned out by the game... you did that online pretty quick! :) 

I did RDR1 years ago and I won't do NFS since I don't have the games and not interested enough in them to get them now ;) 

40 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Wow, I can understand that you're totally burned out by the game... you did that online pretty quick! :) 

I did RDR1 years ago and I won't do NFS since I don't have the games and not interested enough in them to get them now ;) 

I started boosting the online before the announcement, and could hardly get enough together. Then the announcement came and it flooded the game. When we boosted there was absolutely no organisation to it whatsoever. People not taking turns, not knowing what to do, throwing tantrums, storming off and leaving the group, name calling etc. It wasn't a healthy boost at all. Then I had to grind all the way to level 50. By then I didn't feel like doing challenge mode at all, but did it anyway which p**sed me off even more with some of the stupid requirements. Thank god we don't have to get a platinum medal for each chapter for the trophy. So I've definitely had enough of MP3, probably won't return to it for years lmao.?

Edited by shaunsheep677

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of people are boosting Max Payne 3 right now so it shouldn’t be too difficult to grab some partners. The team I was with was cooperative, but I can understand why some of us get frustrated with boosting. 

Honestly, I don’t like boosting. I find it a bit stressful and a lot of sessions don’t always go the way you wanted them. People quit out once they grab their trophies, people ignore what you’re saying, people rage quit and put you on block, the list goes on. It’s not healthy gaming. I highly prefer single player, I like to go at my own pace without having morons tell me to hurry up, or do this specific task in a very specific manner.

I never played Max Payne 3 before and I figured I might as well jump on it late, rather than never. New York Minute Hardcore will be a challenge, but plenty doable as long as I don’t get game freezing glitches. 

The single player should be fun, but I’ll probably put this game on hold once I finish all the online.

7 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

How do you unlock Challenge Mode? Do you have to beat the game? Or just the 1st story mode level?

(Yes, I do have the DLC downloaded and installed)

You have to beat the game so you can replay all the chapters in challenge mode. 

Edited by J2VLegacy