Glitch with Void Reactor weapon

I was having a bug with the Void Reactor weapon which I've reported to Insomniac but I thought I would post the issue here, as well as the workaround that allowed me to get the Return Policy trophy in case anyone experiencing same issue. 

No bugs with any other weapon but when using the Void Reactor, I would be holding L2 in order to collect incoming fire from an enemy and typically around 3 shots collected and the shield not being fully purple yet the shield would disappear, I would lose a significant amount of the guns % of power and the gun would automatically switch to a different gun. The icon in the upper right of the screen would still be the icon of the Void Reactor BUT the gun in the hero's hands would change and then firing or pressing L2 would do the effects of that weapon. It wouldn't switch to the same gun each time but it would be a weapon on the same wheel of weapons. This happened more than 20 times while working on the trophy so not an accident press on the D-pad but most importantly, the fact that gun in hand didn't match icon in upper right shows something was going wrong. 

While I started out trying to farm it at first bronze challenge level "Welcoming Committee" as had been suggested here, going to Sargasso, turning on infinite ammo, and taking out Needle Wasps by collecting at least 5 of their shots ended up working perfectly for me to get the trophy. Glad that worked out!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 10:53 AM, yasser90x said:

It's not glitched. Just make sure you hit the same enemy that you collected the shot from. Otherwise it won't count.

He's not saying the trophy is glitched. He's saying that the weapon is glitched, which is making the trophy harder to obtain. I also noticed the glitch when I was playing.

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered this glitch as well. When i was playing in the arena, guarding one shot would take 1 or 2 percent of the shield. When the shield ammo was empty and i collected 35 ammo equaling 22% shield with the upgraded weapon. The next shot took 11% as well as the second shot what collapsed the shield.

Glitch seems to go away when you turn on infinite ammo since you don’t drop % it works correctly. I too did the flying things to get the trophy but I did go back to try in the arena with infinite ammo and glitch stopped. Beetles were still better option since they stay correct distance away.