How to Trigger the Combo?

VianPlays

24 minutes ago, VianPlays said:

How do you trigger the triangle plus circle combo? I've already unlocked the necessary bond requirement, but I can't get it to trigger. I need it for a quest.

From what I recall, you can't. As long as your bond is high with that person, they'll occasionally call out and the prompt will appear on the screen - that's when you can press it.

Are you sure that's the combo you need though, as I can't remember a quest needing that. Most of them require you to get the final blow with a characters 'combo' which basically means holding L1 and pushing the face button that corresponds to that person - that'll trigger them to appear and do one of their attacks.

• Like 2

I was trying to get this to trigger as well, think it was the L1+button that I ended up needing for those side quests (which I still ended up saving for later). But the info for Assault Link mentions that it has a chance to trigger when you attack an unguarded enemy.

I've done all of the Kasane side quests. Few tricks I found
1. It only matters what the last hit before you kill the enemy is. So if you break an enemy, then use the L1+ combo required, and finally kill it with Brain Crush, it will count.

2. Being the only party member helps keep your party from messing you up

• Like 1