FYI: First Volga Suit Upgrade Unavailable on Reader Difficulty

Swotam

Playing the game again on PS5 and after escaping from the church on the Volga level I went to the crashed airplane where there should be a suit upgrade in the cockpit, but the only thing there is a gun. I was able to find the second upgrade in the shipping container that’s not far from the train, so not sure what happened to the first one.

Edit: the airplane upgrade is the compass but I’ve already got one on my arm. I’m playing on Reader difficulty so maybe that’s why I’ve already got it? If so that would also explain why it’s not in the plane…

Edit 2: I started a new game on Normal and right from the start there’s no compass on my arm so I guess when you play on Reader difficulty you can’t find that one since you already have it.

Edited by Swotam
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

You start with that suit upgrade on Reader difficulty. 

Yeah, I figured that out but thought it might be worth leaving the post up in case anyone else plays on Reader difficulty and wonders about it. It’s not mentioned in the trophy guide as far as I can tell, and it might save some people some time trying to figure it out.  

On 6/27/2021 at 9:53 AM, Swotam said:

Yeah, I figured that out but thought it might be worth leaving the post up in case anyone else plays on Reader difficulty and wonders about it. It’s not mentioned in the trophy guide as far as I can tell, and it might save some people some time trying to figure it out.  

This same issue confused me on PS4 too lol.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, Swotam said:

If you start a game on a difficulty that is not Reader the compass is not on your arm. If you then lower the difficulty to Reader before you reach the Volga level, the compass is still not on you arm and it isn't in the cockpit of the plane either, and it doesn't show in the list for the suit upgrades at the workbench. 

I played through to the end of the Volga level and collected all of the other suit upgrades but still didn't have the compass.

I don't know if this effects the trophy as I started a new game on Reader.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/20/2021 at 8:52 PM, Mr_Buzzinka said:

The first compass upgrade is NOT needed for the trophy. just got the trophy recently.

I have all the other 11 suit upgrades except the compass and the trophy DID NOT pop

I started the game on normal and then changed it in to reader in the middle of the volga

So going back to volga and the compass is not there...

Edit: I changed the difficulty back to normal and restarted the mission and found the suit upgrade successfully

Edited by Hydrix868
Update
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 4:35 PM, Hydrix868 said:

I have all the other 11 suit upgrades except the compass and the trophy DID NOT pop

I started the game on normal and then changed it in to reader in the middle of the volga

So going back to volga and the compass is not there...

Edit: I changed the difficulty back to normal and restarted the mission and found the suit upgrade successfully

IF you start it on normal and then drop the difficulty then it counts towards the trophy.  If you do it all on reader then it doesn't count towards it.