Broken game/AI + Challenges = Bad time

16 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

I’m in a permanent rage state right now while I try to get gold on the Odin’s Mine Wolf challenge so I absolutely feel your misery with this broken piece of shit. 99.9% of the time the enemies KILL THEMSELVES how is it fair?!?! 

I’ve missed gold by one headshot atleast 3 or 4 times on this challenge because the headshot just didn’t register at point blank range. 

• Like 1

Odin Mine Hideout - strategy developed from tips in another chat

1. Just focus on headshots as you can farm weak points using final Target

2. Kill first 5 enemies by headshot

3. Pick up one of the bodies and throw it into line of sight of first archer on 'gate', this lures him down and can headshot him when he is crouching down to look at body

4. Lure second archer using whistle & arrows fired into roof, he will also be lured down and can take him out same way as previous

5. Lure the 2 shield/sword enemies by whilst/arrows and when they are outside weak point /headshot them

Now climb the 'gate' for first time & you can headshot the marksman ( on a platform ) from a distance without alarming any others.

10 kills down, no one knows you are there.

Cilmb the platform, run across the 2 ropes, clockwise round the platform you are now on and there is an archer on a platform opposite. TAKE HIM OUT FIRST. couple of arrows to deplete health and then line up headshot.( He runs into the mine, chase him & get the headshot). This is the archer that kills himself & can take out another enemy in the process. You deal with him first to ensure you have 28 enemies in total

11 kills. 

Now run all the way back to outside. Go back & start taking them out one at a time.  Be patient & don't rush. 

7 enemies in one section including 1 Target

4 enemies in section after including 1 Target

6 enemies in last section including 2 Targets

Last section - lure out the nearest enemy & kill him in isolation. It is important not to alert the remaining 5.

3 archers are the priority - you can headshot nearest one but then have to deal with other 2 when all others know you are there. Fire a couple of arrows to deplete health so you can one shot headshot kill. DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL ALL 3 ARCHERS ARE DEAD, as they despawn or kills themselves.

2 Targets left - leave the standard bearer until last.

You can now farm weak points. If you run all the way back to the gate & then back to Target his weak points are restored. Rinse & repeat until that objective is completed.

Then kill by headshot, get the Gold Medal & promptly run around the house waving your arms in celebration.

Took me 2 days of play to get this one, it was truly painful.......

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ringtonwhaledog said:

Odin Mine Hideout - strategy developed from tips in another chat

snip

YOU ABSOLUTE STAR!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I could actually cry with relief I finally managed it thanks to your post!!! I was always short by one headshot at the end & couldn’t work out why. 

Just 9 more to go now, but all of Odin’s Mine are gold & hopefully they were the worst ones & it’s easier from here.

On 29/06/2021 at 10:44 PM, smudgedhorizon said:

YOU ABSOLUTE STAR!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I could actually cry with relief I finally managed it thanks to your post!!! I was always short by one headshot at the end & couldn’t work out why. 

Just 9 more to go now, but all of Odin’s Mine are gold & hopefully they were the worst ones & it’s easier from here.

Excellent, glad it helped. Some of the others do suffer from glitches but are more forgiving relatively. There is another weak spot / headshot trial but only needs 13 of each n there seems to be more than 13 enemies. Some are good n are both challenging n fair in that the game behaves itself.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah no Shit it’s an Ubisoft game, never gonna buy from that trash as company again, I mean who do you make a headshot challenge when the headshot don’t count as headshots more than half the time, like are they actually trolling their customers? I had to currently on the 13 kill headshot challenge now, done with that other one. It’s just 1/10 in difficulty you just have to win the lottery so that all the headshots cont, probably gonna take you around 25-100 tries?‍? the enemies literally stand still, hitting the headshots couldn’t be any easier. It’s just mind blowing that they but out some utter garbage like this and call it a challenge, when all it comes down to is whether or not the game registers the headshots. I’m having a blast in the wolf challenge in on lolingstone, not only do the headshots not register, but the enemies get killed for a weak point hit in the arm or foot from time to time. Really having fun. Wish Ubisoft lost everything so no game would ever be produced from them again, don’t wish even my worst enemies to suffer trough this piece of trash game…

Edited by Casanova1887

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Odin's Hideout Challenge was one of my first challenges and oh my god were there some annoying bugs. The most outrageous one was when the game spawned one enemy with literally no weak points. Luckily it was one enemy at the beginning but it still was a good summary for the rest of the challenges.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finished all the challenges after postponing them for a long time because of threads like this one. First, I got all of the gold medals in a span of two evenings without using any sort of guide. I had no issues with not registering headshots, enemies spawning without weak points, stuff like that. Every time I failed it was clearly my error like shooting a guy's weak point in the middle of him firing a fire arrow resulting in him dying or making a guy falling off a ledge when there is an explosive barrel under him, etc. The areas are not so big, so I didn't mind trying again after failure.

Second, it was more fun than I expected it to be. I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. The fun is coming up with your own ways to tackle these challenges. It is also a good thing to check the equipment you get for a specific challenge. For example, there is a challenge where you have to kill enemies by an explosion and your bow has a chance to set up an explosive trap by getting a stealth headshot, etc. Using a guide basically kills all the fun in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2021 at 3:02 PM, BloodyRutz said:

So, I finished all the challenges after postponing them for a long time because of threads like this one. First, I got all of the gold medals in a span of two evenings without using any sort of guide. I had no issues with not registering headshots, enemies spawning without weak points, stuff like that. Every time I failed it was clearly my error like shooting a guy's weak point in the middle of him firing a fire arrow resulting in him dying or making a guy falling off a ledge when there is an explosive barrel under him, etc. The areas are not so big, so I didn't mind trying again after failure.

Second, it was more fun than I expected it to be. I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. The fun is coming up with your own ways to tackle these challenges. It is also a good thing to check the equipment you get for a specific challenge. For example, there is a challenge where you have to kill enemies by an explosion and your bow has a chance to set up an explosive trap by getting a stealth headshot, etc. Using a guide basically kills all the fun in my opinion.

Well this certainly has me feeling more optimistic about trying the Mastery Challenges.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:03 PM, bikeman223 said:

Well this certainly has me feeling more optimistic about trying the Mastery Challenges.

One more thing. I started the Mastery Challenge after having completely finished both DLCs and having all skills available. There is a skill that regenerates your health. If I was not sure I'm gonna hit a weak point in bow challenges, I approached the enemy until I was standing literally a few steps in front of him since I would generate the health anyway in case he would hit me.

Edited by BloodyRutz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 21/12/2021 at 6:26 PM, FresHOnline_ said:

they actually made the challenges easier a few months ago now , u should of seen the  state of them when they first came out u should be  grateful 1f602.png

Wow that's crazy as they are still so broken. I have experienced the below myself recently -

- Enemies spawning in walls

- Not enough enemies spawning

- Enemies dying by fire..not counting as dying by fire 

- Headshots...not counting as headshots

- The ability to assassinate just not present (during an air assassination challenge which is great)

- Getting spotted across the cave but enemies cant spot their dead friend a few metres away

- Getting spotted through objects

- Press R1 to assassinate from a height and Eivor climbs down to do it :)

Yes most of this relates to the raven challenge in the cave. Sure I missed a few but goodluck to everyone!

• Like 1

Ubisoft should also set a level for these challenges. When I tried to do them today, I just parry killed opponents in bear challenges, because I am too overpowered now with all the crazy stuff they are adding.

What level do you guys suggest to be a good spot. I really not want to read 500+ ability points and chose what I need.

If I reset everything I am way too low I guess. These challenges are driving me crazy.

EDIT:

Ok nvm, once I beat the fire bear challenge, the rest is super easy. I swear they even reduced the difficulty more. I did all remaining raven challenges and bear Challenges first try, only the wolf challenges need some more tries and a bit of practice.

Glad I can 100% the game finally, didn’t think I could make these annoying challenges.

Edited by xIRockyRock

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, XxSweetRevengexX said:

Fuck….

who asked for more challenges…. 

This second set is more lenient, far less buggy, and there's only 12 this go around. It's not that bad. Most of this 2nd set you can breeze through in only 2-3 tries. Some will probably take you only one attempt to get gold especially the bear ones. Those are really easy this time and the wolf ones have been nerfed too so you can get away with some mistakes instead of requiring absolute perfection for gold like the first batch did. The raven ones still suck though but at least there's only 4 of them and not 5. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

This second set is more lenient, far less buggy, and there's only 12 this go around. It's not that bad. Most of this 2nd set you can breeze through in only 2-3 tries. Some will probably take you only one attempt to get gold especially the bear ones. Those are really easy this time and the wolf ones have been nerfed too so you can get away with some mistakes instead of requiring absolute perfection for gold like the first batch did. The raven ones still suck though but at least there's only 4 of them and not 5. 

This is “good news”. Would have preferred no challenges lmao

• Like 1