Another GOTY Title

Here are the games we're getting over the next couple of weeks:

- Project: Summer Ice Bowling - Jane Version Story One (EU)
- Project: Summer Ice Bowling - Jane Version Story One (NA)
- Project: Summer Ice Bowling - Pammy Version Story One (EU)
- Project: Summer Ice Bowling - Pammy Version Story One (NA) - Going by footage of the PC version, there could well be 6 games in this particular series, 1 for each girl
- Get to the Top: Breakthrough Gaming Arcade (EU)
- Get to the Top: Breakthrough Gaming Arcade (NA)
- Our Church and Halloween RPG: Story Four (EU)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

They’re more honest with their product, at least price-wise.

Ratalaika ports are cross-buy at least, so two games for the single price tag. While @RatalaikaGames platinums are easy, there's way more content in each title.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Looks like they're coming for the weebs pretty soon

6f77918870.png

677ce07f01.jpg

Good luck Breakthrough, it's going to take more than a couple of waifus to indoctrinate me into cheap plats and Christianity.

Well they were gonna make an anime. So it makes sense there new game has anime waifus. 

Toghether with this new plot about bowling. My anticipation increases. 

They should also release the anime on playstation with trophy support :P

20 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Goodness, we’ve  really come full circle, with Ratalaika spammers acting as trophy elitists.

Keep telling yourself those lies.

Well I gotta agree. ratgames are way better then this shovelware. Seems like even these games are  below the level of some spammers. 

Doesn't make the devaluation of the trophy system that is started by rat games right. 

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Goodness, we’ve  really come full circle, with Ratalaika spammers acting as trophy elitists.

That's an awful lot of name calling. I can just imagine how animated yours hands are while compiling your arguments.

tgvvghS.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Call it a lie if you like, but arguing equivalence between Ratalaika games and Breakthrough games only elevates Breakthrough - doing exactly what you are trying not to do.

This is exactly the problem - you guys have spent so long trying to argue that Ratalaika games have no merit, simply because of a bad trophy policy, that when a true abhorrence finally came along - in the form of Breakthrough’s soul-destroying, utterly cynical lack of artistic effort, merit or value - you had already shot your wad, and everyone was already tired of the argument. 

Come on Doctor, I say this as an atheist jew, you’re basing  your perspective on a negative view  of Christianity. They’re both the same thing.

What happened is simple.

A guy came along, saw how there was a market for easy trophies, and decided to publish  every single pile of crap  he could find. Later on, another guy came along, couldn’t publish  crap like the other guy, so developed his crap, and put it on a lower cost (even if you take cross buy into consideration)  in order to compete, he succeeded and defeated Rata in the market even though he didn’t have the resources the latter had.

Of course, I won’t touch these piles of crap, not now that I’m very close to get a tt ratio of 2.00 and an average rarity below 40%, but this stuff would have happened sooner or later,  especially when there was more people lamenting that other people didn’t like ezpz games.

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

That's an awful lot of name calling. I can just imagine how animated yours hands are while compiling your arguments.

tgvvghS.gif

Oh, I get it, classic American casual racism, if a select group of  people isn’t part of a voting plantation then it’s all fair and game.

You’re the guy that took personal  offence at the  bal- pardon, follicle challenged individual in a  fucking meme on another thread, correct? I’d like to do an healthcare joke, but I’m afraid that it’s past that for you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Come on Doctor, I say this as an atheist jew, you’re basing  your perspective on a negative view  of Christianity. They’re both the same thing.

What happened is simple.

A guy came along, saw how there was a market for easy trophies, and decided to publish  every single pile of crap  he could find. Later on, another guy came along, couldn’t publish  crap like the other guy, so developed his crap, and put it on a lower cost (even if you take cross buy into consideration)  in order to compete, he succeeded and defeated Rata in the market even though he didn’t have the resources the latter had.

Of course, I won’t touch these piles of crap, not now that I’m very close to get a tt ratio of 2.00 and an average rarity below 40%, but this stuff would have happened sooner or later,  especially when there was more people lamenting that other people didn’t like ezpz games.

No - there is a massive difference.

Ratalaika publish games from many different small developers. While those games may be small, and in some cases amateurish in implimentation, they were at least created to be games, and not simply trophy farms - some are fairly well regarded in the small-dev indie scene, and review fairly well within that category on other (non-achievement/non-trophy) places. (Steam, primarily.)

While the implementation of trophies is often done poorly - and, yes, I’ll say it, exploitatively - the fact remains, they were created with the intention of being enjoyable games. 

Breakthrough games are not.

They are made by the same developer, every time, and are not created to be anything but trophy farms - and cash cows.

While I accept that some of the same trophy-related aspects may keep the same people from touching games from either publisher - and that is their choice, and their right, of course - I won’t accept the argument that they are of the same ilk, because they simply aren’t.

I have some Ratalaika games on my profile (not stacked 5-deep, mind you,) and I played them to enjoy them.

That is something that can be true of Ratalaika games, but could never be true of Breakthrough.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No - there is a massive difference.

Ratalaika publish games from many different small developers. While those games may be small, and in some cases amateurish in implimentation, they were at least created to be games, and not simply trophy farms - some are fairly well regarded in the small-dev indie scene, and review fairly well within that category on other (non-achievement/non-trophy) places. (Steam, primarily.)

While the implementation of trophies is often done poorly - and, yes, I’ll say it, exploitatively - the fact remains, they were created with the intention of being enjoyable games. 

Breakthrough games are not.

They are made by the same developer, every time, and are not created to be anything but trophy farms - and cash cows.

While I accept that some of the same trophy-related aspects may keep the same people from touching games from either publisher - and that is their choice, and their right, of course - I won’t accept the argument that they are of the same ilk, because they simply aren’t.

I have some Ratalaika games on my profile (not stacked 5-deep, mind you,) and I played them to enjoy them.

That is something that can be true of Ratalaika games, but could never be true of Breakthrough.

Why do you think the implementation of trophies is done poorly, in the first place?  Outside of cashing in on addicts, it’s because it requires the least amount of  quality check. For The 5 games you enjoyed,  100 others are bugged after the platinum, and no one cares because it’s the platinum they only care about.

Ratalaika does not develop  games because he has enough money to publish (shitty) games already done by others, while Breakthroughs does not have that luxury, so it needs to develop their (shitty) game.

Just because you enjoyed those 5 games, does not mean that they are different type of games, there are christians that  could play these games, and the message of  those games might have resonated with them or  some shit.

To put this into perspective, yours, is the same argument people that played Terminator Salvation and Hannah Montana made, when Ratalaika games appeared, it’ll be the same argument breakthroughs spammers will recite when a new guy with 50 cents+cross buy games will appear.

30 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I’d like to do an healthcare joke, but I’m afraid that it’s past that for you.

Who would have ever thought someone could get so bent out of shape about trophies for games they're not playing. Calm down before you pull a muscle.

23J13Iw.gif

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Why do you think the implementation of trophies is done poorly, in the first place?  Outside of cashing in on addicts, it’s because it requires the least amount of  quality check. For The 5 games you enjoyed,  100 others are bugged after the platinum, and no one cares because it’s the platinum they only care about.

Ratalaika does not develop  games because he has enough money to publish (shitty) games already done by others, while Breakthroughs does not have that luxury, so it needs to develop their (shitty) game.

Just because you enjoyed those 5 games, does not mean that they are different type of games, there are christians that  could play these games, and the message of  those games might have resonated with them or  some shit.

To put this into perspective, yours, is the same argument people that played Terminator Salvation and Hannah Montana made, when Ratalaika games appeared, it’ll be the same argument breakthroughs spammers will recite when a new guy with 50 cents+cross buy games will appear.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, I think, mate.

To me, the salient point is that - Ratalaika games have a chance of surviving the marketplace without the added boost of their (poor) trophy implementation and exploitative sales methods.

Breakthrough games couldn’t.

To my mind, the ancestral lineage of  Breakthrough games are not Ratalaika games (or Terminator Salvation or Hannah Montana)….

….it is the Slyde/1000 Top Rated or My Name is Mayo type stuff - the ones devoid of artistic merit, that sell based only on trophies.

Ratalaika may massively magnify the sales of small indie games using similar methods, but the fact remains that those games were not created solely for that purpose.

Put another way - I can see a dev who made a Ratalaika moving on in the industry and making something great.

I cannot envisage the same about Breakthrough.

Yes, some Rata’s may be amateurish, but it is in the same way as a student film seems amateurish. It might be bad - but it can speak to some artistic merit (however flawed).

Breakthrough cannot.

BTW - I know you are referencing the Christian angle, and I know why - I have brought it up before, and that does make the accusation fair.

Yes, for the record, I do take issue with that too - but it has nothing to do with the points I’m making here.
I assure you - this argument would be the same with or without that added wrinkle.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, I think, mate.

To me, the salient point is that - Ratalaika games have a chance of surviving the marketplace without the added boost of their (poor) trophy implementation and exploitative sales methods.

Breakthrough games couldn’t.

To my mind, the ancestral lineage of  Breakthrough games are not Ratalaika games (or Terminator Salvation or Hannah Montana)….

….it is the Slyde/1000 Top Rated or My Name is Mayo type stuff - the ones devoid of artistic merit, that sell based only on trophies.

Ratalaika may massively magnify the sales of small indie games using similar methods, but the fact remains that those games were not created solely for that purpose.

Put another way - I can see a dev who made a Ratalaika moving on in the industry and making something great.

I cannot envisage the same about Breakthrough.

Yes, some Rata’s may be amateurish, but it is in the same way as a student film seems amateurish. It might be bad - but it can speak to some artistic merit (however flawed).

Breakthrough cannot.

BTW - I know you are referencing the Christian angle, and I know why - I have brought it up before, and that does make the accusation fair.

Yes, for the record, I do take issue with that too - but it has nothing to do with the points I’m making here.
I assure you - this argument would be the same with or without that added wrinkle.

Here’s the thing, we do have a curious case with Rata games, where they published 2 games with a, shall we say,  normal trophy list, and you can easily check the difference in users just in PSNP alone, those games are Stay and One More Dungeon, and well, nope, they didn’t fare well at all.

You bring up several  factors into the equation, I mean, these devs  are cashing in on an addiction, why should they have such an advantage compared to other devs who took a less controversial path? How much is Rata cashing in for doing these copy paste with quick trophies that the devs won’t see? Why should they do that, a costly new project, both in time and money,  when they can get more money with less work? What’s to stop the Breakthroughs guy for doing a good game once  it has the resources like what you proposed for the devs published by Rata? I mean, it’s developing in his case, so he has an advantage compared to Rata who only just publishes games.

Honestly, I have no love for the both of them, they prey on addiction to stay afloat, so I don’t really care what/if  fantastic game they’ll have in the future, I won’t support it on a basis of personal moral.

And well, I doubt Terminator Salvation is worse than Rata games, it had its fanbase, and the devs were more  interested in milking the fanbase, rather than the trophy community at the time. 

26 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Who would have ever thought someone could get so bent out of shape about trophies for games they're not playing. Calm down before you pull a muscle.

23J13Iw.gif

Stop projecting and grow the fuck up, your inability to grow follicles  is no excuse to not growing up mentally,  of course, it is also my fault for taking someone that wanted to push Ratalaika games on a pedestal to insult the newcomer, I have learned my lesson, and will outright block you.

Ironic choice for a manga, also, it had as a villain a child  in the body of an adult, hope you don’t also fit the pedophile part. The friend of the guy in that image I forgot the name.

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You don't find this artistic?

1OY8Jku.png

What a mad man!

To compare the devilish breakthrough series to the holy my name is mayo games.

Insanity.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Fun Fact : These "games" were made before trophies existed.

https://www.breakthroughgaming.com/store/allgames_release.html

Haha, okay fair enough :dunno:

You’ve convinced me - now I think they are artistic masterpieces, and I will endeavour to buy every one I can to experience them as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Honest question: Could this series be the lowest form of shovel ware/cash grab? I’m trying to think of another group of games, even mobile games, that are worse, but can’t. The next company to get it on the trophy exploitation business is gonna have a tough time. The bar is set too low. Maybe if they price it 49 cents and you just press a button on a blank screen and pop all the trophies. Guess that might work.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Honest question: Could this series be the lowest form of shovel ware/cash grab? I’m trying to think of another group of games, even mobile games, that are worse, but can’t. The next company to get it on the trophy exploitation business is gonna have a tough time. The bar is set too low. Maybe if they price it 49 cents and you just press a button on a blank screen and pop all the trophies. Guess that might work.

Technically some of the highly addictive, heavily micro-transactional free stuff on phones are certainly sleazier - in the sense that they are preying on legit addictions, and can (in theory) fleece their prey out of thousands of dollars.

These are only preying on a trophy obsession - and cost only what they cost, with not ongoing cost associated.

However, those phone games are often only so addictive because they are actually fun - and fairly well made in most cases, whereas these are just farted out…

so it really depends on what aspects you see as being ‘worse.’

13 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

They’re more honest with their product, at least price-wise.

....Unless you try and buy them on Xbox, where they are a shocking £4.19 each compared to 79p on psn store! :o

I like them for what they are, a quick trophy fix when there's not enough time to sit down with a 'normal' game, usually due to work etc.

They also remind me of the simpler gaming times (retro!) from my younger days, so it ain't all bad. Yes...my first taste of computer games were like this!!.

• Like 2